Sign in to follow this  
Siickest

DayZ - ArmA 2 OA Bad Serial number given in setup ????

When i start DayZ with Six Launcher the start up is just fine. It comes to the DayZ text pops up and after 2-5 second the game get closed down and i have this error

ArmA 2 OA Bad Serial number given in setup

What is this?!!

EDIT: It worked just fine the first time i launched DayZ.. I could find the server but i coulden't join them.. So i restarted the DayZ and got this problem -.-'

Edited by Siickest

i have this same problem -_- SOMEONE GIVE US AN ANSWER PLOX

Hey ;) I know the problem or not relly but i fixed this. When i started the game With SIx Launcher or Worrom's Updater i got this message that i wrote in the first post. When i started it with Steam i got it to work but i could not join any server because of addon missing.. So i did these steps below to make it work for me.

Worked For Me

1. Remove @DayZ Folder in ArmA II AO

2. Run Six Launcher

3. Choose Install on Six Launcher

4. Open Steam and go to propeties and startoption and paste in " -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash "

5. Start DayZ with Six Launcher or with Steam.

I hope it works for you aswell as it did for me. Thanks for none support, but i guess no one ever solved this ..

• Like 1

If your using the steam version I have fixed this for myself and friends by doing this:

1. Close Steam

2. Open Steam as administrator (right-click shortcut/exe run as admin)

3. Verify the file integrity of both Arma2 and Arma2:OA

4. Run both Arma2 and Arma2:OA once

5. Verify with Six Launcher and play

To verify the file integrity in steam:

1. Right-click the game in your steam library

2. Click "properties"

3. Go to the "local files" tab

4. Click "verify integrity of game cache..." and let it run

Hello!

The solutions given above will not work if you're on steam.

You just have to reinstall BattlEye.

Make right click on arma 2 OA and choose "Re-install BattlEye". Do the same for ArmA 2. Normally everything should get sorted.

Hoping that it works!

Edited by Splinter57270

Hello!

The solutions given above will not work if you're on steam.

You just have to reinstall BattlEye.

Make right click on arma 2 OA and choose "Re-install BattlEye". Do the same for ArmA 2. Normally everything should get sorted.

Hoping that it works!

!!Missing String is what it tells me when I try to reinstall....I'm about to just throw away this game because of all the fucking errors I've seen in this disgrace of a game. I love the DayZ mod but for fuck sake, I've seen more errors trying to get this game to work than I've ever seen in my whole life of using computers. First I got stuck at loading screen, now I can't even launch Arma 2 OA or do anything associated with it without getting an error.

I had the same problem, but I fixed mine by starting up Operation Arrowhead (no mods running), going under extensions, and selecting DayZ and @DayZ. Now it works. :D

Well, I don't know what happened to InvokerFTW, but this fixes what started the thread.

Edited by AcroII

I cant launch arma 2 oa because of bad serial. Running as admin does not work, nor does verifying thr integrity of either games cache.

I too had this problem since I try to start playing this game, it's been 3 weeks now and I still can't start playing Dayz. I tried reinstalling it for 3 times now and still no game <_<

Ya i have the same problem and nothing people say is working. I even bought a new copy of the game and it still doesn't work.

you have to run original games (arma 2, oa in this order) BEFORE playing any mods at least once (suffice to get into menu) ,

ok i played dayz for 2 days and all of a sudden today i cant play why? ive tried evrything here and alot more things still cant so im depressed i cant play and wasted my money ARGH?!!!!!

i cant even get to menu screen in arma 2 oa