Snakeyes1

Should the Stinger Missile be added to counter the helicopters?

Stinger Missiles  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Stinger Missile be added to counter the helicopters?

With the recent addition of flyable helicopters, is there an effective way to counter them when they are airborne?

If they're anything like BF3 you may as well throw a wet cat at them.

However, as heli's are rare and hard to repair - they're not much of a problem.

• Like 1

Helis aren't a great threat and they can be dealt with using an AS50 with anti-material rounds. If people had stingers there'd be no point in flying one at all. It'd be certain death.

If they're anything like BF3 you may as well throw a wet cat at them.

<snip>

LOL! Good one.

Yes you should be able to get stingers. However you should also be able to find ultra-rare counter-measure flares in the NW Airfield that you can deploy from Helis to counter the stingers.

Yes you should be able to get stingers. However you should also be able to find ultra-rare counter-measure flares in the NW Airfield that you can deploy from Helis to counter the stingers.

Or you could just not have stingers.. lol. Heli's are far too hard to repair and are slow enough to get a shot on them. If you've got a .50cal sniper it should be no problem taking them down.

Helicopters are not as armoured as you would think, a few well placed rounds from an assault rifle or sniper can seriously damage or cripple a helicopter.

Besides stingers would be a highly situational item to carry around, the only time they would be useful is if you know you are going to encounter a helicopter.

Edited by Steelpoint

Helicopters isn't exactly a recent addition, they were in the game since the mod began (I think) and were just recently removed for some issues I'm not sure about since I wasn't playing at the time.

Seen one helicopter in my whole gameplay time

Heard 4 helicopters in my whole gameplay time

Never seen a helicopter actually engage targets

Yeah...we absolutely need a defense against helicopters....

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

Helo's are downed pretty easily with regular weaponry, like AR's or 50 cals.

Or at least damaged enough for the pilot to fly away before they crash.

Edited by Typehigh

Seen one helicopter in my whole gameplay time

Heard 4 helicopters in my whole gameplay time

Never seen a helicopter actually engage targets

Yeah...we absolutely need a defense against helicopters....

Actually, I don't think the biggest threat helicopters pose is a lethal one. If you've ever been up in one, you'll realize immediately just how ridiculously easy it is to spot tents and vehicles. It's not that helicopters pose a physical threat, it's that they basically mean that if you thought hiding a tent or vehicle was difficult before, it's now essentially impossible.

Helo's are downed pretty easily with regular weaponry, like AR's or 50 cals.

Or at least damaged enough for the pilot to fly away before they crash.

So true. 1 perfect shoot with my as50 on the main rotor and 8 man died. That was realy awesome

Actually, I don't think the biggest threat helicopters pose is a lethal one. If you've ever been up in one, you'll realize immediately just how ridiculously easy it is to spot tents and vehicles. It's not that helicopters pose a physical threat, it's that they basically mean that if you thought hiding a tent or vehicle was difficult before, it's now essentially impossible.

How true and that is my only real concern with the helicopters flying again. Long range recon is a snap with a helicopter. Spot a tent camp and/or vehicles and then land and drop off a team. Raid the tents, drive away in the vehicles. Rinse and repeat.

But you won't just stand around your camp with a Stinger waiting for a helicopter recon to spot you

For me this sounds too....random

One would never defend his own camp with a Stinger, people would just run around with them if they have enough space and shoot a helicopter if they see one

So instead of being shot down when spotting a certain, well-defended camp, helicopters would just be shot down when crossing the path of a Stinger-wielding madman

And like people said already, a .50cal or M249 SAW can deal with a helicopter too

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

I do not think there should be any counter measure. The choppers seem somewhat rare, so if someone finds one it adds an awesome perpesctive of survivability

I think helicopters should be able to fly over the coast and trigger a win screen if its full of gas and fully repaired. Because what are you actually going to do with a Helicopter in a zombie apocalypse? GTFO most likely.

No there is already a rocket type launcher so far more rare than the heli! I have looted everything in game more than twice over but haven't even seen the rocket launcher. Also, if in fact the .50 cal can take down a Huey than stinger is over kill. And.....imagine what type of destruction building damage and grieving can be done by hackers and stinger missiles. I would advise everyone to vote no on this

I think helicopters should be able to fly over the coast and trigger a win screen if its full of gas and fully repaired. Because what are you actually going to do with a Helicopter in a zombie apocalypse? GTFO most likely.

Yeah, that wouldn't work so well I don't think. First thing I thought was this:

How true and that is my only real concern with the helicopters flying again. Long range recon is a snap with a helicopter. Spot a tent camp and/or vehicles and then land and drop off a team. Raid the tents, drive away in the vehicles. Rinse and repeat.

I think that's awesome.

I'm voting "No" on the poll. Camo netting may be a viable solution to hiding tent camps and vehicles from the air.

I think that's awesome.

The group that sSnakeyes and I are a part of had what we believe is that exact scenario happen to us since a helo was spotted flying in the area twice in about 30 minutes last night and we lost two vehicles shortly after the first spotting of the helo in flight over our traditional AO. Anyway I voted no on the stingers.