Sign in to follow this  
YouSerious?

YouSerious?

Hello! 'BunnyHillPro' here. Why exactly were my forum priviledges removed/suspended for a day because of this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...servers__st__20 ??

The 'Warning Point' says "Offensive Language", but... Well... Everyone, just go read the thread and the conversation between me and a forum troll. Decide, and let me know your opinions.

EDIT: All with somewhat intelligent answers (In favor of me or not) will recieve beans for participation because I love you guys.

My language was NO more offensive than anybody elses in the entire forum board, let alone that thread. Nothing racist/sexist or anything of the like. Is it because I called hacker/exploiter's dickbags or douches? Is it because I said "F***" 2 or 3 times, not at someone, but at a situation? Or is it because I was touching on an iffy topic and you didn't like my opinion/perception of the matter? I'm just curious I guess.

It would be great if I could get unsuspended so I could do what I was doing on EVERY thread other than that ONE thread, help people with bugs/questions exc. If not, it's just 1 day I guess.

SO, to Curgon : http://dayzmod.com/f...er/9040-curgon/

What was so offensive in my language that warranted a suspension? I know you have to do your job, but give me a heads up? Tell me to edit my posts? I would HAPPILY stop or edit every single post to say "Poop" instead of "F*@!".

The main thing is, Dayz isn't perfect. In many ways it is, but there's a lot to be done, and I should have the right to use this forum to express my opinion on any matter possible. If I'm saying something inappropriate tell me EXACTLY what I said that warranted the suspension so that I can avoid that in the future. When I look at the thread, the words I used are no different than the other posters (I dont know if you suspended them of course).

I'm very strong in what I believe, and to lock a thread about the ever growing hacker problem because a troll comes in is ludicrous in my opinion! (I won't give the trolls name, but you'll spot him right away if you read a little).

TL:DR - Look at the thread linked at the Top - Was I suspended for language? Or for the 'message/opinion' I had?

Edited by YouSerious?
  • Like 1

That is strange might be something else???? <_<

Its usually open season on Dayz forum!!! :D

I dunno!!! :|

Edited by Itchy
  • Like 1

You are SO clueless it's hilarious. He owns a server... A CENSORED comes onto his server that teleports everyone to him and starts killing everyone... The OP who owns the server CANNOT ban the CENSORED CENSORED that is ruining his server with cheats.

YES, The issue of hackers has been in EVERY GAME... but this is the CENSORED first time EVER in a game where people PAY REAL LIFE MONEY for a DEDICATED SERVER where they actually have NO SAY in what happens. It's CENSORED bogus that because the server renter is trying to remove an obvious hacker from his server he loses his priviledges. It has the look of the Devs siding with exploiters/hackers, instead of the people running this game.

You don't understand, he can't even kick and ban... lol. He literally pays $40 a month.. to sit in his server and be slain by some CENSORED who paid $10 for a hack. The guy who paid $10 elimates days/weeks amount of work for 30+ players in a matter of minutes and the server owner can't do CENSORED about it because if he bans the hacker, all the hacker has to do is make a "SERVER #BLA ADMINS ARE ABUSING POWER!!!!! WAAAAHHH" thread on the forums and the devs blacklist it.

MY guess is that you got in trouble for swearing so much and being aggressive.

• Like 2

I commend you for putting this up for a third time but Im pretty sure it's just going to get deleted again and result in either you getting banned again, perminantly or silenced on the forums. I agree with 90% of what you said but again no one forced you to get your own server. So best of luck to you bud, hope the future looks better for ya

• Like 1

I commend you for putting this up for a third time but Im pretty sure it's just going to get deleted again and result in either you getting banned again, perminantly or silenced on the forums. I agree with 90% of what you said but again no one forced you to get your own server. So best of luck to you bud, hope the future looks better for ya

I don't have my own server. I was just strolling the forums when I saw that guys thread. Ended up with a 1 day suspension for participating.

MY guess is that you got in trouble for swearing so much and being aggressive.

I appreciate you pointing out the areas where I should I have cencored! Even those are not directed at any one person, and are similar to other posters in the thread. I dont know if anyone else was suspended, so at the moment all I know is that I alone was suspended.

Edited by YouSerious?

I followed that topic, and receive a ban for your language is just hilarious. Im pretty sure that no one got offended in any way. And the guy that was bitching about that accepted the termsetc etc was just sad.

And to The_Man, in that whole post i see 7 censored words, thats nothing, i mean when i talk to people 7 bad words can easily get in one sentence.

