Sign in to follow this  
chaossound

To whoever took the chopper on 1145

Well played. I spent all day running around stalisky repairing it with parts from the 3 small industrials. I come back half an hour later from taking a food break my friends on his way with a rotor assembly I go to the chopper to check for the jerry can I knew was in it to use the boat I found to pick him up and it's gone so not thinking since nobody has come all day I figure the server ate it so I go check the small industrials for a jerry can I get there nothing check the boathouse nothing...then I hear the chopper spin up turn around and watch it fly off. Well played sir.

• Like 7

Glad your taking it so well, wouldnt be dayZ without stuff like this happening.

We spent all evening repairing a chopper getting it going flying it around some. Then i go afk for 10minutes come back and my mates crashed it in the middle of some woods. Everytime we kill it, it just comes back there its stuck there forever :)

Did they yell "yoink!" over direct comm?

I dont know I was a good 500 or so meters away....I have now after logging in to find my dirtbike gone, and dying at the nw airfield and running from electro up the coast I decide to hit stalisky out of curiosity since I didnt have anything of value find the chopper and spend a good 8 or more hours working on it to watch it fly off. I have no desire to play this game for a while...

FANTASTIC!!!

And good sport coming on here to "touche" the guy.

I hope to steal my own chopper some day. I just hope it isn't some admin's chopper and the boot everyone to get it back. LOL

Kudos for attempting to repair it with just the two of you.

actually it was just me. my buddy logged in about maybe an hour ago told him I found it said he'de scrounge for the last couple parts I needed.

As long as you don't rage it's fine. Sucks though to lose a heli...but I think anyone who knows how to get 'er going would hop in and try to take off if the opportunity arose.

As long as you don't rage it's fine. Sucks though to lose a heli...but I think anyone who knows how to get 'er going would hop in and try to take off if the opportunity arose.

I dont think i can rage about it right now i think im still in shock...I spent literally a whole day by myself getting it more or less up and running to be on the way with the last part to watch it fly off...it just hurts...

sucks, dude, but what did you expect? we never repair anything without at least one person hidden with eyes on it at all times (unless the vehicle is already hidden somewhere). i understand you were by yourself, but you should have expected that to happen and been prepared for the consequences..

actually it was just me. my buddy logged in about maybe an hour ago told him I found it said he'de scrounge for the last couple parts I needed.

If I could give you more beans I would. You are a trooper. We need more people on Dayz like you.

I dont think i can rage about it right now i think im still in shock...I spent literally a whole day by myself getting it more or less up and running to be on the way with the last part to watch it fly off...it just hurts...

Your pain is everyone else's pleasure. Although we all feel bad for your loss, we can't help but giggle at the same time.

-MONSTER

sucks, dude, but what did you expect? we never repair anything without at least one person hidden with eyes on it at all times (unless the vehicle is already hidden somewhere). i understand you were by yourself, but you should have expected that to happen and been prepared for the consequences..

Stalisky island is pretty hidden. how many times do you hear someone saying "im going to stalisky island" they don't because it's hard to get to....I had to swim there with nothing. and find the tools I needed to survive on the island.I was literally on the island for over 8 hours without seeing ANYONE.

also @ monster. thank you that actually put a bit of a smile on my face.

I think tomorrow i'll head back to my camp, grab my spare set of backup gear assuming thats not gone too but with my track record today it probably is. and then log off for a few days...maybe play something relaxing...like minecraft..

Edited by Chaossound

Man.... If only I could get my hands on a M136 with all these damn chopper projects going on. Alas, I shall never effectively troll.

Does anyone know how many M107 shots does it take to take down a flying helicopter? that would be fun :D

Does anyone know how many M107 shots does it take to take down a flying helicopter? that would be fun :D

6 to the main rotor, 2 to the tail rotar, 3 to the pilots cockpit if the glass isnt already broken 1-2 if it is.

You spent all day pushing buttons on your keyboard and mouse. No big loss. You can always try suing for emotional damages if the pain is still too much.

1 shot, through the windshield at the pilot. :D

This has always been my greatest pleasure these last years playing Arma2...sniping helicopter and fighter pilots on the fly. LOL

Why is it "well played"?

Someone jumped in a heli when no one was around.

i think he is demonstrating go be a good sportsman. 90% of the other posts would need to be censored in that scenario =)

Edited by foamy

They make the chopper really hard for a loner to repair for a reason man. Its not really a one man proposition. Set your sights on an ATV for you and your buddy, you will still have alot of fun and it is much more practical for two guys.

Well played. I spent all day running around stalisky repairing it with parts from the 3 small industrials. I come back half an hour later from taking a food break my friends on his way with a rotor assembly I go to the chopper to check for the jerry can I knew was in it to use the boat I found to pick him up and it's gone so not thinking since nobody has come all day I figure the server ate it so I go check the small industrials for a jerry can I get there nothing check the boathouse nothing...then I hear the chopper spin up turn around and watch it fly off. Well played sir.

It was I, ol' Bill Murray who took your chopper. I happened to have a rotor assembly and I was on Skalisty earlier when I saw the chopper. (Actually from another post of yours apparently it was you who shot me in the house by the docks). Unfortunately I was not aware that absolutely everything had to be fixed for the chopper to not leak fuel like a bastard. About two minutes after takeoff it ran out of fuel and I crashed into the side of a hill and nearly died. I felt pretty sheepish since it was the first day that the chopper had appeared and I crashed the thing.

This server is so weird man, I have not really seen anyone, but multiple times I have been fixing up a vehicle only to come back to it and someone has put gear in it and fixed it up some. Every vehicle I have successfully fixed up has been a team effort with some unseen player, its ridiculous.

It was I, ol' Bill Murray who took your chopper. I happened to have a rotor assembly and I was on Skalisty earlier when I saw the chopper. (Actually from another post of yours apparently it was you who shot me in the house by the docks). Unfortunately I was not aware that absolutely everything had to be fixed for the chopper to not leak fuel like a bastard. About two minutes after takeoff it ran out of fuel and I crashed into the side of a hill and nearly died. I felt pretty sheepish since it was the first day that the chopper had appeared and I crashed the thing.

This server is so weird man, I have not really seen anyone, but multiple times I have been fixing up a vehicle only to come back to it and someone has put gear in it and fixed it up some. Every vehicle I have successfully fixed up has been a team effort with some unseen player, its ridiculous.

I don't suppose another vehicle was a covered ural transport up near skalka was it? -_-' if it was I'de like you to consider grouping up with me. Since we seem to be doing the same things.

Edited by Chaossound