Anton17

Under 9000 health and zombie's "random" super-punch.

Yea me and a buddy yesterday were in a small room (bad idea) whilst bandaging from chasing zeds. we were keeping them out the room okay.. but then a zombie charged through the WALL - straight through us both - killing both ;/ i had a lot of health..this hasnt happened before

Edited by Clatterbridge

Zombies too easy. Zombies too hard. Make your damn minds up. You should not be in a dangerous area like a town if you have anything less than 12,000 blood and the problem is solved, it's not hard to understand?

Zombies are both too easy and too hard depending on the situation; right now they can absolutely rape solo'ers - especially baring in mind it'll be harder for soloers to maintain that 12k blood without transfusions AND they also are helpless when incapped.

• Like 1

I disagree, as stated in other replies to similar topics - trauma affects us all in different ways.

Until you have a zombie gnawing at your face you'll never know who you would react.

Zombies are both too easy and too hard depending on the situation; right now they can absolutely rape solo'ers - especially baring in mind it'll be harder for soloers to maintain that 12k blood without transfusions AND they also are helpless when incapped.

Thank you!

Oh you people :) This makes me chuckle just because I just read a topic to buff and make Z's more potent and deadly. Then there is this. Randomness is good, you never can count to anything, you can't check out "oh good, I can take 4 hits before I have to worry, now I can do this".

The hard punch of the Z's should always be there, not regarding to your current blood. It makes you more carefull and makes you to plan more. This game is supposed to be cruel and one hit knockdowns? They are just that, cruel.

Think it as of a strong hit to your head to temple, you will be knocked out by it. But please do not try it on reallife :D

You should not let the Z's hit you at all or have a friend who can pull you out of the trouble if you get knocked down.

Trouble is not the knock down but the breaking of legs. Tell me how many times does it take to break your leg by punching it with your fist! Or biting it! These are the only weapons available to the Zed but they can break my leg with them? Really?!?!? Breaks the immersion when i hear that CRACK from a single Zed punch at whatever health!

Losing conciousness i can agree with but it should be lowered to 6-7k not 9k as its too easyto lose the amount early to get to 9k and its damn hard to restore it unless you find alot of beans, Hunt animals (which needs certain items) or have a transfusion from another player (who are rare and a friendly one is even rarer!).

The 60% chance of bleeding is broken it should be 30% max in my opinion.

Will this make them too easy? Probably but thats where you make them alot more in numbers too. There should be that 'Horde' feel that Zombie games/films are known for.

Edited by Grey Warden

Trouble is not the knock down but the breaking of legs. Tell me how many times does it take to break your leg by punching it with your fist! Or biting it! These are the only weapons available to the Zed but they can break my leg with them? Really?!?!? Breaks the immersion when i hear that CRACK from a single Zed punch at whatever health!

Losing conciousness i can agree with but it should be lowered to 6-7k not 9k as its too easyto lose the amount early to get to 9k and its damn hard to restore it unless you find alot of beans, Hunt animals (which needs certain items) or have a transfusion from another player (who are rare and a friendly one is even rarer!).

The 60% chance of bleeding is broken it should be 30% max in my opinion.

Will this make them too easy? Probably but thats where you make them alot more in numbers too. There should be that 'Horde' feel that Zombie games/films are known for.

When you get hitted, you might trip over and by that breaking your leg if it was positioned in bad angle. I have seen a toes to break up for a minor tripping and there is no way you could stand after that. There is a lot of stuff that can break in your leg and it does not always have to be a "great" force that causes severe damage. By breaking your leg it does not automatically mean that you actually broked your tibia or femur. There is a lot of "stuff" you can break too. SO maybe the mechanic is that the Z hits you, you fall over and by that caused the damage over your leg and break something.

2 days ago i was full HP playing with a group of 3 friends. aggro'd some Z's (3 Z's) had them rush me, and knocked me unconscious and got me down to 3K! HP in a matter of about 2 seconds, my friends could barely shoot them before they killed me. seems a bit much. i think it could be tweaked down some. i mean seriously, i lost 9K health in less than 3 seconds?? dang.

Thats exactly how it should be! A few days ago you were able to shoot zombies with a 1911 with one shot and nearly never got this much damage. What was the result? No one even TRIED to stealth. Just run in as mad, take every zombie with you in a building to shoot them down, when you want to loot something. Now you think about this twice, because it isn't nearly as easy to kill them.

