franck.rostain@gmail.com

WIRE abuse at barracks by griefers

I have just witnessed a new asshole exploit :

(I believe that shit could be done with sansbags too)

Go to barracks, clear first room then install a barbed wire kit on the lenght of the corridor.

you just prevented anyone else to entre the barracks

then loot the other rooms.

done looting? no problemo, log off, log in to another server, loot the baaracks there, eventually if you have another wire kit install one here too.

After 5 or ten minutes change back to your original server to see if the loot has respawned yest.

Repeat until you have the guns and hardware you want....

Solution ===> wire AND SANDBAGS should not be able to be installed inside the barracks

PS i have no pics as i witnessed the asshole spaning back in the barracks, killed him but was eaten by the zeds just after.

It was on server BRA3.

Regards.

NINJAMC

EDIT : Sorry I forgot to add ===> It wasn't possible to remove the wire (i had a toolbox) from the entrance i could not get into a position were a could get to activate the wire menu...

Your supposed to be able to block off people with wire. Thats the entire point. Or did you think placing wire was meant to look cool and your supposed to be able to phase through them. Get a kit and cut the wire.

Now on the server switching crap, that is a unfortunate issue.

As long as you have a toolbox you can remove the wire. Just aim at one of the poles and it should popup in the action menu.

BEWARE! It makes alot of noise when doing it so if the person is currently in the barracks he might hear you.

The wire is available to be removed, please look at the wooden stakes to remove them. You need to be a very close proximity

Sorry I forgot to add ===> It wasn't possible to remove the wire (i had a toolbox) from the entrance i could not get into a position were a could get to activate the wire menu...

Yeaaahhh, This needs to be fixed aswell as server jumping!

This is part of the use of barbed wire. The fix here needs to be on changing server, not barbed wire. I'm going to laugh when that change is done. The old "barbed wire people into a deer stand" will be both enervating and incredibly annoying.

I will move this to the suggestion section since you listed a couple of ways that you think will help prevent this.

Cheers.

The wooden posts being inaccessible is a bummer, but i'm glad we have fortification tools at all.

A lot of people didn't actually read this "Go to barracks, clear first room then install a barbed wire kit on the lenght of the corridor." The length is the whole hallway, from the door to the back. Meaning OP could not even aim on the posts. Since the posts where inside the building.

Edit: Also OP could not vault over it.

A lot of people didn't actually read this "Go to barracks' date=' clear first room then install a barbed wire kit on the lenght of the corridor." The length is the whole hallway, from the door to the back. Meaning OP could not even aim on the posts. Since the posts where inside the building.

Edit: Also OP could not vault over it.

[/quote']

This. Read people! He installed it lengthwise in a corridor so you can't access the post

Barbed wire needs to be removable from the entire bale, not just the post themselves. Tank traps don't suffer from this horrendous issue, where you can't access any of the posts because they are located inside the actual building's walls.

Well I for one am intrested in how they plan to address the server hopping... but for now ust make the wire/toolbox menu useable on the entire object and not just the posts.

I have died vaulting over barbed wire before so its not something that I am happy to do again.

Hmm.

Gonna be interesting when people start gathering 4 set of wires, then go to a spawn point, and enclose the area totally...

I understand the not being able to hop over or remove the barb wire. Which should be fixed.

But the part about changing servers, then doing this repeatedly to barracks on other servers. Slightly evades me.

For anytime i ever logged into a server, inside a building. No items would spawn or zombies in my immediate vicinity. Unless there was a player really really close by, already there. But if i ran a good distance, say 300-500m away. Then relogged into same server. All items would respawn.

Im pretty sure it is coded to be this way.

Yeah I have noticed wire being deployed in bottleneck areas. It is a potential exploit that needs resolving.

I suggest if you have wire, have wire cutters or something. In either case, as it stands there is the potential to completely block off certain structures in an exploitative rather than defensive manner.

remove server hoping and its back to defensive. i dont think we should be changing anything just because it makes it hard for someone else to get somewhere, as many have said, thats the point behind the wire.

Anyone can hop over wires, just walk and press V. Server hopping for loot needs to be fixed though, but I believe that was on the agenda already.

Personally I don't get why people need to use exploits and loopholes anyway. It's lame, only confirms that you suck at gaming and shows that you are egotistic and incapable of playing together with other players.

Anyone can hop over wires' date=' just walk and press V.[/quote']How on earth are you hopping over wires that were places in a low doorway, hiding the poles behind the doorposts?

Also, I can't even hop over wire out in the open, let alone inside buildings. My character just refuses to vault over.

I'm guessing the problem will be gone if the removal-hitbox gets fixed. It really needs to get fixed fast, though.

I understand the not being able to hop over or remove the barb wire. Which should be fixed.

But the part about changing servers' date=' then doing this repeatedly to barracks on other servers. Slightly evades me.

For anytime i ever logged into a server, inside a building. No items would spawn or zombies in my immediate vicinity. Unless there was a player really really close by, already there. But if i ran a good distance, say 300-500m away. Then relogged into same server. All items would respawn.

Im pretty sure it is coded to be this way.

[/quote']

THIS, idkl why noone mentioned it b4, cuz there is no way this can work. from my understanding nothign will spawn within 200 M of where you logged in unless there is atleast one other player within that radius.