milch

Are there still friendly Survivor?

Actually, i am playing since a week or something and i am wondering there are so many people calling them self not "Bandits".

I really NEVER found a Survivor who didnt shot me on sight!

Now my question is, are there still friendly people or where do they hide?

Always i am walking around and see some1 (AGAIN) thinking "Oh, this could be a good one" i am full of hope saying something to him like "dont shoot" and that's it i am dead...

Is this because the friendly are aware and stay away from me or is every1 shooting on people on sight?

I even tried to help some1 who shot me after i shot him falling unconscious... i tried bandage him and heal him up but his answer was shooting at me and then we killed each other.

The only friendly people i meet are new players on the coast who play the first time and i always am nice to them and help them and dont shoot...

So where do you hide, nice people? I bet every1 had a murder once...

• Like 2

i currently have 1 murder and 1 bandit kill, but ive met 3 friendly survivors in the wild on this life alone :thumbsup: keep searching humanity is still out there...

Yeah, even the people who call themselves friendlies will still murder if they're feeling bored.

There's actual a group I play will all ransoms I've meet in came and we play togeather and only shoot at others if we have to unwelcome to come play with us if u would like

i think it is just... every1 is scared of dieing...

i once killed some1... but before i killed him i told him to enter my car as passenger ( eh had a broken leg ) i wanted to heal him up at base but he crawled to the drivers door and i shit him because i was scared he would steal my car... he didnt answered on what i said...

They're out there. I've never shot first at anyone (even when I felt that they were going to backstab me). So just keep searching! Try using "Survivor HQ" to find people to team up with.

WAIT. I take that back, one time these guys were chasing me and I told them in side chat I'd shoot them if they didn't stop following me. So I shot first that time. ONLY THAT TIME THOUGH!

Edited by Afgoo

I'm either playing with my buddies or lone wolfing it and therefor avoid other people most of the time. Last night I followed 2 people who where lit up like a christmas tree with flashlight and chemlights as they made a run for the deer stands near Bor - came as close as ~10m and could kill them both but didn't. Followed them just for the thrill, don't think they ever saw me or knew that I was there.

I really don't need to team up with anyone other than my buddies. Most of the time it's a reliability to team up with a stranger (not even counting backstabbing), and I survive pretty fine on my own. I would trade though and maybe give a helping hand if someone needs medical attention. So, if you ever see someone with crossbow & Coyote pack, might be me.

Some people in this game. Won't help anyone in the fear of dying. It sucks. I was 1.5k blood and found another survivor. Too bad he wouldn't help me because he was scared I was gunna kill him.

I hate how people always talk about the inhumanity of someone who kills others. I'm pretty geared out at this point and it's not worth the risk for me to not KOS. The last thing I want is for some noob to pop me with his winchester just because I was trying to be nice to him. Is that inhumane? I don't think so, it's survival. Kill or be killed. Last I checked, DayZ is a survival sim.

The last thing I want is for some noob to pop me with his winchester just because I was trying to be nice to him.

That's why I avoid people. Even if I shouldn't care much about it, because a "geared up" noob will die very soon.

I only team up when I am unarmed and see other unarmed players, so we scavenge together and when one of us or both finds a gun we go our seperate ways. Then I KOS for survival,loot and I d'ont want to die kill or be killed.

Never murder, I'm always friendly to everyone and give out medical supplies all the time. Even if it does get me shot allot, some times by accident. You'll prolly' see me running around electro/cherno with my pants down shooting at people's zombie trails. Death is part of Day Z, and if I can save a life at the expense of my own; i am willing to sacrifice myself for a stranger's well being.

Although I admit, I have killed in cold blood before; but i do regret it and vow to never repeat my ax-murdering ways. I must atone for my sins!

• Like 3

There are. An unarmed player helped me with some bandages in Balota though I could have shot him to get them anyway. Since instead of just going crazy or logging out, he stuck around even if I kept an AK pointed at his face, I told him where he could find a shotgun with plenty of ammo as a thank you.

I hate how people always talk about the inhumanity of someone who kills others. I'm pretty geared out at this point and it's not worth the risk for me to not KOS. The last thing I want is for some noob to pop me with his winchester just because I was trying to be nice to him. Is that inhumane? I don't think so, it's survival. Kill or be killed. Last I checked, DayZ is a survival sim.

I'd much rather loose my all my gear to make some one's day, but that's just me I guess.

• Like 3

I would rather play with low level gear and with someone than with high level gear and solo.

