lemmi

So I've mapped some helicopter crash spots

Hi. A few weeks ago, me and my friend started farming helicopter crash sites, searching everywhere we thought there was a possibility of helicopters spawning (all big open fields).

Now I'm putting all of my knowledge up here. I started out with another helicopter crash chart that I found here: http://southcoastbeanwars.com/day-z-maps/

And I added upon it. (The blue circles mark where we have found choppers, the red triangles are the original markers).

Here: http://i.imgur.com/ZIJoc.jpg

• Like 6

What I always found interesting is with all the spawn spots for vehicles (off topic sorry) you would think the chances of spotting one would be better. I will find 1-3 randomly through woods if I am looking, but other then that I can spend an entire day playing and find nothing, either spawned and repaired or just sitting there waiting to be repaired. It's as if vehicles are still being horded off map somehow?

What I always found interesting is with all the spawn spots for vehicles (off topic sorry) you would think the chances of spotting one would be better. I will find 1-3 randomly through woods if I am looking, but other then that I can spend an entire day playing and find nothing, either spawned and repaired or just sitting there waiting to be repaired. It's as if vehicles are still being horded off map somehow?

lots of people find them and move them out of the default location to pickup later. i usually find them behind trees in the general area of where they should spawn. that doesn't bother me nearly as much though as the tards that come through town on restarts and grab all the tents out of the supermarkets, set them up outside so nobody can use them, and hide the packs. sometimes they even hide basic packs like the Czech pack. dumb.

The was another thread that showed the source code directly from the mod, 1 to 5 choppers will be randomly placed in any open field randomly 4000 meters from the center of the map on every server restart.

There are no fixed crash locations it seems.

Edited by Cort
  • Like 1

Damn, nice map. Ive only ever found 1 chopper back in the day, put on some camo that I found, and lost all my gear.

Lots you missed near Gvodsno Fact is Not counting 20 or so KM from each edge any field they can spawn. look at the map you just made pretty much marked most of map but the edges and the south. An actual map is pointless.

If you want a good route for looking for choppers, here it is.

Do this at night, it is much easier to find choppers at night because of the fires. Remember to do a spin sometimes to check.

1. Start East-Southeast of Novy Sobor [074 | 075].
  2. Go straight North in a bow counterclockwise around Novy Sobor Look around and continue South around, close to, Stary Sobor.
  3. Get the high ground west of Stary Sobor and continue west. Seek the high ground, aim to pass through around [050 | 077].
  4. Keep going till you are around [040 | 077].
  5. Head North to Dichina [044 | 072] and get a look around in all directions.
  6. Head straight North till you are at [045 | 061].
  7. Get a quick view of the airfield from the end as there are often helicopters.
  8. Go to the field West, then Northwest of Grishino.
  9. You're done, and near the barracks if you didn't find anything.

You can look a little at the map Dongtacular made while you're at it, but you'll get a hang of where they are very quickly. If you're determined it is not hard to find 10 choppers in one evening on foot. Just remember to keep your eyes open, he hasn't found them all, neither have I.

Another tip. Do yourself a favor and 'clear out' trash loot from the spawns and wait for it to respawn for better loot. Choppers don't respawn(duh).

Here's how it works:

http://mydayz.de/en/...wn-how-it-works

By the way. You'll want to stay hidden in the illustrated green zone while waiting for the countdown. 50m away and you're usually certain that every loot spawn point has a chance to respawn(not all will)

Yet another tip. When you are gearing up, if you want it easy, go to Cherno and move from high yield to high yield industrial building(check the map). There are 6. They have everything you need, except a hatchet and a military weapon. They're also the best place in the game to get a ghillie suit if you clear trash, move to the next one, clear trash... etc, in a circle.

Edited by AtotehZ

For me, vybor to Polana is my route, in 2h I can get some pretty good gear with that route, but nice map ;) and also I can go to green mountain, I always find something there, even tents, an Gorka is also a pretty good helicopter spot, you can find 3 Helis in a 1000m radio

Edited by Henryllex~

For me, vybor to Polana is my route, in 2h I can get some pretty good gear with that route, but nice map ;) and also I can go to green mountain, I always find something there, even tents, an Gorka is also a pretty good helicopter spot, you can find 3 Helis in a 1000m radio

You're cheating yourself out of A LOT of choppers. The majority is around Stary Sobor. Going to newly restarted servers and checking that area is the most effective. You are right about Gorka, but it is so far off the map that it isn't worth it in my opinion.

Also, if you want camps, check all the way up North. People often put their choppers there. Especially north of Berezino and a way up North of Devil's Castle.

Edited by AtotehZ

Going to newly restarted servers and checking that area is the most effective.

My last info was that helicopter-crash-sites are spawning while the server is running in the first hours after a restart... so it wont help you to search a "fresh" restarted server ;)

Okay, so I just want to point out that I am very much aware of the fact that they spawn randomly, and the only reason I've done this mapping is to confirm what places are valid spawn spots. There ARE some places where you will never see heli spawns (coastline, western/northern edges of the world, anywhere west of the mainroad at the west part of the world etc.).

That said, good to see that someone found it useful. I also want to add that a lot more helicopters have started showing up at and around Novy Lug (by Gvozdno). I think they did some rebalancing when they released the patch that split heli crash sites into two different types.

nice map. I remember I found a heli crash site on the road just north of cherno. Was terrified because I could still see the hotel and that other tall building. I managed to get alot of medical supplies from it

Please check the date in which the topic is posted prior to commenting.

The 30th of July. GG.