Sign in to follow this  
Silentwalker

So is this a zombie survival game?

Hey guys, just doing a little rant on Bandits.

So I have been playing this game for almost 2 weeks now and I have been killed by bandits, 95% of the time, mostly never zombies. When ever I spawn and have no gear or anything I will get killed by a bandit, when I survive long enough to get a gun or a hatchet I get killed by a bandit. Also alot of the time if I see them first they will say "Friendly".... and then shoot me, I'll say friendly and they will shoot me. Are there any servers where player v player damage is off? because I would love to play this game without getting killed by another player.

Most of the time it will be out in the middle of nowhere and no where near any towns and some how a bandit will kill me with a sniper. It really removes me from the game, and I'm really regretting buying Arma 2 now.

Decided to start again... was alive for about 10 min, spawned in an amazing place, great loot went out side to get some more then wouldn't you fucking know it in one hit, some one with a hatchet KILLS ME. and that sealed the deal. Not comming back to this game ever again... that or all Australians are ass holes. (playing on aus server)

Bandits/survivors are pretty rare to me. Especially on start. Are you going in big cities? You should start slow

• Like 1

QQ.

Bandits are part of the game.

But learn to differentiate between Murderers (The cunts who stay near the coast and kill unarmed players)

And bandits.(People who kill farther north when you can actually fight back) Us actual bandits have class and morals.

/thread

Edited by ThatGuyCalledReptile
  • Like 2

Bandits/survivors are pretty rare to me. Especially on start. Are you going in big cities? You should start slow

Most of the time I am killed out in the wilderness or at small towns, when I do go to big towns most of the time I am fine.

Wow you've been playing a whole two weeks eh?!

Hey guys, just doing a little rant on Bandits.

So I have been playing this game for almost 2 weeks now and I have been killed by bandits, 95% of the time, mostly never zombies. When ever I spawn and have no gear or anything I will get killed by a bandit, when I survive long enough to get a gun or a hatchet I get killed by a bandit. Also alot of the time if I see them first they will say "Friendly".... and then shoot me, I'll say friendly and they will shoot me. Are there any servers where player v player damage is off? because I would love to play this game without getting killed by another player.

Most of the time it will be out in the middle of nowhere and no where near any towns and some how a bandit will kill me with a sniper. It really removes me from the game, and I'm really regretting buying Arma 2 now.

Decided to start again... was alive for about 10 min, spawned in an amazing place, great loot went out side to get some more then wouldn't you fucking know it in one hit, some one with a hatchet KILLS ME. and that sealed the deal. Not comming back to this game ever again... that or all Australians are ass holes. (playing on aus server)

All Australians aren't assholes.

Also, they aren't bandits. They're murderers.

Most of the time I am killed out in the wilderness or at small towns, when I do go to big towns most of the time I am fine.

these are the best people to hunt

see zombies at some random building while driving, know the person isnt expecting us B)

QQ.

Bandits are part of the game.

But learn to differentiate between Murderers (The cunts who stay near the coast and kill unarmed players)

And bandits.(People who kill farther north when you can actually fight back) Us actual bandits have class and morals.

/thread

It's just annoying expecting to play a zombie survival game when it's just another call of duty (Shoot every player on sight)

QQ faggot. Try playing on a less populated server then

And by the sounds of it you just ran it open fields waiting to be shot.

nub plz. We don't want your bitchy kind around here. but you sure are fun to kill xoxox

[Warned - 4L4N]

Edited by 4L4N
Homophobic slurs

I'm sorry for what you're experiencing but the DayZ community literally went down the drain (some good examples are posts above this), it's kill or be killed. Servers without PvP are sadly against rockets god complex so sorry, no luck there. I'd reccomend going away from the coast as fast as possible, grab only some food and water and nothing else, maybe even have a few friends play with you.

On a sidenote, do not join full servers, in a 40/50 slot server you're bound to see another player sooner or later and I hate breaking it to you, they will kill you for the pure enjoyment of just killing.

Edited by Colditz
  • Like 2

nub plz. We don't want your bitchy kind around here. but you sure are fun to kill xoxox

Around the edge in the trees is out in the open? usualy join servers with around 20 people but they fill up quite fast.

