Sign in to follow this  
Elladox

Your scariest DayZ expierience

Whats your scariest close call or expierience that youve had playing Day Z?

mine was when i logged into a barracks with at least 3 other people in it, luckily it was night and they didnt see me, but i almost **** my pants when i logged in and there were a buntch of people moving around XD

Sniping NW airfield, Spot a a squad of 4 50m infront of me, ''PANIC'' AS50 NOSCOPE powpow, two kills,

Run like hell.

My hands were shaking for atleast 10 minutes.

Edited by Lasse

I logged in cause a friend of mine wanted to see what DayZ was all about. As soon as i appeared a survivor ran straight past me, i assumed he didnt see me because he didnt stop. I had nothing of value and couldnt be bothered running after some guy while me friend was over so i turned towards the nearest town which is where the survivor was running from (i logged out near one earlier in the day) to see a zombie standing right infront of me. We both pretty much jumped out of our seats and it ended up breaking my legs on the first hit :(

Logging in to any server. Hands down the scariest thing anyone will ever experience in DayZ.

• Like 8

When I first started to play dayz, ran through some random village with like 10 zombies behind me. I screamed like hell!

And when I shot a sniper that was 20 to my left side, I swear that my heart was doing 180 beats per minute.

Whenever I turn around just to have a zed on my face that I didn't hear or see coming.

Specially if they seem to be those zombies with augmented sight that are able to spot you from miles away and outrun you.

That dreaded "Crack" and shock symbol. Good thing that guy's a bad shot. Nothing makes me jump more than that sound.

There was also a time when a zed spawned in nearby, but I caught it only out of the corner of my eye, and he did the raise rifle animation, it looked like a player just stood up. I've never thrown caution to the wind, spun and fired so many rounds in my life. I'm pretty sure I scared the shit out of my teammates too....

When I first played this game it spawned me at night time, near a town. I decided to go close to the town since there was light over there, as I got closer and closer I believed I saw a person so I headed towards him. When I heard the zombie-like noises and the "person" running towards me I knew exactly what was going on. As I started to sprint into the dark woods I had about 5-6 zombies chasing me... I ran and ran till my water and food icons began to blink red then I just gave up and let the zombies eat me.

I also turned the ingame music off after this happened to me... way too scary for me.

Sniping NW airfield, Spot a a squad of 4 50m infront of me, ''PANIC'' AS50 NOSCOPE powpow, two kills,

Run like hell.

My hands were shaking for atleast 10 minutes.

Really? Your hands were shaking? >_>

well, first thing - music(drops) = heart attack, feels like someone spotted you or somebody chasing you

second thing - running with a squad in open field, hearing a gunshot - everybody sudden parkinson's desease, possible heart attack

Logging in to any server. Hands down the scariest thing anyone will ever experience in DayZ.

Yup im on top of the outer Elektro firehouse with fairly good stuff and I don't think I can log back in just incase someone sees me

Was playing with my bud(both in ghillie suits) near Pobeda Dam, my hunger meter started to flash so i ask my bud in vent if he had any meat. Told me to take it out of his backpack, i turn around from the watering hole to see a person in ghillie running towards the water to my 3. As he passed me to fill his water bottles i look in his bag to find a SVD Camo(which my bud did not have) freaking out i spam hipfireing into this mystery mans back killing him. Then my bud runs over to help loot this guys gear, after finishing looting we decide to move along. 50meters from where i just killed a man another player was laying down near a tree wearing a ghillie suit. 2 clean shots to the head killing this new guy. Suddenly 6 more guys come out of the trees taking pot-shots at us as we run for our lives. Miscommunication nearly killed us while at the same time saving our lives.

Edited by Snacky

Logging on in the Barracks on the main Air Field at night time, clearing the barracks from the second to last room towards the door and checking for gear. I realise that I missed the end room, walking out of the showers I look down the coridoor and saw a black silhouette just standing there with a gun watching me, I actually yelped and my heart raced. Ran myself into a room and laid there crying.

After each death I decide to take a break to check back what people are writing here on the forums.

And THAT scares the shit out of me EVERY time.

Really? Your hands were shaking? >_>

On my first most intense encounter they did that. But that usually only happens when you are,

1. Playing Alone

2. Having some of the best gear you have ever had and really don't want to lose it

3. When you started playing somewhat recently.

You get the point

Anyways, my most intense but not nesacarily 'scary' moment was when I took on a group of highly armed players with only a AKM with 2 mags and a makarov. I used to have it copied somewhere but I seemed to have lost it. The whole encounter took about 40 minutes.

Ran off the map, then when I went back onto it, nothing but trees for miles... and all of them swaying. ALL of them. Even the shrubs. Freaking epileptic trees.

