Sign in to follow this  
CptLeon

Is this considered server hopping?

Well first off, let me say that i love the mod. Finally got to the point where i can gear myself up every time i spawn, but i have been getting a lot of flak for switching servers a lot.

The reason is that me and a neighbor share an internet connection (Wifi, from a company called frontier, which is rated F+ on speedtest.net), and i get booted a lot for high ping. No big deal, but when i started joining community teamspeaks, they refused to beleive me, calling me a "russian cheater scum". despite my blatant US accent.

I got banned from a server today because an admin (who sounded VERY young by the way) was under the assumption that i was TRYING to cheat.

I don't like my ping, and i'm going to be getting a better connection soon (can't play with others, i lag to much to help them and because they are invisible to me half the time), but the way some people are treating a new player just for this is terrible.

all i can say is get a better ping

I'm not sure where the server hopping question is, but yes, please, for you and everyone else, pursue this new connection. It's very very difficult to play, as well as play with someone, who's ping is high.

I really do not see why server hopping is so bad and considered as cheating. Whats so bad about changing server because your lagging or finding new loot?

Well first off, let me say that i love the mod. Finally got to the point where i can gear myself up every time i spawn, but i have been getting a lot of flak for switching servers a lot.

The reason is that me and a neighbor share an internet connection (Wifi, from a company called frontier, which is rated F+ on speedtest.net), and i get booted a lot for high ping. No big deal, but when i started joining community teamspeaks, they refused to beleive me, calling me a "russian cheater scum". despite my blatant US accent.

I got banned from a server today because an admin (who sounded VERY young by the way) was under the assumption that i was TRYING to cheat.

I don't like my ping, and i'm going to be getting a better connection soon (can't play with others, i lag to much to help them and because they are invisible to me half the time), but the way some people are treating a new player just for this is terrible.

Well there's your problem.

-MONSTER

Nothing wrong with server hopping, if they want to stop us from doing that, they can create a single server or an enforced wait period upon quitting and rejoining.

Also, server hopping is a phrase invented for this alpha... What does it matter to you if what you do to compensate for your shitty ping is considered "server hopping" ?

Edited by WisdomSnork

I thought so, and i WAS ignoring the people trying to call me a cheater, but getting banned kinda made me want to check. Thanks for the info guys!

i always change servers when the FPS gets all jacked up. sometimes they start out nice then get all fuxord.

i always change servers when the FPS gets all jacked up. sometimes they start out nice then get all fuxord.

+1

i7 and the badman HD6790 with 3 fans on it and sometimes I drop down to 15 FPS and have to join a new server to get back to normal.