I found myself stealthing and crouching much more often. So after a few days of trying the new weapon power out i think this makes the pve part of the game better. However... the PvP part ist much worse now.

Sniper weapons are much stronger than noob equip, resulting that players with good gear fuck up new players even harder. I thought rocket may think that DayZ was better a few weaks ago when there were atleast SOME friendlys. Now everyone is deathmatching. Its getting more and more boring.

• Like 1

Thats exactly how it should be! A few days ago you were able to shoot zombies with a 1911 with one shot and nearly never got this much damage. What was the result? No one even TRIED to stealth. Just run in as mad, take every zombie with you in a building to shoot them down, when you want to loot something. Now you think about this twice, because it isn't nearly as easy to kill them.

I found myself stealthing and crouching much more often. So after a few days of trying the new weapon power out i think this makes the pve part of the game better. However... the PvP part ist much worse now.

Sniper weapons are much stronger than noob equip, resulting that players with good gear fuck up new players even harder. I thought rocket may think that DayZ was better a few weaks ago when there were atleast SOME friendlys. Now everyone is deathmatching. Its getting more and more boring.

Why do people have to bring PvP in every topic? Let's discuss KO here and PvP in other 100500 threads, shall we?

I used to stealth everywhere now i run into towns and just aggro the Zeds into a building and axe their asses off. Because the gun is so much worse now i only rely on the hatchet for Zed killing making outside combat against multiple opponenst a bad idea. So i always just run for the nearest building now and axe things to death where as before i would kill some from a distance and then try and sneak past the rest. But this isn't a discusiion about the guns nerfness.

So back on topic, Jaznap, you may be unto something but really we have alot of clumsy survivors out there then as it happens too often to just lose your balance or a Zed steps on your toe. we are fighting for our very survival against such a scary opponent, will i trip over alot? Yes if i am to be killed but the setting of Dayz sees alot of Zeds that have already turned because of mistakes like that. The survivors we play as i see are the ones that are true survivors that can actually keep their balance, otherwise they would be dead already.

The fact is though is that its a game and this mechanic doesn't work (i agree with you about ANY part can be broken i disagree that it will happen this often). The 60% bleed chance (and it actually seems higher then that to me) is lame in the sense of real life (ok punching me could split my lip but will it bleed me to death?) doesn't work. The only chance i have of fixing a bleed is bandaging in a building but this isn't always an option so you run around trying to either kill the last few Zeds or lose them in the woods etc. By now you are on 7-8k blood and tye next Zed that hits you has a good chance to now break your leg...guess what? Your miles away from any hospital! And the respawn button is gone AND theres no zombies around OR no players either that could help...good luck = broken game mechanic.

Lose the breaing legs from Zed attacks, being KO'd from too much pain and not chance, Bleed less or bandage faster.

Never understood why we have 12,000 blood when you essentially become cannon fodder against any infected at 9000. My experience is pretty much the same as yours, any time I've had to fight a zombie at less than 9k it's resulted in being knocked out and killed in short order. I'd frequently hear my friends bitching about the same thing every time they'd drop under 9k, so it really doesn't feel like a very low probability.

Then again, they seem to break legs just as often as they did before the nerf too so who knows.

Edited by Maderas

I don't know. I get the feeling that the people that think the zombie super-punch factor isn't as frequent only ever travel in groups and never play solo, with the ability to restore health quite easily.

Losing the required amount of blood to get you to 9k is very, very easy. Say you're running from a bunch of zeds, or even trying to prone past them. One catches onto you and makes you bleed (not very hard). Let's say you are proning, and you need that agonizing time to stand back up again, by that time he's got about another 3 hits on you. With the new zombie damage, you can say if you were at 12000 blood prior, you're now at 11000 or even 10000. Running and trying to find a place to hide and bandage up is much, much harder now that they are a lot harder to lose, especially in forests as was my common technique. By the time you're in a situation you can bandage yourself without being pummeled, you're probably at 9000 health or under. Then you have to get back out to safety. At this point, the norm is 1hit is the end of you.