When I'm around the coast I just speak on mic when I see someone to see if they wanna team up and if they kill me...I die, it's not so hard to find a weapon now. But when I'm inland I find some cover first and then speak, but most inland people tend to go alone, so I just hide and keep them in my sights until they go away. But that's just me, treating it like a sim, not real life. :rolleyes:

Edited by Snortan

the problem is yeah you can help unarmed survivors but i'm sure about 80% of them will kill you as soon they have a weapon.i saw a guy going apeshit with an hatchet just to get to someones gear.

i don't kill unarmed survivors i keep out of their sights the same with people who have standard weapons. my experience is the better some is equipt the more hostile he is.

my buddy and i ran into 2 other guys all of us had the same weapons (ak's) so i hesitated to shoot them and guess what happened ? my buddy died and i got chased through the woods only to safe my ass.after such encounters i always swear i never hesitate again but sometimes i just do i guess i just believe in the humanity of others :(

• Like 1

Dr.Lyme, if you aren't speaking straight out of your buttocks, I'd like to play a game or two with you, if you would like it. You're the kind of person that I would enjoy playing with. Though, I almost enjoy playing the game with someone who isn't a pro. There is a level of DayZ that I think I don't want to achieve, and that is logging on everyday and running through Chernarus making rounds from the NWAF and Stary. I want to play and have fun, explore and die, and in death discover new things about this game. I feel like that magic is lost when you play with someone who knows everything.

My Skype is Buddymcfriend

Send me a request if you're interested! Or if anyone else is, for that matter.

The main problem of this is that rocket removed sice chat. That means everyone are afraid of dying because to speak withyou they need ot get close for direct speech and that means if you meet non friendly person he would kill you.

To sum it up. People wouldn´t kill you but they dont know you intentions and don´t want get endangered so it is easier to kill you. Also even if there was chat they could lie. So the only thing you can do is find a group on forums or few players to play with so when you die they probably kill the one who killed you and save your gear. The problem can be if you get killed by larger or more experienced group. In such case you need to prepare good ambush somewhere and best with explosives like M203 launcher or leave them be and dissapear because the gear isn´t worth dying for.

the medic thread in Survivor HQ is proof that friendlies indeed do exist. in the few days i play i met people who would login and walk for an hour over the map just to bring me some food and a morphine shot. even though they know that i probably die the next day. without asking something in return.

i stand by my assessment - for every backstabbing bandit there is one survivor who wants to do the right thing. sometimes its hard, sometimes its kill or be killed. but there isnt only darkness. can you see the light? oh wait, wrong franchise.. anyway - friendlies exist. and some dont even hide :)

• Like 3

the medic thread in Survivor HQ is proof that friendlies indeed do exist. in the few days i play i met people who would login and walk for an hour over the map just to bring me some food and a morphine shot. even though they know that i probably die the next day. without asking something in return.

i stand by my assessment - for every backstabbing bandit there is one survivor who wants to do the right thing. sometimes its hard, sometimes its kill or be killed. but there isnt only darkness. can you see the light? oh wait, wrong franchise.. anyway - friendlies exist. and some dont even hide :)

you got a point but it's something different meeting up with someone you know from survivor hq and meeting someone coincidentally in the game.

the problem is yeah you can help unarmed survivors but i'm sure about 80% of them will kill you as soon they have a weapon.i saw a guy going apeshit with an hatchet just to get to someones gear.

i don't kill unarmed survivors i keep out of their sights the same with people who have standard weapons. my experience is the better some is equipt the more hostile he is.

my buddy and i ran into 2 other guys all of us had the same weapons (ak's) so i hesitated to shoot them and guess what happened ? my buddy died and i got chased through the woods only to safe my ass.after such encounters i always swear i never hesitate again but sometimes i just do i guess i just believe in the humanity of others :(

I had the same kind of hesitation once. While I was in one of the appartment across the street of Cherno's hospital, I noticed a guy running into the hospital.

After taking a good look, I notice he has a gillie suit and a M249 but I still had my doubts about pulling the trigger. But after some thinking, a guy with a gillie suit and a machine gun in cherno isn't there to make friends, so I fired on him before he had a chance to see me.

Edited by sheogorath

I think there are, but they are so few. And it's Rocket's design for it to be that way. I just got killed by two guys near a deer stand. I killed one of them, they shot first. Serves them right. Respawned, killed by a guy with a pistol as I was just minding my business trying to find some supplies. Respawned, got chased by a guy with a hatchet for 10 minutes. I managed to lose him for a moment and grabbed my own hatchet, but I turned around too late and got killed. I did get a few shots in though and he was bleeding before I died. None of those encounters needed to happen. Only the deer stand encounter made any sense at all. This game will continue to devolve into a death match arena until something is done.

The main problem of this is that rocket removed sice chat. That means everyone are afraid of dying because to speak withyou they need ot get close for direct speech and that means if you meet non friendly person he would kill you.

To sum it up. People wouldn´t kill you but they dont know you intentions and don´t want get endangered so it is easier to kill you. Also even if there was chat they could lie. So the only thing you can do is find a group on forums or few players to play with so when you die they probably kill the one who killed you and save your gear. The problem can be if you get killed by larger or more experienced group. In such case you need to prepare good ambush somewhere and best with explosives like M203 launcher or leave them be and dissapear because the gear isn´t worth dying for.

Some servers (although they shouldn't) still have side chat enabled.