Sign in to follow this  
iongaming33@aim.com

Gave Humanity a chance, and it was blown (literally)

So today I found myself going around different servers, repairing choppers, and doing fun things with my buddies. We ran out of engine parts after we repaired a few so we split up to find some. I headed to the Solnichy industrial area to find some. I am a bandit. I kill for fun, call me an asshole. So I'm looting the industrials and this guy pops around the corner. "Hey!" he yelled. After subconsciously scanning for a weapon, I was about to shoot when I thought, hey, unarmed, lemme give him a chance. I told him he shouldn't jump out at people and he laughed asking where I got all my amazing weaponry. I conversed with him for a while and he seemed like a complete newb, till I noticed his heartbeat. For those of you that don't know heartbeat signifies how many players someone has killed. The faster it beats, the more murders this player has committed. You have to kill a lot to have one, and someone has to look directly at you to hear it. I took it as a bit strange, but decided to leave him be. He asked what I was doing and I told him. He asked if he could tag along and I said sure. (Hey, Im bein a nice guy might as well give this n00b the ride of his life in a chopper) I then made sure I didn't have a weapon in my bag just in case as I usually carry around a sniper. (I'm a bandit, remember?) Food, water, parts, and a Satchel Charge. Hell, if he took that I'd see him put it down. SO we ran along for a while and he was a pretty chill dude, he kept reminding me if I wanted him to leave just say so, pretty chill. We ran for a while until we came into a building, and another unarmed survivor ran in. He identified as friendly, and we all sat around talking for a bit. The new guy ran upstairs and looted the upper floor. I looked in my bag and the satchel was gone. I ran up and shot him to pieces with my MG. "Fucker took my satchel". I said as I looted his corpse. I looted his corpse and bag and didn't find the satchel when it hit me. "Oh fuck" I said as I saw the original guy running out the front door. I Made a break for the back and had just gotten out when It exploded. I somehow was not harmed, the building collapsed. I turned and chased the guy through a few streets before mowing him down. I'm lucky to have walked away from this, and am tempted to go back to the shoot-on-sight method. Maybe I'm the dumbass for trusting someone, or maybe there is hope, and it was just this guy. Not sure but this happening has changed me forever.

• Like 1

I am a bandit. I kill for fun, call me an asshole.

That was a pretty fucking stupid thing to say, considering how incorrect it is.

You're a murderer. Said product =/= bandit.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

lol i would have shot instantly, and i don't think the heartbeat is correct as some of my friends who don't have murders have it.

So today I found myself going around different servers, repairing choppers, and doing fun things with my buddies. We ran out of engine parts after we repaired a few so we split up to find some. I headed to the Solnichy industrial area to find some. I am a bandit. I kill for fun, call me an asshole. So I'm looting the industrials and this guy pops around the corner. "Hey!" he yelled. After subconsciously scanning for a weapon, I was about to shoot when I thought, hey, unarmed, lemme give him a chance. I told him he shouldn't jump out at people and he laughed asking where I got all my amazing weaponry. I conversed with him for a while and he seemed like a complete newb, till I noticed his heartbeat. For those of you that don't know heartbeat signifies how many players someone has killed. The faster it beats, the more murders this player has committed. You have to kill a lot to have one, and someone has to look directly at you to hear it. I took it as a bit strange, but decided to leave him be. He asked what I was doing and I told him. He asked if he could tag along and I said sure. (Hey, Im bein a nice guy might as well give this n00b the ride of his life in a chopper) I then made sure I didn't have a weapon in my bag just in case as I usually carry around a sniper. (I'm a bandit, remember?) Food, water, parts, and a Satchel Charge. Hell, if he took that I'd see him put it down. SO we ran along for a while and he was a pretty chill dude, he kept reminding me if I wanted him to leave just say so, pretty chill. We ran for a while until we came into a building, and another unarmed survivor ran in. He identified as friendly, and we all sat around talking for a bit. The new guy ran upstairs and looted the upper floor. I looked in my bag and the satchel was gone. I ran up and shot him to pieces with my MG. "Fucker took my satchel". I said as I looted his corpse. I looted his corpse and bag and didn't find the satchel when it hit me. "Oh fuck" I said as I saw the original guy running out the front door. I Made a break for the back and had just gotten out when It exploded. I somehow was not harmed, the building collapsed. I turned and chased the guy through a few streets before mowing him down. I'm lucky to have walked away from this, and am tempted to go back to the shoot-on-sight method. Maybe I'm the dumbass for trusting someone, or maybe there is hope, and it was just this guy. Not sure but this happening has changed me forever.

Sounds like you got your moneys worth! This is why not shooting on sight is great, it makes for scenes that you won't see in another game.

Edited by jesquik

Good read worth the "wall of text" nice last second escape

That's a great adventure and a good story. It was only possible because you tried something different from your 'normal' playstyle.

Just think about it, if you've acted differently (not giving the first guy a chance) you wouldn't have had this great adventure.

You're not a dumbass for trusting people, but the heartbeat you noticed with the first guy should have been a warning to you. Too bad you shot the 2nd guy, IMO he was probably the

one that really deserved your trust, but you've killed him.

I wish you luck on your travels!

lol i would have shot instantly, and i don't think the heartbeat is correct as some of my friends who don't have murders have it.

heart beat transfers between characters

even if youve had 1 murder on 5 seperate characters and 0 on your current, you will have a heartbeat of 5 murders

Thank you for the good read. I pretty much agree with other posters - that's what you get for not shooting on sight - a fun story to tell!