CHOSENMARINE

Dayz goal / to easy

If you belong to a clan, or have been playing this game for a while, you're probably pretty good at it. You likely have neat gadgets like M4's, NVG, and who knows what kind of vehicles. What else is there to do? Dayz has no ultimate goal, nothing to stay fighting for. Right now, the technical "goal" is to survive, but for an apocalypse, it seems a little easy to just stay alive. I'm sure Rocket and his buddies are working on a few now, but there should be more detail to the survival element of the game. I'm referring to a variety of ways to do things like eat or drink. In stead of just beans and steak, have wild barriers and apple trees. meat will be a luxury, and usually only found through hunting wild animals. and I mean real hunting, not running up to a boar and hitting it with a hatchet :| . Maybe you risk getting sick if you drink lake water, but it's safe when you boil it (over a fire). Rain is another way to obtain water, because let's face it, pop and canteens are very basic, as well as just beans and meat.

We need Dayz to be about something to reach for. "Something" can be anything from Reaching the top of the leader boards, to finding a cure for the disease (which is just something of the top of my head). Also, leader boards need to be changed. Right now they're based off of zombie kills, it should be based off of who is alive the longest. The leader boards should also have top three longest lived survivors on that server (kind of like top score sort of thing). Make the leader boards more desirable, and prominent. If there ever is a goal that "wins the game", (which there probably won't be) make it so difficult to accomplish that nearly half the people in the server would need to work together to do it. Right now, it's too easy.

The reason I made this topic is because I'm sitting at my camp with everything I could want and I'm thinking "what now".

Ideas? feed back?

Edited by CHOSENMARINE
  • Like 3

Survival is the goal.

Yeah we know that...the point is that it is a half arsed and fairly boring goal.

ummm the mod is in Alpha..

the entire direction/purpose of teh mod (game) isnt even fully flushed yet..

the fact we all can even play this yet is amazing.. of course theres no endgame. it hasnt even been designed yet let alone coded/tested.

enjoy the gameplay thats here now.. if your getting bored, either take a break or slow down and enjoy the journey..

personaly im playing maybe 1 hour a day and REALLY taking my time exploring.. living my character like its my life on the line.. slow n careful wins the race..

well ok, maybe not everytime cuz Zombs are anything but slow.. hahaah

I agree and for now i largely blame the slow progress on bugs that are being dealt with to please all those with Beta concerns ...

I've been playing for 2 months and my favourite weapon is the lee Enfield, I tend to stay with the common guns... I also love the crossbow! In my tent I got so much rare shiti don't use.... I think I went a tad off topic, sorry fellas..

Survival is the goal.

I understand that, and I also stated that in the topic...

the fact we all can even play this yet is amazing.. of course theres no endgame. it hasnt even been designed yet let alone coded/tested.

enjoy the gameplay thats here now.. if your getting bored, either take a break or slow down and enjoy the journey..

personaly im playing maybe 1 hour a day and REALLY taking my time exploring.. living my character like its my life on the line.. slow n careful wins the race..

I totally agree, but this is the suggestions section of the forum. So I made some suggestions.

Yeah, the game design is in 'alpha' and isn't fully 'flushed out' for half a year.

Yeaaaaaaaah.

What's the 1st rule of game design? Oh to know what you are making in the first place.

Game design and concept is suppose to be completely finished before development starts.

It's easier to stop denying reality and say it: The modder is just developing on a whim.

Modding is much different than independant games, in that modders don't always take it very far, and in most cases you see mods never reaching indie level because the modders don't have enough enthusiasm to go all the way.

That and Arma II doesn't fund any modding/indie things like Unreal and Source, so modding interests are at a all time low for this game.

Edited by dra6o0n

Yeah, the game design is in 'alpha' and isn't fully 'flushed out' for half a year.

Yeaaaaaaaah.

What's the 1st rule of game design? Oh to know what you are making in the first place.