Its fine if you have people to cover you, someone with a blood bag or plenty of cooked steak, but how often can you say that's the case? When you spawn, your only option is to run into town, usually alone, to gather supplies to survive, you're gonna encounter quite a few zombies as well as players. I've found you need extreme luck in a variety of ways - stealth is risky at best, players are always around and the zombie AI and movement is nowhere near refined enough to justify these penalties. I know death is the main part of the game, but we're not playing Super Meat Boy here. You don't get a 2 second period where you can try again and hope new tactics or the gods shining on you will help you get through a town alone. Its a long agonizing process that doesn't work when you're up against a broken slot-machine. I've been dying more times to zombies than players when I'm in new-guy mode and I don't think that's down to not being sneaky enough or being a bad player.

For those 'realist' arguments, you can get to fuck. Really. You're dwelling too much on fantasy and not enough on game design and mechanics.

This wouldn't be bad if the Zombies didn't run at the most retarded speeds and have the most twitchy pathing known to man.

I was playing with a group of people. We were all well armed and taking out some zombies following us. Easy enough, right. Well, we all were knocked out one punch. Game over. I played a bit more in the day and it continued to happen a lot more. Knockouts are pretty deadly now that the zombies hear better and aggro much easier. And all knock outs occurred when I was 11k health or higher and always in one hit. Broken leg seemed to happen a lot more too.

I lone wolf most of the time and haven't really run into this problem. I honestly can't remember the last time I was knocked out but I rarely let zombies get that close to me. The other day I made a mistake and shot an M14 while in a house. Ended up burning through my ammo and had to whip out the hatchet. I was surrounded in the doorway and I had time to bandage myself twice before dying. I didn't get knocked out until I was practically dead.

I can imagine this sucks but it doesn't happen to everyone. Are we sure these weird zombie stretch-o-arms isn't related to lag? What are you guys doing when this happens? Moving, sitting still? Something has to increase the likelihood of this happening other than blood loss.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

I lone wolf most of the time and haven't really run into this problem. I honestly can't remember the last time I was knocked out but I rarely let zombies get that close to me. The other day I made a mistake and shot an M14 while in a house. Ended up burning through my ammo and had to whip out the hatchet. I was surrounded in the doorway and I had time to bandage myself twice before dying. I didn't get knocked out until I was practically dead.

I can imagine this sucks but it doesn't happen to everyone. Are we sure these weird zombie stretch-o-arms isn't related to lag? What are you guys doing when this happens? Moving, sitting still? Something has to increase the likelihood of this happening other than blood loss.

Situation? Running like a madman or trying to bandage myself from further bloodloss and that inevitable donkey-kong-punch. I've stated this several times but nobody seems to be reading it. I don't have a problem with the feature but the consistency and frequency at which it occurs.

I'm honestly really surprised you managed to last in that situation. Was it in the latest patch? I've had that before but on a previous version, not current. In a lone wolf situation like that I'm already on the floor being eaten alive before I'm even aware I'm vulnerable or in danger.

Please don't come back with "you're always vulnerable and in danger". I try my best to prioritise and only shoot my gun when it is totally necessary. I used to consider bullets on zombies wasted but now that's been completely flipped on its head. The situations I end up having this slot-wheel-of-certain-death-punch is always when I feel confident that I can deal with the zombies or handle myself, and that's from current blood, how far away I am from a building, how many zombies are chasing me, if I'm in the woods, ammo, bandages, other players, etc. etc.... Lately, no matter how prepared I am for the encounter, they get the jump on me out of nowhere. I'm all for difficulty and challenge but as I said before, this mod and these zombie movements and AI are nowhere near refined enough to implement such amazing frequency of the super-punch.

Zombies just need to be fixed... Full stop.

Their animation and the collision detection mainly. Apart from that... they'd be pretty fine. Only reason they move and attack so F'ed up is that according to Rocket as a programmer multiplying the speed value by x was his way of making them faster; not taking in account the animation itself. So once the animations are done and the collision is fixed so they can't superman through wall because of the current "I'm a zombie and i'm about to hit you so for this current period of time collision detection with walls and house objects is out of the question".

After that's sorted; we'd be fine; well not fine... But a lot less frustrated with the 1-hit K.O. that can happen as we couldn't blame odd movement or glitchy behavior. Just that we got caught. As for you unlucky; it's happened to me; just not that often.

Edited by reddeer01