It's just annoying expecting to play a zombie survival game when it's just another call of duty (Shoot every player on sight)

Private hive servers are looking to be the future. There seems to be less bandits and murders when serverhopping for gear, kills and survival are not an option... :P

• Like 1

You were not killed by bandits, you were killed by noobs who think this game is all about deathmatch. Do not put us in the same group as these guys.

Edited by Dev

THIS is what the community is turning into, and it's pathetic. These people didn't exist on this board, or at least did in VERY small numbers, when this mod came out. Now we have these trolling little bastards everywhere. Steam summer sale for the loss...

OP, don't mind the hormone raging, homophobic, parental issue, teenagers on here.

But to relate to a couple other concepts I saw trying to creep through in these posts, it sounds to me like you aren't playing very cautiously. I play on a good 8 or so servers and RARELY do I die within the first 60 minutes. Freak accidents and greed do happen though haha. At the least I keep a character for a few hours before I get greedy and a bandit puts me in my place. I've also played a few characters passed the one week mark just to see how many zombie kills I can rack up looking for those mythical heli crash sites I can never seem to find. So far 602 is the highest :). But see, it's really not that hard. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I'm not some mythical gaming god. I'm probably towards the shitty side of the player spectrum in everything except sniping. I recommend you focus less on the "you dying" concept and focus more on the "why am I dying?". Obviously if you die 5 times in an hour, you need to do something completely different the 6th time. Repeating what you're doing is getting you killed, it's obviously not a viable survival strategy.

Also, as others have stated, Bandits and those shits-n-giggles murderers are COMPLETELY different breeds. There is a distinction, and you need to find it.

Edited by PunchClockVillain

I don't know if its an issue of play style or luck but I rarely have these issues with bandits. The majority of my characters in the game last a week or longer and generally hit several bases and helicopter crashes before I get knocked off by zombies or bandits...I try to play on lower pop servers, I rarely run into others and while most people have shot on sight I have had more friendly encounters then others seem to have. I also generally spend about 3-5 min watching towns from the hills with binoculars before I go down to loot and play almost exclusively mid/north map (this has let me avoid many more players then I've gotten into shootouts with).

I know this is all advice that's been given before, my experience just seems much more positive then others and I don't really know why.

Edited by Chuckles

What would this game without bandits? I mean real bandits, not those coastal murderers. Zombies gets annoying pretty damn fast..

lately we have been mass killing zombies just because one of our group always uses AKM and it seems to bring the whole town in on us when he fires a round . But there isnt much zombie survival in this game the zeds are too badly coded or whatever to make it so.

THIS is what the community is turning into, and it's pathetic. These people didn't exist on this board, or at least did in VERY small numbers, when this mod came out. Now we have these trolling little bastards everywhere. Steam summer sale for the loss...

OP, don't mind the hormone raging, homophobic, parental issue, teenagers on here.

But to relate to a couple other concepts I saw trying to creep through in these posts, it sounds to me like you aren't playing very cautiously. I play on a good 8 or so servers and RARELY do I die within the first 60 minutes. Freak accidents and greed do happen though haha. At the least I keep a character for a few hours before I get greedy and a bandit puts me in my place. I've also played a few characters passed the one week mark just to see how many zombie kills I can rack up looking for those mythical heli crash sites I can never seem to find. So far 602 is the highest :). But see, it's really not that hard. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I'm not some mythical gaming god. I'm probably towards the shitty side of the player spectrum in everything except sniping. I recommend you focus less on the "you dying" concept and focus more on the "why am I dying?". Obviously if you die 5 times in an hour, you need to do something completely different the 6th time. Repeating what you're doing is getting you killed, it's obviously not a viable survival strategy.

Also, as others have stated, Bandits and those shits-n-giggles murderers are COMPLETELY different breeds. There is a distinction, and you need to find it.

It's good to see that not all of the community within Dayz is like that and that some people do actualy give helpfull advice.

It seems you are unlucky, I spend alot of time up north and try to avoid those small towns with no buildings to enter and rarely come across other people unless its a deer hut or stary etc. I like to keep myself hidden when I get close and on the towns with shops etc i will spot people crouch walking in and if I was a murderer it would be an easy kill. I prefer to watch them and see what they get upto.