Anton17

My 100% fix for the artifacting graphics bug.

I've seen many threads popping up about this and many proposed solutions. I know the common one is to set your video memory to default (this should always be on default since it allows you to use more than 500mb of GPU) and I know that doesn't work. I do, however, know a solution that does work.

The next time you're in an affected area, simply press 'M' to bring up your map (this will work even if you don't have a map) and alt-tab away from the game while the map screen is still open. Switch back to the game and press 'M' again to close the screen and you should get the "Receiving..." message (note, this does leave you vulnerable for a few seconds so avoid doing it around zombies or player threat areas). When you come back to your character and world, the issue should be gone.

I'd be interested to hear if this doesn't work for anyone since its solved it for me each and every time its happened.

I have yet to get the glitch since I haven't played much since the update. However thank you for posting this and I will attempt your fix when I play today :)

Ya, you just need to flush vram

I simply overclock/downclock gpu core by 1mhz when entering big cities/tent areas

• Like 1

It seems to happen around player structures, like barbed wire and tank traps. I get it really back, forcing me to completely avoid some populated zones.

• Like 1

Going to try this next bud! Thanks!

It only happens for me around at two places (NW airfeild, Tents at stary)

• Like 1

No worries. Worked for me in both of those places. :)

Yeah, this didnt' work for me as well. Still have severe artifacts.

Just flush your video memory it's easier quicker and works.

How about them getting a real fix for it instead ?

Nothing is 100%. If you have a 100% success rate, you just haven't played enough. We use the flush command and it does do the trick most of the time, but sometimes there's nothing doing except a total restart of the game.

So no, neither this or any other fix i've seen so far is 100%.

The reason this works for me is due to my constant alt tabbing in the game..atleast I think.

with the games current state, i believe that you could write a notepad on your desktop saying "FIX arma glitches" and it would work, this game(Engine) is so weird.

Have anyone drove the humping atv's? dont shift over a bump, and dont drive into a bush, one from our group did that yesterday, he got flinged 10m up in the air and got saved with 150blood left lol, yeah we are awesome like that lol :D

-Go in your document/arma2/*yourname*.arma2OAprofile

-CTRL + F

-write scene

- go in line scenecomplexity

-change your values by 100000

Aaaaaaand its done !

:)

Sadly, this did nothing for me.

shift -- flush doesn't do much of anything either.

closing the entire Arma II client and coming back in - does nothing.

Switching to Map, as the OP suggested, seemed to work on the initial approach, but once too close it doesn't work

Go to Video Options in-game then 'Advanced' options. In the bottom right corner there is the 'vsync' option. Disable and then enable it and you should go to a black screen then 'receiving'. This should fix it, temporarily. However, if you're too close to the artifacting then it won't work. Also, if you aren't using you original profile in OA, try C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\<InGameName>\<InGameName>.ArmA2OAProfile\ and open with Notepad. Scroll all the way to the bottom or use Ctrl+F and find "sceneComplexity=300000;" or something like that near the bottom. change the value to 100000, like Benja8k said. This should make it happen less, NOT fix it all together. This is just a temporary fix, and it should be fixed in the next update, which was supposed to come out today. All we can do is wait for the developers to figure it out!

It's the 'dead soldier' objects laying around. Bad geometry or something. You'll get these artifacts anywhere there are dead soldiers permanently decorating the landscape.

Just changing vsync on or off, works for me. Whenever I get artifacts, I just change the vysnc setting and its gone until the next area that has it.

-Go in your document/arma2/*yourname*.arma2OAprofile

-CTRL + F

-write scene

- go in line scenecomplexity

-change your values by 100000

Aaaaaaand its done !

:)

Finally! This ended up working for me. I still did have a bit of artifacting every now and then, but it was so minimal, and only happened once or twice in Stary Sobor.

Nice find! You have my :beans: good sir!

For the statid dead soldier artifacts, I reload the game. Helps for ca. half an hour.

I tried all of these methods and nothing seems to work. I join a server less then a minute later it happens, It is impossible to even play