Was playing with my bud(both in ghillie suits) near Pobeda Dam, my hunger meter started to flash so i ask my bud in vent if he had any meat. Told me to take it out of his backpack, i turn around from the watering hole to see a person in ghillie running towards the water to my 3. As he passed me to fill his water bottles i look in his bag to find a SVD Camo(which my bud did not have) freaking out i spam hipfireing into this mystery mans back killing him. Then my bud runs over to help loot this guys gear, after finishing looting we decide to move along. 50meters from where i just killed a man another player was laying down near a tree wearing a ghillie suit. 2 clean shots to the head killing this new guy. Suddenly 6 more guys come out of the trees taking pot-shots at us as we run for our lives. Miscommunication nearly killed us while at the same time saving our lives.

The guy we killed who was prone happened to be one of the zed clan members :3

Its night time and I am at the medical tents of Balota Air Field looking in the deer huts for maybe a weapon or some starter gear. As I am passing past the front gates a player on the outside starts to pitch flares into the camp lighting it up like the fourth of July. He easily spots me and starts to fire at me with no hesitation. Still I have no gun, or hatchet to offer any kind of resistance and in my position I am just a sitting duck with only tents for cover! Eventually I manage to make a mad dash to the hole in the barbwire since all his aggressive fire drew zombies to him. Barely got out of there alive with the odd snap of a bullet streaking past me as he sprayed at my silhouette.

Mine happened just last night. I was crossing a field NE of Cherno (Maybe N). I heard the faintest voice over the in game chat followed by a few shots going off. Unsure if these bullets were intended for me, I hightail it into the heavy bushes and sparse tree cover there is, attempting to hide from whoever has started firing shots into the countryside. Suddenly, I hear "Thortimer, Thortimer, don't do anything stupid... That's a nice Coyote Backpack you have there... Need a better gun?"

Whoever it was that hunted me down and found my hiding spot just wanted to send me off packing a silenced rifle. Simultaneously the most terrifying, intense and pleasurable moment in DayZ. A little reward for not dcing in the middle of a possible fight.

The scariest experience i had in DayZ happened a few days ago.

I was bored, watching Cherno from the factory building with my friend.

While i was watching, i heard a shot and it almost killed me, it went to a pipe right next to me, so i ran for my life and waited a little bit, while my friend was trying to find the source, since he wasn't spotted by the sniper.

A few minutes later, looking east, i saw three players leaving Cherno in the direction of Elektro, one of them had a sniper, so i figured he was probably the guy who tried to kill us. I told my friend and we quickly got out of the building, running towards them, hoping we could kill them.

Watching them in the distance with my binoculars, i could see a zombie hit one of them, meaning they would need to stop to bandage the wounded player in a few seconds, so we went in their direction, to surprise them (they were probably at Prigorodki).

We spread out a little, hiding behind the trees, and then we saw them. I aimed my weapon (a Lee Enfield) at the guy standing applying the bandage to his wounded friend, and i fired.

He went down instantly, and one second latter i shot the guy bleeding, and he went down too.

The third guy tried to flank us, but my friend saw him, and shot him too.

We were really excited, and we went over their bodies to loot them. We spent maybe 30 seconds or less looking at their gear, then we heard footsteps and suddenly shots fired at us.

I turned around looking behind me, and i saw 2 more guys, this time they were armed with silenced M4's and NVG's, but since we were probably very lucky that day, they missed the first rounds, giving me time to take cover behind one of the trees.

My friend wasn't that fast to find cover, so he ran a little bit drawing their fire towards him, giving me a few seconds to shoot the other two guys.

I killed them both (both bandits, but honestly i can't tell if they were in a group with the other 3 guys, or if they heard us killing them) and after that we took our time looting their bodies, just to find 2 coyote backpacks, NVGs, GPSs, 2 silenced M4s and lots of good gear that we are still using right now.

It was a good fight, we were just two guys and we downed five enemies, i know it's not that impressive but it was by far my best moment in the game.

When I logged into the game for the very first time it was night. It was pitch black, the creepy music was playing. I could see the outline of a building so I crawled over to it and then I heard all the noises the zombies make for the first time.

I nope'd and logged out to play again in the morning.

When I dropped my aim on a person cause his voice reminded me of my dead dad.

Then I took some fire from the side. Scariest moment in DayZ for me.

Now, I just channel their salty cries into sweetness.

It helps a lot with the grief and anguish I feel every night.

Edit: at about 6:42 is the one I'm referring to

This sound right here.

Whenever that ambient sound plays I always jump for some reason.

A lot of those ambient sounds really startle me now that I think about it.

Edited by Sage

Edit: at about 6:42 is the one I'm referring to

This sound right here.

Whenever that ambient sound plays I always jump for some reason.

A lot of those ambient sounds really startle me now that I think about it.

This sound is one of the reasons i always turn "music" off in the menus. LOL.

Edited by Fenrig

when me and my friend went to green mountain, turns out i ran faster then him. :blush: