Sign in to follow this  
wulvgar

As a Casual player I love this game but 2 issues (night+zombie sees)

With a wife and job its hard to play Dayz but I do love it. I hope they tweak night time duration and view distance of zombies. As a Casual player I love it but cant spend 3-4 hour sneaking around in the dark. You can't accomplish much of any thing so really no point to play during the dark.

I'm not saying remove night because I do love night time. Just shorten some players only have 2-3 hours to play. Half time its always dark when I get on to play so cant play.

View distance of zombies is unrealistic long

I'll be some 75yards away kneeling near a tree surrounded by tall grass and Mr SPeedy we run right at me for no reason. DIdnt make a sound.

-Even hidden behind a car about 75 yards out And Boom he sees you

-Eye sight of Zombies isnt that good. Even make 1 bar noise at 75 yards out they should NOT hear or see you.

- Its a zombie the eyes and ears are rotten to the core.

- Right now the zombies seem to use Default AI as veteran ? Just a guess

- Yes I know laying keeps you from being seen, but zombie still shouldn't see you 75 yards. There eyesight is not clear.

- Smell ? no idea laugh

Add + Night + Zombie unrealistic long viewing or hearing = can't play for casual player

Loving the game keep up great work and great feed back, all!!

Edited by Wulvgar

Their are some servers that are on different time zones than you, find a server which is mostly daylight when you are playing.

Night is best for looting. Zed's can't see at night.

Day is best for killing because most players prefer day.

Also the zeds eyesight is based on body direction. Just stay behind them.

Cure for the Ailness of the Dark! NightVision Goggles!

Just go prone, it's always better safe then sorry in DayZ, plus zombies can barely see you, you'd have to be right next to them when prone, unless you find a ghillie, then you'll never have to worry about a Zombie!

I'm not saying remove night because I do love night time. Just shorten some players only have 2-3 hours to play. Half time its always dark when I get on to play so cant play.

Look for servers with GMT-X or GMT+X in the title. This tells you what the local time is on the server. If it is night time in your timezone then find a GMT-X that is significantly different that yours and it will be daylight. There is no need to ask them to fundamentally change the game when you have the power to decide for yourself what time of day you play in.

View distance of zombies is unrealistic long

I'll be some 75yards away kneeling near a tree surrounded by tall grass and Mr SPeedy we run right at me for no reason. DIdnt make a sound.

Do you know how far a player can see? I can see the zombies from hundreds of meters away. At least 500m. You should be grateful that the zombies eyesight is reduced and they can only see you from <100m away or so. You don't know how decrepified any given zombie is. Has that person been a zombie for a month? a few days? a few hours? a few minutes? At night time their vision is reduced and you can crouch walk within 15-25m of them.

Add + Night + Zombie unrealistic long viewing or hearing = can't play for casual player

Loving the game keep up great work and great feed back, all!!

I'm glad you like the game, but keep in mind that this isn't a game designed to cater to every complaint a casual player has and if it did it would water the game down to the point that it wouldn't be any different from COD: Zombie Edition.

Google and download DayZ Commander. For me it works much better than Six Launcher, it has a bunch of useful filters - one of them being the day/night only filter.

Wow thanks everyone. I had no idea the AI was that advance. I'll be sure try a different server with change in night to day to help get going in game.

Its freaking addictive. I hope I don't loose my job and wife because of Dayz hahah joke...cough

I just wish they would put in a little bit more light at night. I've never even seen a pair of NVG. And without them playing at night is pointless.

Also the filter for Dayzcommander is quite spotty as to weather or not it is accurate. Combine that with the outlandish loading times and you end up spending more time server hopping than actually playing.

I just wish they would put in a little bit more light at night. I've never even seen a pair of NVG. And without them playing at night is pointless.

Also the filter for Dayzcommander is quite spotty as to weather or not it is accurate. Combine that with the outlandish loading times and you end up spending more time server hopping than actually playing.

I agree with you that getting the local server time should be an easier, more straightforward process, but I'm sure that is on Rocket's list - although it isn't of great priority atm.

Edited by Obsolescence

I agree with you that getting the local server time should be an easier, more straightforward process, but I'm sure that is on Rocket's list - although it isn't of great priority atm.

What do you think about infusing just a bit more light than the game currently has? Does this game have an actual moon cycle? Every night game I have played has virtually no moon, only a sliver.

You have issues at night? I've found rummaging through towns at night a thousand times easier

You have issues at night? I've found rummaging through towns at night a thousand times easier

At dusk, it's great. You can still see a bit but you have more cover from the Z's. But once it is pitch black and you can't even see your gun in front of your face. It's pointless.

Just use your flashlight the zeds don't see it

Players do.