Sign in to follow this  
WisdomSnork

Will there be enough ammo once infinite ammo is gone?

Tough enough always looking for food and water... once infinite ammo is gone will I still be able to find enough stanag to not have to throw my gun away?

The hope is that you wont. The game will no longer be about finding the best gear in the game and keeping it forever (unless you have a large group of course). It will be about changing through any equipment you can find to survive.

• Like 3

Hopefully...

Would be a lot better tho IMO

People actually have to go out and get more mags for themselves.

Honestly if you look hard enough, you will find ammo for any gun, this will make people save their ammo and not waste it like everyone does now.

All them campers will run out of ammo, they camp now because they never run out, we will see less campers because of this and it's good.

Thats the great thing about it. You will have to think if you want to shoot cause of your ammo.

Ammo get much more important.

I hope people do have to throw their guns away occasionally. If you have to fall back on a Winchester because you run out of STANAG ammo, that will be pretty damn cool, no?

It means you will have to weigh your priorities and think about how you spend your ammo and when and how often you farm up more of it.

These are the kinds of survival-based decisions we should be making on a daily basis. Not just where to go to fire off our next 1,000 rounds of magical infinite ammo, but what to do to ensure we have the proper tools to just stay alive another day.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 3

I feel as though ammo should still be a lot rarer than it is now. 1 M4/M16 mag should be gold in an apocalypse situation

• Like 2

If you don't play the game like a zombie shooting gallery, then mostly yes. Some weapons have some very choice ammunition, and those will be tough to justify hanging on to.

Okay, i'm all for this game being hard, but if I can't hold onto my L85a2 for as long as I'm alive, I quit :P

Luckily it's stanag and I've found so much ammo for that I've had to throw some away

Edited by WisdomSnork

Okay, i'm all for this game being hard, but if I can't hold onto my L85a2 for as long as I'm alive, I quit :P

Luckily it's stanag and I've found so much ammo for that I've had to throw some away

Bye, thank you for playing Dayz...

• Like 1

You don't need ammo to use the scope. ;)

I hope people do have to throw their guns away occasionally. If you have to fall back on a Winchester because you run out of STANAG ammo, that will be pretty damn cool, no?

It means you will have to weigh your priorities and think about how you spend your ammo and when and how often you farm up more of it.

These are the kinds of survival-based decisions we should be making on a daily basis. Not just where to go to fire off our next 1,000 rounds of magical infinite ammo, but what to do to ensure we have the proper tools to just stay alive another day.

In line with what's said there, I want to have to make the decision to hold onto an empty gun in hopes of finding more ammo vs dropping a favored weapon for one that has rounds. I would love to see the ammo fixed. I remember the patch that made food and water really scarce, and it was great, even though it was a bug. Being afraid of dying from not having something makes this game intense and enjoyable. It makes you appreciate what you have.

Ahh... no replenishing mags anymore... That I've been waiting for so long. Now the 15 AK mags I carry in my backpack are finally useful!

Just remember that zombies spawn fast and they are infinite, so should be the ammunition.

Edited by Shaimou

Haha well duping will still work and rocket said it's unfixable, plus, it's casually unavoidable ;]

Infinite ammo for all tent owners ;]

And as I said previously, STANAG ammo drops everywhere where ammo drops frequently enough.

Now if they fix the hit registration so I don't need to waste two or three bullets on a one shot headshot, I'll be set for that l85a2 for life :P

Edited by WisdomSnork

Haha well duping will still works and rocket said it's unfixable, plus, it's casually unavoidable ;]

Infinite ammo for all tent owners ;]

The only problem for that, duping gets you banned.

Honestly, I encounter heaps of ammo - but rarely any weapons by comparison. And if i get a weapon i will pass heaps and heaps of unrelated ammo, ending up running out of said weapon's ammo, then will find a new weapon the ammo for which i passed ages ago.

it is too hard for the honest mucker tbh, with struggling to get the freaking matches, water, food, not get raped by zeds or sniped - all without a vehicle. i had my first vehicle today for a few hours. it was laughably different to my experience thus far. i ran over, purposefully and accidently, over 60 zeds. The zeds cant damage the bus or me. I tooled up from one end of the map to the other. Made me think.. this game is a totally different experience for the clan guys..not to mention the hackers. with their tents and vehicles on the one hand and spawning any weapon on the other. and you wanna roll back the ammo for legit cunts struggling on the coast?

yea, make that shit harder again, increase the have/have not rate.

Edited by Clatterbridge

The only problem for that, duping gets you banned.

Then everyone who owns a tent gets banned as it happens merely by the saving of items to a tent and then removing them. Or will they ban every single tent user?

Duping is by and large not intentional, most people I know simply discovered that the items they had removed had respawned the next day. WoW can't even ban the speed hackers I doubt rocket is going to ban everyone who ever used a tent.

Edited by WisdomSnork

Then everyone who owns a tent gets banned as it happens merely by the saving of items to a tent and then removing them. Or will they ban every single tent user?

Honestly I do not see how rocket is unable to fix it....

• Like 1

He said he can't, IIRC, something to do with the inflexibility of the Arma 2 engine.

I'll try to find the link.

I agree with Zed. Right now it just doesn't feel like much of a threat when you can find so much ammo so easily. I'd rather run into issues where I either have to be extremely selective in where and when I shoot, or I run out of ammo defending the barn I'm hiding in, and have to resort to getting out alive with the hatchet.

He said he can't, IIRC, something to do with the inflexibility of the Arma 2 engine.

I'll try to find the link.

Till then, above ignored

I always carry two primary weapons on me all the time, one for legit combat against zombies and players and another quieter gun for sneaking. I currently have a AKM with 3 mags and a Mp5 with 2 mags.

Honestly, I don't worry about ammo because I rarely use it, I always sneak and I have only unloaded 5 rounds that was directed toward another player in the exterior firehouse in elektro who I saw kill 2 people running by. Snuck up on the building and shot him through the glass in the tower, poor scared monkey ran off while my friend watched him from the hillside.

alright but you can gently fondle my undercarriage when I post the link :P Or vice versa if I don't, if you like.

you can still instantly (no tent needed, works on the spot) dupe stuff, that patch changes nothing