Huntersaurus

New gear and weapons?

Gear

I was on Dayz today and realized no new Gear or weapons have been added for a wee while, So just pondering my thoughts and maybe it would be possible too add some Military webbing too hold ammo instead of having too use the backpack or inventory too Hold Ammunition (A bit like an extra bag).

Body Armour? Maybe have some military ceramic combat vests too help when in PvP? Obviously you wont start with any of the gear I have mentioned but it would be some more 'Quest objectives' for people wanting too gear up their character.

Weapons

When thinking about weapons I know that Dayz has the L85 with the 'god' scope. I was thinking how about the standard British Army L85a2 with SUSAT? I think it would be an amazing addition too the game as the L85 is an iconic weapon of Britain (even though its made by H&k now but shh its a secret ;) ).

The G36 family possibly? As the map of Chernas is taken from Germany I thought how about some good old German iconic weapons, the G36 popped into my noggin :)

Last but not least the British Army L96a1 I think this is an awesome looking sniper rifle ( alot better than the American m24 ) Its just got the boss Caliber and the Boss look and combined with the Ghillie Suit, I think it would look amazing.

These are only suggestions, if you don't mind no trolling, only suggesting something too make the game more fun

Cheers

Hunter.

p.s I am up for a conversation about Idea's!! :D

I'm all up for more gear being added, I'm not sure about more military grade stuff though. The actual list of available weapons they could pluck straight from Arma is endless. As it stand they've said that they're not concentrating on adding content for the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the final product has the things mentioned above and more. For now they're just ironing out bugs.

I love the idea of body armour but it worries me that it might unbalance the game further where we'll end up with the top end guys (NVG's, thermal scopes, Body armour) having no competition once they (we) reach that point. For now I like the fact that a dude with a shotgun can still have a (barely) fighting chance if he plays his card right.

Edited by Fraggle

to many guns will make hackers more invisible =/ they need to take care of most of the hackers en get a better cheat engine till then i say add maybe 1-2 weapons SLOWLY

How about playing another mod instead of DayZ? You already have them there and don't have to ask for it. And we are not the military.

One type of gear I would like to see added is camo netting. With the advent of helos flying around ingame it is easy to have vehicles spotted and tent locations spotted and therefore the larger groups that have started controlling servers (at least the ones I have been on) will continue to grab all the vehicles and move them up north or out west on the maps and they generally have a monopoly on the best ingame storage units.

So Camo Netting is my suggestion.

• Like 1

How about playing another mod instead of DayZ? You already have them there and don't have to ask for it. And we are not the military.

I'm pretty sure he said in his post not to bother trolling.

I'm all up for more gear being added, I'm not sure about more military grade stuff though. The actual list of available weapons they could pluck straight from Arma is endless. As it stand they've said that they're not concentrating on adding content for the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the final product has the things mentioned above and more. For now they're just ironing out bugs.

I love the idea of body armour but it worries me that it might unbalance the game further where we'll end up with the top end guys (NVG's, thermal scopes, Body armour) having no competition once they (we) reach that point. For now I like the fact that a dude with a shotgun can still have a (barely) fighting chance if he plays his card right.

I see what you mean, It could just make 'uber clans more uber' and when you said 'A normal chap with a shotgun still has a chance against 'godlike' characters' That made more sense too me when you put it that way, Hmm what do you suggest?

The G36 family possibly? As the map of Chernas is taken from Germany I thought how about some good old German iconic weapons, the G36 popped into my noggin :)

Wrong. Its based on Czech Republic, the country I live in. I'd suggest vz.58, czech modification of AK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._58

Edited by Jimmy McNulty

One type of gear I would like to see added is camo netting. With the advent of helos flying around ingame it is easy to have vehicles spotted and tent locations spotted and therefore the larger groups that have started controlling servers (at least the ones I have been on) will continue to grab all the vehicles and move them up north or out west on the maps and they generally have a monopoly on the best ingame storage units.

So Camo Netting is my suggestion.

That's an awesome suggestion, here is a scenario, We have got a jeep and tents and we are in a Forrest close too an airfield due too the amount of traffic moving through the airfield covering up equipment with netting too make it harder for 'outsiders' too find and raid. I like it friend very good suggestion :)!

