BrickTamland

Character Classes

Everyone would sit on the coast and kill each other for the ammo, thus they would have ammo then they would kill everyone else. I think OP is just trolling now trying to start fights, or he's 10.

• Like 1

NO on leveling.

Maybe on classes. I'm not really convinced they're useful in this game, though.

• Like 1

Ok with my idea each occupation starts in a different area if you read it youd knwo already... only the civilian starts at shore and he starts with no guns... and killing someone for ammo woulndt be worth it cause by the time one of you was killed they would have no ammo or very little and the same would go for you... I'm just saying give us guns so bandits arent gods and give us guns so zombies wont kill us in 10 seconds... dear god this forum isnt helping me at all... what is with you people? I prefer not having a gun making me god... and I don't want it to just go back to the way it was cause its not like there are just civilians on this planet... there a soldiers and cop.... fire fighters and medics....

What if the doctor was a Marine Force Recon veteran? What if that Doctor can shoot ten times more accurately at longer ranges than a marine? What if that doctor spent plenty of his well earned cash purchasing firings and getting his shooting down to a science? What if a school teacher or a lawyer liked going hunting and they knew how to gut animals and to shoot? See, imposing rules and roles can break "roleplay" as well as how you perceive your character also. I still say no limitations that'll give you an advantage over other players.

What if the is a Doctor. Not a Corpsman. What if he can still shoot. Maybe a lawyer can still gut an animal. But he sure as heck can't do it as well as a hunter. A mechanic can repair a car better than a doctor. Period.

• Like 1

Op your classes remove much of the game play that exhists now, you wouldn't need to spend hours looting and exposing yourself to risk when you can just restart with a bunch of sweet loot, and whats to be feared from death if you respawn with all that gear?

Your suggestion would ruin the game.

ok for 1 non of my occupations start with food soo if you want to not search for food and water and die go ahead cause the rest of us will get food and stuff...

Everyone would sit on the coast and kill each other for the ammo, thus they would have ammo then they would kill everyone else. I think OP is just trolling now trying to start fights, or he's 10.

if they do that thats their choice cause they will need food eventually... and most of my occupation ideas dont start on the coast and the only 1 that does is the civilian so i just explained to you that you obviously didnt read shiz of what i posted...

lol got warz no need for dayz unless it becomes better... realism aint much lol... come to warz its the same but better... the differences are slim and only better, 1. you dont break bones when u crawl 2. they have fixed many things like 1 foot fall damage fail 3. clans clans clans so get ready for the vans... sorry rocket... but hey play both dont pick a side...

lol got warz no need for dayz unless it becomes better... realism aint much lol... come to warz its the same but better... the differences are slim and only better, 1. you dont break bones when u crawl 2. they have fixed many things like 1 foot fall damage fail 3. clans clans clans so get ready for the vans... sorry rocket... but hey play both dont pick a side...

I'm sorry, but how on earth is this relevant to a post about classes in dayz that was made in July?

I highly disagree with this suggestion, as I do not see DayZ as World of Warcraft. It's a REALISTIC survival game, in real life you don't have 'classes'. You have jobs, you have specialties. I would rather have skills, like cooking and so forth.

No classes... EVER. This is a sandbox game. Rules in games make things boring. Why can't we just do whatever we want? Why be confined by your class?

• Like 2

I think having character classes you select at the beginning would add a cool wrinkle to the game, and have an effect on the way people play, since each one is tailored to a specific playstyle. Here are my ideas:

Survivalist

The survivalist is a character decked out in flannel, jeans, and a hunting vest. Survivalists get bonuses to inventory space and crafting. They can craft better items, such as cooked meat that restores more blood.

Soldier

The soldier is a character wearing full combat gear. Soldiers get bonuses to firearms proficiency and vitality. They also have a "Soldier's Intution", which is basically the dots on the edge of the screen that are already in the game, just limited so that only soldiers can see them. This allows them to have a better sense of where potential threats may be coming from. They are also more accurate with guns and heal a lot more quickly. However, due to the weight of their gear, they move more slowly.

Athlete

The athlete is... well, they're athletes. Wearing light jackets and cargo shorts, athletes' hunger and thirst meters drain a lot more slowly, and they also are more proficient with melee weapons and can run faster.

Bureaucrat

The bureaucrat is a character in a torn-up shirt and jacket. Bureaucrats spawn higher quantities (not quality) of loot, and are balanced in all other areas.

Hopefully none of these sound too unrealistic or game-breaking.

Okay buddy. This is DayZ, a mod for ArmA 2, a first person shooter, war simulator, whatever you want to call it. A survival game. This is not a "class based" game like Call of Duty or WoW, so don't try to make it one.

• Like 3

I highly disagree with this suggestion, as I do not see DayZ as World of Warcraft. It's a REALISTIC survival game, in real life you don't have 'classes'. You have jobs, you have specialties. I would rather have skills, like cooking and so forth.

No classes... EVER. This is a sandbox game. Rules in games make things boring. Why can't we just do whatever we want? Why be confined by your class?

Okay buddy. This is DayZ, a mod for ArmA 2, a first person shooter, war simulator, whatever you want to call it. A survival game. This is not a "class based" game like Call of Duty or WoW, so don't try to make it one.

Guys, this post is from the end of July. The OP hasn't been active on these forums since August. There's not really any point replying to this, and it was only brought to the front page because someone randomly started praising The WarZ in this thread.

i would think of alot of rpgs before skyrim, it was a fun game but compared to morrowind and oblivion it was bad, and understandably so when its a pc game that was made for consoles then ported back to the platform it should have been made for in the first place

....wut....Oblivion was one of the worst ES games in alot of people opinions..

as i look back i dont really care what i said then... i was in fanboy faze getting all hyped up to play one or the other and thought i'd get dayz cause it came first but got warz instead, yadda yadda blah... but now that i think about it as long as the rarity of some things go down and you start with atleast the makarov ur good to go... maybe ill get the standalone dayz to go along with warz, which has failed for reasons i cant understand, no one really plays... from 100 some people on a server to 10 at most, its and fps with zombies whats too hate? no cars yet, but thats the only major diff between warz and dayz... dayz: zombie srvival sim warz: war inc with zombies and the need to go nom nom nom...

Don't revive old ass threads...

EDIT: Not to mention this has been discussed numerous times...

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

and this was brought to the front cause of me? EPIC LOLZ!... is dayz really that scared of warz popping up on their forums? probbly the dayz fans not the develpopers flipping out... BESIDES IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT, ALOT OF REALISM OR NO REALSIM... THEY BOTH HAVE THOSE!... WARZ HAS STAMINA AND DAYZ HAS WEIRD BUT FUNNY BREAKING LEGS AND DEATH! EITHER WAY U DIE IN BOTH! DIE MY FRIENDS DIE BY MY SIDE... and so this goes to the front page, WARZ IS DA BEST(its ok) I WOULD DIE WITHOUT IT(its not fun without people) BUY IT OR DIE(actually im not that loyal to it) have a merry christmas!?

Don't revive old ass threads...

EDIT: Not to mention this has been discussed numerous times...

letting things die isnt nice... let there be light! (i say as i shoot a flare gun in warz wich isnt as super epic as i had hoped... :(