Sign in to follow this  
ianhk@msn.com

Stuck "Loading" After 1.5.8.4

Having the very same issue, after some dabbling with the beta patch for arma and getting kicked for battle eye not recognizing the latest beta patch the game just gets stuck on loading.

wish i didn't go and install that OA beta patch :( was playing just fine beforehand now it's all screwed up :(

Im pretty sure that it is related to servers not running the latest hive, and not deleting their log files (logs get too big). Try another server.

So far all the RPT files I have been sent, the loading issue was caused by server issues associated with wrong HIVE version.

It's happening to a lot of people. I've been using beta since first day playing (may 5th) so its not that. It has more to do with database errors since 1.5.8.4, but that's just my guess. There is a trending thread in announcements that we are all commenting on to hopefully get DayZ dev team's attention as they fixed a similar issue for ppl last week. Good luck.

Im pretty sure that it is related to servers not running the latest hive' date=' and not deleting their log files (logs get too big). Try another server.

So far all the RPT files I have been sent, the loading issue was caused by server issues associated with wrong HIVE version.

[/quote']

Hi Rocket,

First off thanks for all the work you are doing. The game is great and I hate to be a burden to your time. I have tried a multitude a servers all with the same problem. I have reinstalled all mod files and retried with same problem. Any further way we can assist let us know. Thanks again and no rush

I will ask the server admin for the [Rangers] server (Dallas 13) that I'm part of to try deleting his log files. I know he updated the HIVE last night some time while I was on vent. I will get word back to you here if that seems to be a fix.

Hey Rocket. I'm having the same issue but an error message shows up really fast when Loading. It says a lot of things, but the last two lines says this:

Error Generic error in expression

File z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf, line **

**= I forgot the line number. Sorry.

Right now I have tried almost every server I see and they all stuck on loading. I get that message only sometimes (meaning I don't get it every time I try to enter a server). I'm downloading the game again (I have the digital version of it) and I'll try reinstalling, since nothing I've tried works.

Complete reinstall Arma 2 and Dayz mode, this does not solve the problem.

I tried to connect to different servers, does not work.

Im pretty sure that it is related to servers not running the latest hive' date=' and not deleting their log files (logs get too big). Try another server.

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply, how long would you wager it takes for all the servers in question to update to the correct HIVE version? I might be asking the wrong person but I figured I'd give it a go.

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply, how long would you wager it takes for all the servers in question to update to the correct HIVE version? I might be asking the wrong person but I figured I'd give it a go.

Rocket is the lead dev for DayZ....aka THE person :P

Hey guys, great news. I'm no longer stuck on loading. Not I can get pass loading screen, but I'm stuck on waiting for server response (which is normal on most servers). I'll keep trying and I'll post the result later.

[/quote']

Rocket is the lead dev for DayZ....aka THE person :P

Granted, but is he also in charge of when servers update their version of HIVE? I'm new here, so I wouldn't know these things.

Hey guys' date=' great news. I'm no longer stuck on loading. Not I can get pass loading screen, but I'm stuck on waiting for server response (which is normal on most servers). I'll keep trying and I'll post the result later.

[/quote']

i'm in the same boat. Stuck on loading before, mailed the devteam about it with all the necessary stuff. Now i'm awaiting server response but that's cool, i know like everyone has that issue

Hey guys' date=' great news. I'm no longer stuck on loading. Not I can get pass loading screen, but I'm stuck on waiting for server response (which is normal on most servers). I'll keep trying and I'll post the result later.

[/quote']

Same thing, got into debug forest 2 times now, but not into the game. I'll keep trying.

[/quote']

Same thing, got into debug forest 2 times now, but not into the game. I'll keep trying.

yep same here, i also explicitly joined a server with the new hive update listed in the server. Waiting for server response and after like 15 min i might spawn in which it will be debug forest.

UPDATE: EVERY server I try to log into stucks into waiting for server response. Every single one! I've tried to wait for like ~5mins and nothing. What's going on?

So I'm getting stuck on "waiting for server response", more or less like everyone else. I'm seeing people in chat however who've spawned as Birds, or in the debug forest.

I will ask the server admin for the [Rangers] server (Dallas 13) that I'm part of to try deleting his log files. I know he updated the HIVE last night some time while I was on vent. I will get word back to you here if that seems to be a fix.

I have backed up and deleted the log file on the server Holy, hopefully this will fix the issue.

Thanks man, ill try getting on in an hour. For those interested in tryimg in the meantime, try loading on Dallas 13 and see if it works. Much appreciated

Thanks man' date=' ill try getting on in an hour. For those interested in tryimg in the meantime, try loading on Dallas 13 and see if it works. Much appreciated

[/quote']

I tried dallas 13 and it gets me stucked on loading.

Thanks man' date=' ill try getting on in an hour. For those interested in tryimg in the meantime, try loading on Dallas 13 and see if it works. Much appreciated

[/quote']

I tried dallas 13 and it gets me stucked on loading.

the same

Tried dallas 13, got into "waiting for server response", then something like "Connected to server. Creating character" and after 15~ minutes of that, debug forest and now when i tried again i'm stuck on loading again.

Just tried Dal 13, same thing. Rocket asked us to please email our .rpt files to him with a specific title....look on the thread under announcements.

Alright guys, for Rocket to address our problem individually do the following.

Email you .rpt files to Dayz Dev Team with the email title as: "SERVER LOADING ISSUE: ROCKET"

To access RPT files: C:/users/[your name]/appdata/local/arma 2 oa/arma2oa.rpt

Dev email: dayzdevteam@gmail.com

Good luck all!

Just tried Dal 13' date=' same thing. Rocket asked us to please email our .rpt files to him with a specific title....look on the thread under announcements.

[hr']

Alright guys, for Rocket to address our problem individually do the following.

Email you .rpt files to Dayz Dev Team with the email title as: "SERVER LOADING ISSUE: ROCKET"

To access RPT files: C:/users/[your name]/appdata/local/arma 2 oa/arma2oa.rpt

Dev email: dayzdevteam@gmail.com

Good luck all!

Has anyone gotten this to work yet? I've been stuck at loading since yesterday.

Not sure, but I haven't seen a response email from the dev team. I'm sure they are working on it but I would give it a day or so. A lot of people are having a lot of problems

why is so difficult to fix it? i dont understand...

where is the problem? in our computer or in the server?

if it is in our computer why we cant remove bad files and replace it¿?

The problem (I believe) lies in the central character database, thus why you cannot connect to any one server. Apparently when servers updated the HIVE, several players' data did not transfer over correctly...and here we are.