• Like 1

I see what you mean, It could just make 'uber clans more uber' and when you said 'A normal chap with a shotgun still has a chance against 'godlike' characters' That made more sense too me when you put it that way, Hmm what do you suggest?

It's tricky because the key to getting this game right is all about balance for me. The thing I love about Arma & Day Z is that even if your carrying high-grade stuff it still only takes a couple of shots to put someone down. It means players are measured by their levels of skill rather than the size of their gun.

I'm just having a quick think about what weapons/gear I'd like to see added (I'm eating my lunch) then I'll let you know.

Wrong. Its based on Czech Republic, the country I live in. I'd suggest vz.58, czech modification of AK.

Ah my apologies friend, I was reading a post here the other day and I must of misread, the weapon itself has it got a bigger magazine?

Game-wise, Chernarus is a Russian place, thus Russian weapons are more likely.

Ah my apologies friend, I was reading a post here the other day and I must of misread, the weapon itself has it got a bigger magazine?

Im not some gun expert, but Vz.58 is standard service rifle of Czech military, it has good accuracy and its reliable. It looks almost same as AKM, and reliability isnt plus in dayZ since guns dont jam or something. But I'd love to see it ingame. But thats because I'm czech I guess.

How about these..?

They're already in Arma2: CO...

7ol8S.jpg

ENH2f.jpg

dfh8e.jpg

ZuBmJ.jpg

And Camo versions...

rOh8z.jpg

HKyeC.jpg

qtZBS.jpg

DSpKK.jpg

And the machine gun...

V4rMR.jpg

How about this instead..?

bvMHu.jpg

Edited by LeOverlord

Hey man don't want to spoil your beans but I believe you got it wrong and Sa vz.58 is NOT modification of AK but rather evolution of older Model 52 rifle.

Funny thing is that even the wikipedia article you have listed says so :

The vz. 58 externally resembles the Soviet AK-47 but is internally a substantially different design based on a short-stroke gas piston, which shares no parts with the Kalashnikov design

Edit: I felt the need to correct you because saying that Sa vz.58 is modification of the AK is disrespectfull to our Czech engineer who made vz.58.

Edited by Hombre

Hey man don't want to spoil your beans but I believe you got it wrong and Sa vz.58 is NOT modification of AK but rather evolution of older Model 52 rifle.

Funny thing is that even the wikipedia article you have listed says so :

The vz. 58 externally resembles the Soviet AK-47 but is internally a substantially different design based on a short-stroke gas piston, which shares no parts with the Kalashnikov design

Well I said I'm not a gun expert, I didnt even read that article on wiki, I guess you're right then.

Indeed Krtshv, hmm what about the vss? they are russian snipers?

oEHZk.jpg

Yes...

Also lets replace the M107 and the AS50 for this guy...

Fl4pt.jpg

VSS is a sexy beast, always loved that gun. It was awesome in STALKER series and bad company 2.

Edited by Jimmy McNulty

How about these..?

They're already in Arma2: CO...

7ol8S.jpg

ENH2f.jpg

dfh8e.jpg

ZuBmJ.jpg

And Camo versions...

rOh8z.jpg

HKyeC.jpg

qtZBS.jpg

DSpKK.jpg

And the machine gun...

V4rMR.jpg

How about this instead..?

bvMHu.jpg

Thats beautiful! nice homework buddy, does Arma 2 have the standard L85?

Eeerr... vz. 58 isn modification of AK (though they might look similar). It design was just affected by contemporary common trends in gunsmithing...

Eeerr... vz. 58 isn modification of AK (though they might look similar). It design was just affected by contemporary common trends in gunsmithing...

Damn, i was late.

VSS is a sexy beast, always loved that gun. It was awesome in STALKER series and bad company 2.

Too bad no one would want it...

"Wah Bandits don't need another sniper! What It silenced too? No way you player killing newb!"...

When most don't even realize the engagement range off the VSS is extremely short...

You'd almost be better of using a M4A1 CCO SD...

But noobs will be noobs...

Thats beautiful! nice homework buddy, does Arma 2 have the standard L85?

Yes...

But I don't have any readily available skins to show you though...

Best I can do is point you to this link...

http://www.arma2.com...weapons_en.html...

Talking about vz. 58... how about this?

http://www.arma2.com...eaponry_en.html

Sweet, last time I checked they didn't have a weapon list up for this expansion...

Edited by LeOverlord