Sign in to follow this  
EduardBezer

About Alt+F4

The game is really need some BIG punishment for those who press Alt F4.

So big that players think TWICE before do that.

Why?

Because its all about survival, and if costs is high - and you may be shot by some one - you start THINKING.

Not that sh...t right now - any problem - alt f4.

Its may be 1 hour coma, or... Respawn on shore with NOTHING.

Got it?

Simple, just make it a insta kill shortcut.

I'm sure they can figure out how to detect it. They won't be doing it if it is just going to kill them.

• Like 1

agreed man, i think that logout should have a time like 10 sec countdown before you get out, and same for when you alt-f4 your characters stays in the game for AT LEAST 10 sec, making people have to log out in safe places and stuff... the alt-f4ing is like a fassion now. every single elektro/ghillie suited snipers always insta alt-f4 as soon they get shot at.. redicilous.

That's a good idea. There should be a way to detect when a player leaves the game and when he mashes Alt-F4.

Also, for the guy before me, please read up a bit. The logout timer was tried in an earlier patch, but it DOES NOT WORK with the ArmA 2 engine. Stop suggesting it already.

Edited by Zoop

So rocket says openly he is working on a system to do this.... and you suggest it again.

Surely you jest, sir.

Edited by Riemer
  • Like 1

I like the one-hour coma idea haha. Is there actually any legitimate use to Alt-F4 in this game? Like, to close the program when you're done?

Well screw you!

I have been playing this game for a two days, i been constantly killed with nothing in my bag except for two bandages. Been saying i was friendly and not armed but no ,they thought i need another hole in my head just because it is fun to kill somebody's character.

I have not yet found some serious gear ,but when i do and being shot on sight you bet your ass that i will be presing alt+F4.

Well screw you!

I have been playing this game for a two days, i been constantly killed with nothing in my bag except for two bandages. Been saying i was friendly and not armed but no ,they thought i need another hole in my head just because it is fun to kill somebody's character.

I have not yet found some serious gear ,but when i do and being shot on sight you bet your ass that i will be presing alt+F4.

People are your enemies. Trust no one. Sneak everywhere. Then you will live longer. Either that or log on with a friend irl. Also, there are friendly players out there -- me, for example. If I meet someone, I don't shoot unless I have to because I feel threatened or whatever. Instead, I engage the person in DC to see if we can work together or something. It has mostly worked for me so far.

Alt-F4 = cheating = lame.

Edited by abxt

I DUN READ FORUM. I MAEK THRED. GG!

ProTip: Read at least the first few suggestions on page 1. You will find 50% of them are this already. Thank you for contributing to the already bullshit amount of shit threads repeating the same shit.

~Sol

Well screw you!

Maybe if people like you didn't get so angry others wouldn't shoot them so much?

Only legitimate use I had for Alt+F4 is to quick disconnect when either a server Admin abuses their powers or a hacker tries cornering me/teleports or worse still... turn me into a goat <-- yes that has happened.

In which case I think its only fair to be able to bail out of a server when you are being abused by players/admins not following the game rules and the lose of Alt+F4 is annoying for legit players only trying to protect their profile against idiots.

Yeah I know some of you are hardcore no excuse types.. but when you have limited time to play and you spend weeks building up a good supply and are doing well.. Alt+F4 use to be a life safer when encountering the odd idiot who wasn't playing fairly 9hackers/rogue admins).. that has now been lost and has now favoured them even more.. we can't get away and they have easier targets.

>.<

Think the only fair way is to log players disconnects in relation to whether they have just agro'd zombies (and still alive) or within a set distance of another player who fired a weapon in their direction and if they do it too many times.. ban the account for a set time period. This will allow for rare occasions to need to quick disconnect when being targeted by rogue players/admin.

Another point.. losing consciousness on re logging back in would not be a worthy punishment for these wimps who quick disconnect for no good reason.. they could just as easily re-log into an empty or friendly server and wait it out. (annoying for them but not really a punishment)

Sorry first post and went all Rambo on the keyboard :-P

The game is really need some BIG punishment for those who press Alt F4.

So big that players think TWICE before do that.

Why?

Because its all about survival, and if costs is high - and you may be shot by some one - you start THINKING.

Not that sh...t right now - any problem - alt f4.

Its may be 1 hour coma, or... Respawn on shore with NOTHING.

Got it?

Searching first, would be uber great... THere are a ton of threads on this topic as is, and as you can notice by the transcript, it was mentioned by rocket himself as well

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52509-hall-rocket-deans-answers-on-suggestions/

There are literally games with no ALT + F4 functionality. Don't believe me go buy Dungeon Defenders install it and press ALT + F4. Nothing Happens. You can in fact disable the key pres the issue is that is within the games main mechanic ARMA II doesn't have that function so as far as I know DayZ can't just throw it in. Now The teams appear to love eachother so maybe ARMA II will add it in a patch, who knows? A problem arises from this though, if I take away ALT + F4 capability then people will just ALT + TAB and Task Manager the game off, if you punish based on this then what happens if a Battle Eye ping kick doesn't read right or this Alpha version mod crashes or your power goes out? Then people would QQ over that. An honest suggestion is to let the people working on this game fix actual problems and issues while the mod is in alpha.

Listen I hate lining up a shot hitting the dome piece watching the body fall and then disappear. I hate people who spawn beside me with M240's more. Most of all I hate zombies running through walls or blinking out of existence through me as I swat them with a hatchet for a silent kill. Oh I remember I also hate not being able to take down wire fencing reliably. Oh a recent one is not being able to loot Balota airfield or tent base for all the artifacting.

I'd personally rather work DOWN the list from most annoying and stop trying to play CoD for kills on an alpha survival mod.