Spintown

Auto-Blood Regen when you are green on food and water?

Ok, so one of the main issues i have with dayz is the fact that im always low on blood and never have someone around to give me a blood transfusion, especially when i have really good loot, and it frustrating knowing that this game is trying to be some what realistic, yet you don't automatically regenerate blood when on full food and water, even though thats what your body does naturally (in real life)

So all im asking is to place blood regen in the game when your on full food and water, since you loose blood when on low food/water, it only seems fair,nothing too big to brake the game offcourse but something small like 1 blood/sec would be great!

Please if anyone agrees show your support by following this topic and commenting and fell free to improve on my idea!

Hopefully we will get enough support so the devs will take notice!

Thank you xD

Edited by Spintown
  • Like 4

+1 like this idea

Blood regeneration is realistic instead of instant healing. It's obvious.

Edited by Clasius
  • Like 1

How about thirst and hunger has separate effects?

Green thirst and Green hunger at around 75% and higher will regenerate 1 blood per second.

100% thirst and hunger will regenerate 3 blood per second.

Thirst under 50% will see a small drop in movement speed.

Hunger lower than 50% will see a small drop in accuracy and more sway in aiming, as you are more tired and can't aim well.

Then remove the 'blood gain from food', and instead allow them to give you 'fullness' buff that increases the blood regen per second based on the food eaten.

You can stack the effects from the food, at a cost of less food in general.

If you have 100% fullness in hunger, you'll regenerate at 3 blood per second, or 90 blood per minute.

If you had eaten anything in the last moment, you can stack up to 6 blood per second or 180 blood per minute regen.

Canned food stacks a +1 on the regen.

Cooked meat stacks a +3 on the regen, meaning eating one cooked meat not only fill you up fully, but boosts your regen.

Making food and drink fill you up at smaller increments would work to balance this out, so you need to consume more over time.

Water = +50% thirst

Soda = +40% thirst

Canned food = +40% hunger

Cooked meat = 100% hunger.

Blood transfusion is still quite important, as you lose the ability to regain blood via food but falls back on regeneration for that.

Getting a status effect will pause the regen until you are healed.

Edited by dra6o0n

Think about it how many canned food would you need to get your blood to a resonable level? It only gives you 200 blood, thats nothing, a few hits from a zombie and your down 500 blood, not to mention the fact you start to bleed almost instantly, thats what another 2000 blood gone before you can bandage our self? Also, finding something to kill for meat is very rare, not to mention the fact you need a hunting knife to obtain the meat, an axe to obtain wood and a box of matches to get the whole thing going, its just an unreliable sources of blood

Nice idea, but if you want to stay "real" you will regenerate 0.8% of your blood per day (96 bloodpoints). I think you will die or find a bloodpack before you have full bloodpoints again.

Suggested for the 6000th time.

Try using search instead, you might find all of THESE (type in Blood regen, or anything at all remotely related)

~Sol

Edited by Sol

I'm not a doctor or anything; but as far as I remember from school, you'll need water and food to create blood (or at least your body does). So every time you'll eat or drink, your blood level will increase (over time).

So actually, instead of regenerating your blood level to max by simply eating or drinking, it should slowly regenerate to the level the consumable can give you.

Example:

- a can of beans gives you 200 blood

- the generation time is 10 blood per second

- eating a can of beans will give you 200 blood over 20 seconds (not instantly!)

Example 2:

- a single cooked meated gives you 800 blood

- the regen time is still 10 blood per second

- the items will stack the amount of blood

- you eat 2 cooked meat (total of 1600 blood)

- this will take 160 seconds before you gained all the blood you've "ate".

This is far more realistic, but the current method (no regen) is a good alternative.

No. Would be trivial to keep your health up. Go hunting. One cow is easily half health recovered.

Thats why im saying something small -.-

1+ for me, I would love to get out of the 8500k blood region easier without having to phone-a-friend or waste my food.

I think even a minimal amount as.. lets say.. +5bps (blood per second)? So people can regen, but won't abuse this during combat.

Bad idea. I like the current system. With what your proposing, 1 tin o beans, a pepsi and an hour of sitting in a bush would get you back to full health. This completely removes the "survival" aspect of the game, you need to get out there and hunt something down if you want to survive, which is far more enjoyable than hiding while waiting on your shields to rech-, errr, I mean health to regenerate.

Finding an animal for meat is easy if you know where to look, which is practically anywhere that isnt a city. There is a ton of farmland and open fields in Chernarus and boars are everywhere in the woods.

Early on, before you have all the tools to cook your own food, you should be staying out of major trouble and being sneaky, so that beans are enough to keep you on your feet. I went hatchet-happy and killed 50 zeds before I got another weapon worth using and got by on sweet zombie beans.

• Like 1

Too bad if you can't find a friend to give you a blood transfusion, go hunting.

I'd hate to see something like this in Day Z.

I think this is a good idea but would be best kept simple. Something like say half the instant-regen amount (tin = 100, meat = 400) and have something like 5 blood recovered per second while your thirst and hunger are both above 50%.

Eating 5 steaks when you aren't hungry then being magically healed is a bit strange. xD

Edited by mZLY

Too bad if you can't find a friend to give you a blood transfusion, go hunting.

I'd hate to see something like this in Day Z.

It's realistic that your body would slowly regenerate blood.

I'd hate to see alien laser beam heat seeking missile UFO bombardment fleet of death in DayZ... personally.

~Sol

I agree you should regen blood (although it should be slow). To off set any balance issues they need to introduce an injury system, for example if you hurt your leg you walk/run slower and make more noise doing it. The injuries could be healed instantly with the right drugs or alternately would take a very long time to heal if just left.

• Like 1

I agree you should regen blood (although it should be slow). To off set any balance issues they need to introduce an injury system, for example if you hurt your leg you walk/run slower and make more noise doing it. The injuries could be healed instantly with the right drugs or alternately would take a very long time to heal if just left.

This. All of it.

Things like broken legs should heal by themselves too, but over a LONG TIME. Not like real life, because who wants to wait 6 months to walk right again... but maybe a few hours or even a day to heal by itself... I mean, if morphine can "heal" you instantly (which is hilarious, by the way) then I don't see why we can't have a delayed auto-heal system for people all the way up north who don't HAVE morphine, because they broke their legs thanks to the server restarting suddenly without warning, while they were driving their car. After logging back in my legs insantly broke since I was slipped half way inside of the vehicle.

~Sol