Game design and concept is suppose to be completely finished before development starts.

It's easier to stop denying reality and say it: The modder is just developing on a whim.

Modding is much different than independant games, in that modders don't always take it very far, and in most cases you see mods never reaching indie level because the modders don't have enough enthusiasm to go all the way.

That and Arma II doesn't fund any modding/indie things like Unreal and Source, so modding interests are at a all time low for this game.

interdasting+retard+reaction.jpg

If you belong to a clan, or have been playing this game for a while, you're probably pretty good at it. You likely have neat gadgets like M4's, NVG, and who knows what kind of vehicles. What else is there to do? Dayz has no ultimate goal, nothing to stay fighting for. Right now, the technical "goal" is to survive, but for an apocalypse, it seems a little easy to just stay alive. I'm sure Rocket and his buddies are working on a few now, but there should be more detail to the survival element of the game. I'm referring to a variety of ways to do things like eat or drink. In stead of just beans and steak, have wild barriers and apple trees. meat will be a luxury, and usually only found through hunting wild animals. and I mean real hunting, not running up to a boar and hitting it with a hatchet :| . Maybe you risk getting sick if you drink lake water, but it's safe when you boil it (over a fire). Rain is another way to obtain water, because let's face it, pop and canteens are very basic, as well as just beans and meat.

We need Dayz to be about something to reach for. "Something" can be anything from Reaching the top of the leader boards, to finding a cure for the disease (which is just something of the top of my head). Also, leader boards need to be changed. Right now they're based off of zombie kills, it should be based off of who is alive the longest. The leader boards should also have top three longest lived survivors on that server (kind of like top score sort of thing). Make the leader boards more desirable, and prominent. If there ever is a goal that "wins the game", (which there probably won't be) make it so difficult to accomplish that nearly half the people in the server would need to work together to do it. Right now, it's too easy.

The reason I made this topic is because I'm sitting at my camp with everything I could want and I'm thinking "what now".

Ideas? feed back?

Boooooooooooooooo!

I like the idea of more stuff to do. This is a sandbox so it shouldn't be more story oriented. More features and a little bit more danger would be great, as for a goal I'm strongly against it.

The only goal I would like is character development of some kind, so survival is beneficial apart from epeen

Boooooooooooooooo!

I like the idea of more stuff to do. This is a sandbox so it shouldn't be more story oriented. More features and a little bit more danger would be great, as for a goal I'm strongly against it.

The only goal I would like is character development of some kind, so survival is beneficial apart from epeen

I hear you. I just put that up because some people might like the idea

This game is a lot like Minecraft, once you secure the fact that you can support yourself for a long time with food and defense, its up to you to define your own goals, no matter how big or little.

You may decide you just want to become the Anti-bandit and have a group of friends patrol around your home server, making it known that bandits are going to receive justice (or the reverse if you feel like it) or you can go bigger and perhaps you and some of your clan decide you want to open up a trading post for players on your server to safely trade items. (I've seen it done before, successfully even.)

Sure you can get bored of sitting on all your items and wondering what to do now, but you'd also get bored of "Find the Cure." or "Escaping Chernarus." After a few times.

There should be an incentive to kill zombies and rewards for doing so. You may attract bandits though so it's risky. Perhaps if you reach 50 zombie kills you earn some type of skill, 100 you receive calm aiming, and so on. Leader boards are a great way to start an end game goal.

In a zombie apocalypse there will be split groups/societies. Implement a feature where you can join red or blue team for example.

You have no idea how healthy ArmA2 modding community is. There is even people who still making addons for ofp resistance wich is ArmA's daddy, a 10 years old game.

Have a look at those links and you will understand:

http://www.armaholic.com/

http://www.armedassa...nfo/?setlang=en

http://forums.bistud...p-MODS-COMPLETE

http://forums.bistud...MODS-DISCUSSION

Please try to do a little search next time. Google is your friend.

ArmA2 is not only DayZ.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller