Sign in to follow this  
Wolfcock

Great game, but....

Hello, I've recently bought ARMA 2: CO, installed them, installed DayZ, and got it nicely working....

I've been going around gathering stuff, recently found a compass, and stole a gun from an AFK standing member, but I find it very ridicolous that it's harder to find a map than it is to find weapons.... Is that just me or does anyone else think this too?

if you cant find an in game map, print one from the internet, quite a few out there. and also you might just be unlucky, because maps are easy to find in ex. Stores, corner bars, civilian houses. just keep looking, dont expect everything you specificly want come jumping at you.

Edited by Tatakt

The only thing I expect that will come jumping at me, is Zombies... LOL! :)

What you really have to be concerned about is braindead morons killing everyone on sight, i even stopped playing because of that!

Beatifull mod ,braindead players(not zombies), shame it is going to die just because of the amount of asshatery going on.

As others have said, digital out of game maps and printed out of game maps are a good solution, and are sometimes more helpful since they often show gear and vehicle spawns as well. I understand where you are coming from though... it feels more right to find it in game and remain immersed. My suggestions are to check high value civilian loot spawns. Supermarkets and apartement buildings have netted me quite a few maps. Make sure you check the green pouches, even though they look like makarov mags :)

Pffff, dude found a compass(!), stole a gun from an AFK guy(!) and complains that he can't find a map...

Not sure if just trolling or massively ungrateful.