Sign in to follow this  
WisdomSnork

Will there be enough ammo once infinite ammo is gone?

Could just get rid of tents, I mean it's not like they're a nessecity. Vehicles do a great job of storing the little supplies that we're supposed to have. In all honesty, tents cheapen the survival because they encourage hoarding, which implies there's enough stuff to be hoarded, which then it's not very survival like is it? If a group of survivors find a vehicle, then sure it would be awesome to store stuff in it.

So someone link me to where the discussion about ammo becoming rare is? I want to add "and guns too, plus a server wipe"

Edited by Virfortis

Solo players will run out of the ammo but that's about it. Clans have lots of supplies and can sweep through military spawn points in groups.

http://dayzmod.com/f..._60#entry501289

Boom, rocket says fixing duping is impossible due to the Arma 2 engine.

Gently fondle my undercarriage; cause I don't make up quotes. :P

Given that, I think he should calm down IN THIS MOD with making things too rare or hard to find. I'd rather not have to compete with or be fed beans by dupers.

Edited by WisdomSnork

Hopefully there's moments where you don't have "enough" ammo...with some of the better weapons, their ammo should be insanely precious. You should have to consider each shot before going through with it, simple as that.

When ammo is scarse people dont shoot as easily think about it. This would happen in the real world too. The DayZ apocolypse has just begun and since it just started there was plenty ammo, now that time has passed less is left to go around. You would have to prepare for shortages of all kinds in real life because things dont always respawn forever. The same should be done with canned drink and food, over time these would exist less and less and hunting would become more emportant

• Like 1

With the animations and hit registration so jerky, you MUST fire more than one shot to even know if you hit the damn thing. Doesn't seem proper to make ammo overly rare if you can't accurately record a successful hit before you're compelled to fire another shot for safety.

When ammo is scarse people dont shoot as easily think about it. This would happen in the real world too. The DayZ apocolypse has just begun and since it just started there was plenty ammo, now that time has passed less is left to go around. You would have to prepare for shortages of all kinds in real life because things dont always respawn forever. The same should be done with canned drink and food, over time these would exist less and less and hunting would become more emportant

Or we could all just log in dead and make it a super duper realistic apocalypse.

I feel as though ammo should still be a lot rarer than it is now. 1 M4/M16 mag should be gold in an apocalypse situation

This. Please.

• Like 1

A thing to point out though, DayZ has endless amounts of supplies. No matter how rare that M107 Mag is, there will ALWAYS be more respawning. There will always be Pasta spawning, it's an unlimited resource. All you have to do is look for it. Knowing that, I eat as much as I can as soon as I find food. I'm not scared to sacrifice my food for ammo, or vice versa because more are just gonna spawn & I KNOW that.

I dunno, my m249 200 mags seem to last a long time for me, one mag kills about 85 zombies.

Reloading ammo would be possible in an apocalypse as well. Gunpowder isn't that hard to make and the ingredients aren't exactly rare. People trying to argue realism should consider all of it instead of just the bits that support their argument. ;)

Edited by random51

You can dupe solo. Just find a dead body, drop your item/gun/whatever and log out instantly. Relog, and hope you find the item on the body and the item in your inventory. I've never had this happen to me before, but recently it happened as I lost connection. The server rolls you back, lost a GPS this way.

Edited by Yeni

Reloading ammo would be possible in an apocalypse as well. Gunpowder isn't that hard to make and the ingredients are exactly rare. People trying to argue realism should consider all of it instead of just the bits that support their argument. ;)

Do you know how to manufacture a perfect bullet to fit your M4? Even if you keep the case and make your own Cordite (the gunpowder used in modern assault rifles) you still cant make the exact bullet the size you need to properly operate the weapon.

• Like 1

Reloading ammo would be possible in an apocalypse as well. Gunpowder isn't that hard to make and the ingredients aren't exactly rare. People trying to argue realism should consider all of it instead of just the bits that support their argument. ;)

Okay, if you could manufacture ammunition in the game, I would say you're right. But you can't, it just appears everywhere.

One can never have enough ammo....Nuff said.

I never use the infinite ammo glitch (it probably happened by accident of course, but that wasn't on purpose) and I don't have any issue with ammo.

Ammo is really easy to find, especially for AKs, AKMs, Stanags, .45s, DMR etc...

Till then, above ignored

Seems it's been ignored till much after then. God damn my stunning good looks, charm and relentless manner of being right.

my fear is a finite of ammo on the server will spike the PKing even more.. esp. against noobs who might have found a few mags but no gun to use it on..

gunna make the life of a new player to the game even harder then it is.. and lets face it its a pretty bug hurdle already.

not sure what the answer to this is, guess we'll see soon enuf.

Do you know how to manufacture a perfect bullet to fit your M4? Even if you keep the case and make your own Cordite (the gunpowder used in modern assault rifles) you still cant make the exact bullet the size you need to properly operate the weapon.

Either im reading this all wrong which is possible or you have NEVER reloaded in your life....Jesus how did man make ammo in the first place...BY HAND.

-False....unless your really trying to prove a point like... No NBA basket ball is the same....even though they are..Sure the riblets, pores wont be the same but it still falls under the regulations and fits in the same basket.

-True...I reload and yes you can cast your own bullets for an AR and shoot them too with little to no skill. Been doing since I was a Boy Scout's and thats almost 20years ago....Its called jacketing your cast rounds. Neat trick for a reloader use .22LR shells and you can jacket your .223 rounds and others.

P.S. Point me to one manufacture who can make the "PERFECT BULLET" that in its self if a redundant comment. Ive got a box of Remington .308 at my desk and they are all different in size but im useing a digital calibration gage so we are talking about a pointless difference. That and the only time when one would even attempt a "perfect bullet" is the Marine Corp armory pushing out custom "sniper" rounds.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 2

<snip>

Came here to say this. It's amazing how little people know about firearms but think they know a lot because they played video games.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll definately run out of ammo once my half-empty mag refuse to reload on reconnect

*looks at pile of 70+ STANAG mags in his camp*

Nevermind...

If you run out of ammo you can still retreat from hotspots and just go and loot deerstands, they will have ammo that fits your gun eventually - unless you use rare ammo weapons like the Bizon

IMO people overexaggerate this upcoming update, it won't change PvP in any way

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

Seems it's been ignored till much after then. God damn my stunning good looks, charm and relentless manner of being right.

you seem to be a tad ...gay

he never said the engine was inflexible so you misquoted him. weird...gay..guy