Sign in to follow this  
Thortimer

Have Zombie Spawning Mechanics Changed?

I'm noticing a lot more zombies spawning than normal. To test this, I went out into the wilderness until I came across a hunting stand. Within twenty minutes, there were well over 25 zombies sprawled out in the field overlooked by the hunter stand. Prior to this update, I have never seen so many zombies spawn in one location, and they don't seem to be stopping.

Yeah I agree. Since the last update zeds seem higher in numbers and there senses seem to have been boosted.

Certainly much harder to stealth into a town.

Zombie spawn broken right now. Seems like you can get x2 zombie spawn than normal. It's easy to notice around deer stands.

And btw, in my opinion, after 1.7.2.2. stealth completely ruined. Before this patch i can easily avoid any zombie aggro. Right now, they can notice me from crouch walk postion from 10-15 meters. It's can be avoided if you crawl all the way long, but fuck this, i'm not not gonna crawl entire raid with 40 peoples on server in this enviroment type map.

Edited by Lippuringo

Ive noticed zombies that I've killed respawning next to me in a short time period lately

yeah zombie spawn and aggro is fucked up. I like to go around deer stand from deer stand to find ammo and supplies, now I've seen them countless time going like this:

3 zombie spawn, and they start walking away from the stand

if they don't walk back and stay in the area, 3 more spawn

if this 3 more do the same as the first 3, go back to step 1, rinse and repeat

also, with the "hearing fix", their aggro is completely fucked up.

today i was crouch walking towards a house in the middle of nowhere (literally, top left to the edge of the dayzdb map, after a failed camp raid trip). it was empty, and i've seen them spawning. it was night. I was so far (literally the edge of the spawning distance since i've seen them spawn in that very moment) that the dot of my M14 was as big as the whole fucking zombie. I shot him, go back to third person, and I see 4-5 of them running at me, + 1 coming from the back (apparently there was a little pointless building with a spawn behind me) who obviously made me bleed on his first hit, so I was forced to run in the woods to loose aggro.

this is so fucking ridiculous, you should be able to sneak around them, snipe them from afar without aggro, and even if they do hear loud guns from afar they shouldn't start running towards you ninja-zig-zagging, exactly pinpointing your location, if you weren't in their fucking line of sight when you shot. now I can't really raid crappy towns on my own, because if i'm forced to fire my awesome M14 i'll have the whole fucking town on me. wtf.

this is so fucking ridiculous, you should be able to sneak around them, snipe them from afar without aggro, and even if they do hear loud guns from afar they shouldn't start running towards you ninja-zig-zagging, exactly pinpointing your location, if you weren't in their fucking line of sight when you shot. now I can't really raid crappy towns on my own, because if i'm forced to fire my awesome M14 i'll have the whole fucking town on me. wtf.

Well there's your first problem. Firing a high powered rifle inside a small town should draw alot of zombies to your location. That being said I've noticed that there seems to be alot more zombies coming when they hear a weapon fire. I shot my AKM inside the firestation at NWAF and I had about 30 zombies come to attack and they kept coming. I eventually ran outside because I realised that they were not going to stop

Well there's your first problem. Firing a high powered rifle inside a small town should draw alot of zombies to your location.

What am I supposed to fire, my glock? I can't really headshot matrix-moving targets, they hear it anyways, and a full mag only takes down 3 with chest hits. A 17 bullets mag.

Well there's your first problem. Firing a high powered rifle inside a small town should draw alot of zombies to your location. That being said I've noticed that there seems to be alot more zombies coming when they hear a weapon fire. I shot my AKM inside the firestation at NWAF and I had about 30 zombies come to attack and they kept coming. I eventually ran outside because I realised that they were not going to stop

I had this happen at the northern supermarket in Berezino. I tried to crouch walk across the road from the market to the apartment buildings but aggro'd 1 who copped an akm round to the head, but then every zed and his mate heard the shot and so I ran back to the supermarket and killed about 10 and realised that more were coming. I avoided the ones coming in the back doors and ran out that way and into the field to some trees. I was able to get away but yeah its getting tough to stealth past them now, and that was around the time I started getting the graphics glitch so had to make sure I wasnt looking towards the military tents.

It's hard to get away with dispatching zeds in a city now.

>fire once, whole city comes running

>anyone with half a brain cell could tell you were there by the trail of dead zeds

What am I supposed to fire, my glock? I can't really headshot matrix-moving targets, they hear it anyways, and a full mag only takes down 3 with chest hits. A 17 bullets mag.

Well yes, that's what a sidearm is for ;)

Noticed this before when I was going to loot a crash site, I stood from a distance and there was around 4-5 zombies around it, when I came close 10 more just walked out from inside the heli.

The audible range is greater than the spawn range. The only way to get the zed to spawn is to get close enough that they can hear you when you fire your weapon.

The only solution at this point is to use silenced weapons, stealth crawl the entire way, or just haul ass and hope one doesnt get close enough to break your leg before you can lose them in a building.