CreateNPlay (DayZ)

Either better Sidearms or better Hitboxes

Hey All, i really believe that pistols such as the Makarov are too weak, 4-5 body shots at minimum. I However realise a head shot is 1 hit kill but upon a 2foot direct shot to the head, it hit the wall behind the zed. The neck is the only real place to aim for on them but that's not a 1 hit. Also the janky nature of their running paths does not help :/

So yeah, either temporary higher damage pistols on zeds or a better hit box would be much appreciated.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

I'd rather just see the pathing mechanism for aggro'd zombies be fixed. I know it's dictated by client-side player movement, but seriously the glitchy zigzagging is unrealistic.

• Like 2

I'd rather just see the pathing mechanism for aggro'd zombies be fixed. I know it's dictated by client-side player movement, but seriously the glitchy zigzagging is unrealistic.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the zombies running like Usain bolt if they ran not all zig-zaggy :/
  • Like 1

janky <-- is it a word?

I personally don't mind it, just run into a building and I hit their heads just fine.

Edited by evolution

Zombies are not really a major threat as it is. I am not calling for them to be upped in danger value, but for a survival game in a zombie apocalypse I rarely am too worried by zombies. I use a glock for zombie takedowns and have no issue headshotting the infected.

It is just knowing to run round a corner, through trees or into a building so they slow down in their buggy nature :/

Because this is an alpha mod, and zombie animations are still being worked on.

i think it all just comes down to the issue of then being client sided controlled but the server still has to update and keep tabs. it would be great if they would go right att you sometimes i even see zombies Sprint away or to the side then at me or sometimes they run circles around me @.@ i think another cool zombie idea would be if they could aggro other living things (like cows and sheep) so if you got zeds on you and pass up a cow they all go nom on the cow instead of you . :D

ah yeah i understand what you mean now an instant smoke that instantly confuses them. (ive never tried useing a smoke nade to get away lol )

I had one and about 500000000+ zombies on me, didn't work. I justt instantly re-aggroed. Also, shouldn't zeds go to where they heard the sound, not directly locked onto the player?