Sign in to follow this  
twiggy550

Logging out for hours (or days) at a time

So, I've been playing for a while, but I was curious. Say you stopped playing for a week and you came back to the game. Does your character just have flashing food and water and need immediate attention? Or does he die?

I know that being logged out, your character still "progresses" unless that's a bug... but I highly doubt it. Either way I was just wondering if they die or hang on by a thread until you log into a server.

Alright so your character doesn't die then if you're logged out for weeks at a time, he'll just need food and drink on entry. Good to know.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't playing a zombie survival game with a "tamagotchi" type system built in for when you aren't playing. :p

The needing food and drink are server dependent btw. Some servers you log back into will require you to eat and drink, others will leave you at fully sated. I have to figure out why some do this and others do not.

Well, I starved to death in a couple minutes flat after taking a day off from DayZ. Pretty frustrating to drop dead after 20 hours without food or water. I guess I should've saved that last can of sardines...

The needing food and drink are server dependent btw. Some servers you log back into will require you to eat and drink' date=' others will leave you at fully sated. I have to figure out why some do this and others do not.

[/quote']

I honestly had no idea, because I was wondering about that as well.

It'd be cool if it was just completely streamlined. Or at least more apparent because that seems like important information to me.

this. this is my biggest gripe about the game. i certainly don't have the time to play often. maybe only on the weekends if i'm lucky, and even then for only an hour or so. so i log back in and then die almost instantly. others say, 'hey that's your fault. should have found some food and water.' if i'm on for only an hour a week and i don't happen to come across any food or water, having my progress lost is extremely frustrating. just my 2 cents but i'd really like to see a saved state mechanic implemented.