But the ban really feels unfair.

Edited by PhoenixDown
  • Like 1

Looks like you gave a moderator an emotional boo-boo. ;(

• Like 5

I was interested in setting up a server at a co-lo site but after seeing the grief here I decided it wasn't worth the $75/mo when I couldn't even ensure my buddies could play on it.

If I pay for a server I expect a slot on it for my friends and I, or kick obvious hackers without proof "beyond a reasonable doubt."

• Like 1

Looks like you gave a moderator an emotional boo-boo. ;(

Yea, and the funny thing is... The mod's tag is something along the lines of "The only thing I feel when I kill an unarmed survival is the recoil" kind of shows he doesn't give a F*@! so why was I banned for language that offends nobody and isn't directed at anyone? It's hilarious.

Must be something else, I've seen and made posts, with a lot of "language" in them before, there must be more to it . . . .

(as far as I know language is not an issue on here, it's common and no one seems to take any great offense to it as we all use it).

Are you Sure that the thread you had a suspension for is that one ?

• Like 1

Rage BeenZ!

U sir get my BeanZ for the Aliens Quote in your Sig... right on man

• Like 2

I've seen worse on these forums. Do you know how some police officers just give out tickets to make it seem like they are doing something? Well that happens on forums too. Now, I'm not saying what you said was okay but it explains why you were picked to be banned. That and the particular moderator may have seen you do it before. I'm sure you'll be welcomed back but just relax and remember its a forum. We all freak out (I do too) but no one will call you out if you relax and keep things coooooooool

• Like 1

U sir get my BeanZ for the Aliens Quote in your Sig... right on man

You Sir,

now own some Beenz for noticing I have the classic Alien quote in my sig :)

Kinda fits in DayZ ;)

Edited by uni-sol
  • Like 2

Tough luck. I don't really understand what you did so horribly wrong to get suspended... :huh:

• Like 1

Tough luck. I don't really understand what you did so horribly wrong to get suspended... :huh:

Me either, thanks man.

Christ, who cares. It's the internet. Get over it.

Can a guy not be curious as to what the suspension was for? You should care if it means the DayZ team will silence anybody with a counter opinion. I'm not saying that's where it's heading, and I don't think it is... but what was the suspension for if NOBODY thought what I said was offensive?

Well fuck me . . . lol

Perhaps I was "mistaken" . . . .

I thought the culture here was fairly "chanish" and as long as we don't directly "attack" someone we can use whatever language we like, and if they are being douches then even "attacks" will be tolerated to some point . . .

Is there an updated forum ruleset or something ?

• Like 1

Can a guy not be curious as to what the suspension was for? You should care if it means the DayZ team will silence anybody with a counter opinion. I'm not saying that's where it's heading, and I don't think it is... but what was the suspension for if NOBODY thought what I said was offensive?

Just about the thing not getting the reason for suspension. Maybe here should be a system that would force to give a reason for suspension that the suspended guy then can see in PM's or email or somewhere...

Or is there already one implemented?

• Like 1

Just about the thing not getting the reason for suspension. Maybe here should be a system that would force to give a reason for suspension that the suspended guy then can see in PM's or email or somewhere...

Or is there already one implemented?

It isn't implemented. The only thing it said was "Offensive Language" and I have no idea what I said that constituted as offensive to anyone... My occasional harsh word was never directed at another forum user.

Well fuck me . . . lol

Perhaps I was "mistaken" . . . .

I thought the culture here was fairly "chanish" and as long as we don't directly "attack" someone we can use whatever language we like, and if they are being douches then even "attacks" will be tolerated to some point . . .

Is there an updated forum ruleset or something ?

My guess is the mod/admin felt like it was adressed to him and thus offended.

Which would imply... certain things.

Either way, this ban was completly unreasonable and the moderator in question should be questioned about his reasons and motives.

• Like 1

It isn't implemented. The only thing it said was "Offensive Language" and I have no idea what I said that constituted as offensive to anyone... My occasional harsh word was never directed at another forum user.

Well that is quite short on details :P

Maybe they should accurately quote and highlight the parts that were classified as "Offensive Language". That would be a reasonable way to show what went wrong.

• Like 1

It may be that there are limited options in the suspend / ban actions "box". I know on my forums sometimes I ban users with reasons that don't match the "real" reason simply because I couldn't be assed adding more reasons to the drop down box :)

So it might be that you had the suspension for something in that thread and the "Offensive language" thing was the closest that the mod could get to it.

• Like 1