Sign in to follow this  
gambles

ShootOnSight not needed to survive.

Hey, I'm Gambles.

I'm a survivor, you may have seen some post's around the new player forum I have made recently. I'm still relatively new to the game but I have picked up pretty well on it and I am not only surviving but surviving without shooting people on sight. I also go out of my way to run up along the beach and find players that are new to the game and help them how I can, whether it be finding weapons or figuring out how to turn auto-walk off.

I've haven't died in a long while now, I have had some close calls and have to avoid hostile players like the plague. But I've made some great friends by playing the way I do, which to me is far more valuable than any loot I could ever pick up and lose.

I often travel with BigDutch my IRL friend. He is a bit more aggressive but has fallen into my ways of asking questions first and shooting later. We are cautious, it's pretty easy to spot a hostile player in a town, or a player who neither needs nor desires your help.

We have even gone so far as to incapacitate hostile players and yell to them we are leaving morphine on the ground before we run off.

It has been a really great experience. Some people are so surprised to see us behave in such a way, I hope it inspires them to play a little differently to.

I guess the point I'm trying to get across here is you don't have to listen to the people who say "shoot on sight or die". Just be careful, be aware, and help those who you know need it. It may put a smile on your face and you may even come to enjoy it more then looting NW Airfield, as I now do. Maybe karma has granted me the ghillie suit ;).

qGe2T.jpg?1

• Like 7

we need more propaga.. ehm stories like this!

hail the karma o>

Edited by sm00tje

I only wish I had the gear/supplies to do what you do. :/

If it weren't for the damned tent bugs, I'd be well equipped enough to do what you do.

Good to see people like you in this game. :)

Edited by Haizakokaru

Its nice to see there are friendly's in the game. I just started over the weekend, i wish i would of ran into you for some guidance. All other players i've ran into are either noobs like myself crawling around looking for loot, or arm who would just shoot me. I will try to play it nice and not shoot first.

Its nice to see there are friendly's in the game. I just started over the weekend, i wish i would of ran into you for some guidance. All other players i've ran into are either noobs like myself crawling around looking for loot, or arm who would just shoot me. I will try to play it nice and not shoot first.

Aww I wish I had ran into ya too! but don't give up and when you're far enough a long that you can help someone else out, don't hesitate. I really believe with enough people doing this the community can change into something better and more mature :)

Edited by Gambles

Good attitude hope to meet up with you and your friends and exchange a can of beans or something! :)

Hey Gambles I totally agree with your play style. I think there are plenty of us that don't kos.

Just about an hour ago I went to cherno at night. It was a new spawn so I ran straight in, I got everything "almost" anyway I had two guys in my sights about 20 feet away and could have easily killed them but I just turned away. They had no idea i was there I was in a ghillie suit. Anyway hope to see you out there and good job staying alive so long.

I killed a guy who was very well armed climbing to the top of a fire house in elektro. I got a murder and no bandit kill but i like to think that i saved a few lives because a) there's never any loot ontop of the firehouse and B) with point a, why would any well armed fella be running out to the top of the firehouse?

Man, I have a broken leg and no clue where the nearest hospital is.

If any of you see me, could you spare some morphine?

Nice one. Some of my best experiences in the game have come form helping noobs.

Wish people followed this.. had a guy tonight i had dead to rights and was following him.. i asked over chat if i needed to worry about him killing me he said no and we carried on together then we got to a dark area and he shot me :/ lame...

Why would you go into a dark area in the first place? Much less take your eyes off of him lol. I've been very fortunate to meet friendly people who actually mean it when they say they're friendly

I killed a guy who was very well armed climbing to the top of a fire house in elektro. I got a murder and no bandit kill but i like to think that i saved a few lives because a) there's never any loot ontop of the firehouse and B) with point a, why would any well armed fella be running out to the top of the firehouse?

We do the same, a dude with a Lee Enfield or another type or rifle sitting on a roof or high spot is almost always up to no good.

Hope to see you around, Gambles and other moral survivors. The game needs more people like you.

Shoot on sight is definitely not needed to survive. My interactions with other players have been overwhelmingly positive. I always say "friendly" and I, probably rather stupidly but I want to reinforce the point, never point my weapon at them. I help whomever I can, once gave away my hatchet because I knew where more were and the guy was unarmed; always offer to give away spare mags if I don't need them. If anyone on the forums ever sees me (SN is same as in-game) and is looking for an item, please ask. I will point you in the right direction if I've seen it. Heck, I'm carrying two blood packs and I always travel alone... what does that say about my intentions?

I'm in town to grab matches, a hatchet, a combat knife, a map, a canteen, and ammo for my hunting weapon. All I care about is getting to the woods and surviving on what animals I can kill and what water I can find. I'll upgrade from my 1911 when I have the chance, and I'll use that weapon for hunting. I'd like to see Devil's Castle too, if only through the lenses of a pair of binocs.

I've killed one bandit; I identified as friendly and he opened fire. I opened fire back and didn't stop shooting until he was dead. Our firefight brought zombies, and I laid low for a bit to let the heat die off. He must've been traveling with buddies as all hell broke loose in the market in Cherno (up to that point, I didn't know windows could be broken) and I was eventually killed. Still not sure where the fire was coming from... I'll gladly kill if I'm fired upon, but the rounds need to be close and obviously intended for me, otherwise I'm harmless.