Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Wow, the barracks are lame--NO THEY'RE AWESOME

so i FINALLY make it to the NWAF. i go to the barracks, rushed, because my family was leaving for dinner and i was overly excited for my first time so i wanted to check, then leave. i go down the line, nothing but trash and ammo for guns i don't have. okay. so i lie down, and log out. a few hours later, i join again, and check the rooms again on my way out. OMFG AMMO BOX!!! 50 stanag rounds. no gun. i only have a shotgun. great. and then what do you know? the door is blocked by four tank traps and seven barbed wires.

really?

so i leave that server, because i don't have a toolbox and can't escape. new server. same thing. doors totally blocked, useless shit in every room. repeat about for or five times. i am still currently stuck. i'll fill you in when i get out...

(i don't want to farm, but i literally CANNOT escape this building. at least i was in a building with good loot.)

EDIT: on this time, the door was still blocked but there was NOTHING. absolutely nothing in the building. not even trash. come on, wtf people! STOP BLOCKING THE FUCKING DOORS! i mean, come on! why is all of the barbed wire on the servers with 0-2 people on it?! (i will NOT join a server with more than 2 people in my current situation...i will never leave the airfield if i join a deathmatch.)

EDIT2: so i finally got out, on my 11th attempt. and what do i see as i spawn in? AK-74. the exact gun i lost in the grass one week ago. halleluyah! it's almost as if this was meant to happen. i never thought i'd see my ak-74 again... :'( BUT! anyway, it didn't have ammo. which made me decide against taking it... so as i checked the rooms one last time (tons of DMR ammo), i walked outside, and what i saw i couldn't believe.

a tent.

so i stroll up to it, and what do i find? 7 AK MAGS. hell. yeah. so i grab four, run back and grab my beauty, and run into the distance, laughing maniacally. i have officially survived the NWAF. thank youuuuuuuuuuu server hoppers. well the mags were AKM mags, which for some reason doesn't work with AK-74, so i went back, found an AKM then ran. yay.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

50 Stanag rounds what the fuck? Lmao.

that was all that was in the box... :C

My last 2 trips to NW yielded ammo boxes, and a delightful M4A1 holo. I have a bag stuffed to the brim with SD ammunition; I'm happy.

uh wtf i go there and get good shit everytime

i think it's because i have generally awful luck.

That's what loot chance percentages are all about...

Not much point in every sucker who runs into the barracks walking away with a DMR, SatNav, Ghillie suit, NVG and a haunch of roast beef....

Edited by uberwolfe

i think it's because i have generally awful luck.

No, it's probably because server hoppers are beating you to it every time - you must server hop faster~!

-MONSTER

• Like 3

i was overly excited for my first time so i wanted to check, then leave. i go down the line, nothing but trash and ammo for guns i don't have. okay. so i lie down, and log out. a few hours later, i join again, and check the rooms again on my way out. OMFG AMMO BOX!!! 50 stanag rounds. no gun. i only have a shotgun. great. and then what do you know? the door is blocked by four tank traps and seven barbed wires so i leave that server, because i don't have a toolbox and can't escape. new server. same thing. doors totally blocked, useless shit in every room. repeat about for or five times. i am still currently stuck. i'll fill you in when i get out...

I was trapped in the Cherno church the same way until i log into a low population foreign server. I still have no toolbox till this day.

I've ran across two of the boxes myself. Not sure if it's hacks or something that's meant to be.. post-12045-0-03494100-1343721547_thumb.j

called ammo boxes and theyre legit

theres stanag and LMG ammo ones

Edited by Buffjesus

I'm pretty sure but don't quote me if you spawn in a location you have to leave then come back to get any loot. I think this is a mechanic to limit server hoppers for supplies.

But there is supplies 90 percent of the time,

I think the trash loot etc is spawned by someone else being in the area before you recently. I've tried this theory in a deer stand on low pop servers and a out of way location. No loot on spawn just like no zombies. For best results and tactically spawn about 200 yards off. Normally gives server time to spawn loot by the time you arrive.

You think people get NVGs and silenced M4s by just visiting once in a while?

You've got to visit that place a lot to get the good loot

don't log out in buildings, especially the barracks at NWAF.

when we are at NWAF we farm for server hoppers spawning in there,

its astonishing how stupidity raises with greed.

good thing you learned that lesson now.

and next time, when you want to farm hot spots, make sure to bring a spade+toolbox.

Edited by Azrail