Biggus (DayZ)

I have matches, I have a jerry can.

Any chance of being able to make the two interact somehow? Something like an arsonist's equivalent of a satchel charge. Create an interaction with the jerry can, so that you place it in a certain spot, walk a distance away from it (limited, of course, none of that Die Hard 2 ending stuff necessarily), and use the matches to light it up, as if you've left a trail of fuel, perhaps?

Just an idea.

• Like 2

... pyromaniacs on the run!

Honestly, I thought about that myself yesterday :)

• Like 1

That would be insane. Torching buildings in the middle of the night to distract zombies while going in for some loot on the other end of town.

thumbs up anytrhing to make this mod more awesome!

just put it down walk away and shoot it, or sit next to it and beat it with an axe ...not sure if it does damage but its enough to scare people

Matches + Jerry Can + Flamable Liquid = Molotov Cocktails.

yeah youd need to put the flammable liquid into empty whisky bottles to make molotovs, what you just described is an low grade incendry bomb

Man that is part of the standalone experience, having a responsive world (like realistic fire?)

Matches + Jerry Can + Flamable Liquid = Molotov Cocktails.

Make it happen.

I think the equation is more likely to be Matches + Jerry Can (full of course) + Empty Whiskey Bottle = Molotov Cocktails. But I like it.

I think the equation is more likely to be Matches + Jerry Can (full of course) + Empty Whiskey Bottle = Molotov Cocktails. But I like it.

Whatever gets the job done.

oh god, i can just imagine all the flaming zombies everywhere, lighting people on fire...

and i guess this might give water bottles an advantage over soda; dousing flames if you're on fire.

This.. Is awesome! I can't see what's bad about it. Sure, you might make a big target for yourself or wherever the fire is, but so is shooting a gun. Risk vs reward.

Any chance of being able to make the two interact somehow? Something like an arsonist's equivalent of a satchel charge. Create an interaction with the jerry can, so that you place it in a certain spot, walk a distance away from it (limited, of course, none of that Die Hard 2 ending stuff necessarily), and use the matches to light it up, as if you've left a trail of fuel, perhaps?

Just an idea.

You also have a search button, someone already suggested it before, i remember seeing it few weeks back ;)

You are watching to many hollywood movies....fuel tanks including jerry cans dont exlode like that.

Ah, did a search, but must have used some really crappy terms. Apologies.

You are watching to many hollywood movies....fuel tanks including jerry cans dont exlode like that.

Not suggesting that they should explode, but rather burn everything around them within a short radius. I'm just thinking of what is within the realms of achievable within the current engine.

you can ignite them ingame with anything that damages them including tin cans

but yeah in reality a 1/2 full jerry can is a lot more likley to go bang then a full one

and i guess this might give water bottles an advantage over soda; dousing flames if you're on fire.

You're on fire, with no ocean or lake in the vicinity. The only liquid you have on you is a Mountain Dew. What do you do?

You're on fire, with no ocean or lake in the vicinity. The only liquid you have on you is a Mountain Dew. What do you do?

Drink it - the fire BECOMES IMMATERIAL!

You're on fire, with no ocean or lake in the vicinity. The only liquid you have on you is a Mountain Dew. What do you Dew?

Fixed.

Yes! I definitely like this idea. Perhaps jerry can + empty whisky bottle = molotov cocktail, which you require matches to operate/throw. Holed up in an apartment building with bandits climbing the stairs? No problem. Chuck one of these handy incendiary devices down and watch those fuckers burn.

Also, broken down cars should contain a lootable battery, which when combined with a jerry can + watch could create a bomb with adjustable timing. Perhaps the best way to provide a distraction while you slip past that sniper who's camping Stary?

• Like 1