Euphonos

Weapon Cleaning System

Having played ACE for Arma2 and having had a weapon jam. I don`t know if this exclusive to ace, but I think it would be a good edition. The introduction of a small weapon cleaning kit, that fits in the tool section of your inventory.

After firing 30 or so rounds from your primary, less for your side arm. I the frequency of jams increases until the carbon build up is so bad, you are reloading after each shot. This would be good for tension and urgency when bottle necking zeds in buildings.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, or hard it would be to do. All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

+1 to weapon jamming

Maybe improvise weapon condition into it?

For example good weapon condition the guns don't jam, mediocre condition they jam infrequently and poor condition they jam constantly. Also implement a weapon repair kit to up the conditions...

Just a thought.

Edited by evolution

Yes as it stands you could fire a trillion rounds and not get a jam. Carbon does not build up on the gas parts that quickly in real life, but as I said it would add to the tension if you think your gun may jam if you haven't cleaned it .

BIgtaff im nicking you flag :)

Thanks.

It would take a lot to implement correctly, or realistically. I think it would be amazing though! Do you want the accuracy of M16A2 or the reliability of the AK74?

yeah i love this idea too i know playing far cry 2 abit sometimes my weapon would jam and id have to hit cover and it really did add to the tention of a fight

Thats a good idea, I think this deserved a thumbs up :) could it be a different weapon cleaning kit for various different weapons though? as an m1911 kit will be different too an AS50 kit?

Maybe it could be items in inventory such as

Rifle cleaning kit

Pistol cleaning kit

shotgun cleaning kit

Sniper rifle cleaning kit etc?