Sign in to follow this  
B Allred

The Reason more and more people don't enjoy DayZ

Be more cautous. Don't say friendly where you can be shot. Wait for a response. If no response, assume they're hostile. Assume they're hostile even if they respond friendly. Let them come to you, not you come to them. You will have the edge that way. You should have waited for them to come out into the hall. That way they get their loot and they are happy, and you have the tactical advantage.

Shot someone like you because they ran out of the bushes toward my group, within a few feet. I didn't hear him yell friendly (my brother said he did a split second after he appeared) over the shitty speakers at my friend's house and my brother speaking through Steam voice chat. Scared the living hell out of me. I feel bad for it now, but it is a lesson on how you should approach other survivors.

I've noticed two main problems with this.

1) Your name in game is Abdul

3). Your name has "The Sniper" as a suffix..

(Also being in Cherno to loot is not a good idea, makes it seem like you were there to try and kill people, like most people are)

Edited by Jp3ilson

Guns down if your freiendly people theres a reason Arma lets you do that. In real life if someone had a gun pointed at me and said they were friendly Id probably shoot them too.

Whats the command for this?

Sorry fraps only records incoming voice not outgoing, and in the video yes they shot first, it only sounds like I did becasue the girl had a ak-74u.

What recording error? I didn't even see the little voice chat sign that should be on the bottom left of the screen (which appears everytime I use the talk command). You obviouisly didn't say "Friendly". You shot first, and they pwned you. Live with it.

Tap Ctrl twice in rapid succession. This will make your virtual guy lower his main weapon (doesn't work with sidearms, only rifles and machine guns). I wouldn't count on it to save my life during an encounter with possible hostiles, though.

• Like 1

you and a lot of people stop playing dayz cos u got shot? im confused?

With primary weapon equipped, double tap left Ctrl key to lower your weapon. To sit press, the ' key. Or my personal favorite, press the w key and run the hell away.
  • Like 1

I love how the OP somehow assumes he is with the majority by saying 'Why more and more people don't enjoy Day Z'. What proof do you have that 'more and more people' hate Day Z? This game is getting MORE popular, not less.

Fucking carebears.

He just does not like that players are getting more and more cutthroat to keep themselves alive and are taking fewer risks over the odd friendly encounter.

So because you say 'friendly' we're not allowed to shoot you? I guess we can play patty cake instead

edit: Upon further investigation, you didn't even say friendly. You're full of shit. I use fraps too, and I can hear my voice in the recordings. Check for a direct chat mic icon on the screen...there isn't one. You deserved to die

Edited by Caz
  • Like 1

Why where you standing in the doorway first of all, i would have backed the shit out of the building as soon as i see the female player.

Then you could have got to cover and ask for friendly (which you didn't anyway).

Edited by Tex Willer

I myself have lost some interest in this game because of murderers and bandits. I'm not here to play Arma with A-holes with a twitchy finger. That's why I don't play games like Modern Warfare or Battlefield. I'm here to play a survival horror game. Does that mean that I am absolutely opposed to player killers? No. What's a survival horror without the buttmuncher sociopath who tries to kill the good guys? But there needs to be severe consequenses for those who do player kill. I'm in favor of "friendly zones" (places where trade and freindly players can benefit from each other's help, and where bandits cannot go), bounties on bandits, and easy ways to identify the bandits. Make the douchebags scared for what they do to other players.

Here I thought people were leaving because of rampant hacks/scripts, every update breaking the game, the collection of glitches, and thr "client"(ARMA2) it's run through being utter shit.

I love it when people state things like "more and more people don't enjoy DayZ", or "DayZ will be dead in T minus X"

Good sir, would you mind presenting your empirical research that indicates that "more and more people don't enjoy DayZ"?

You must have some kind of evidence other than crying babies in the forum, I suppose

Edited by Hawk24

But there needs to be severe consequenses for those who do player kill. I'm in favor of "friendly zones" (places where trade and freindly players can benefit from each other's help, and where bandits cannot go), bounties on bandits, and easy ways to identify the bandits. Make the douchebags scared for what they do to other players.

I'm not sure if you know this, but the game is built for realism. That's the whole point of the engine. So, why would the mod be any different? It's pretty clear that the idea is to keep things as close to being authentic and real as one can in a game about a zombie apocolypse. So, please enlighten me. In realistic situation, how does one automatically identify a bandit? How does one punish someone suspected of being a bandit? What if they're not?

The concept that there are no safe zones in this game is laughable. Why don't you make one, if you want one so bad? Get some likeminded individuals together and defend a spot. Make it safe for people who don't want to engage in PvP. This is not the type of game where you're entitled to something, so why not just work for it?

More and more people don't like this game and are getting fed up with it because the game is not made for you. This game is an unforgiving wasteland that YOU are responsible for adapting too. This game is not going to cater to you. It's not going to help you out when you're trapped in a grocery store in Cherno with bandits waiting for you to come out the door. This game isn't going to help you when you run into a dead end with no weapon and a horde of zombies behind you. The game is not meant for people who cannot do things for themselves. Not everyone is supposed to enjoy this game and if you don't that is absolutely fine. But don't whine on here and ask for the game to change to suit you.

It isn't going to happen. Rocket has said so himself. He is absolutely not going to cater to people who are too weak to survive in the world he has created. This game is about survival and if you can't survive? Well tough shit, you are too weak to live through this apocalypse. Sorry, but that's just how it is. I've hated this game just like the rest of you. Like when I got shot after finding my first military grade rifle. Or when a guy waiting for me in the back of a grocery store and shot me when I entered. Or when I broke my leg falling off some steps in Devil's castle. But guess what?

I adapted to the game, I didn't wait for it to adapt to me.

• Like 1

you must have missed your push to talk button. cus it never came up as you saying anything. at least from what i see. maybe it dont show on the server your on though...

As much as everyone can rely on the "survival of the fittest, kill or be killed, blah blah blah"... It makes little real life sense. There is a number of zombies in the map. Survival doesn't mean kill the weakest humans first because they're never as weak as the zombies.

Which means, you should keep people alive at all cost as long as it is beneficial. If a person proves they suck at spacial management and are constantly needing more resources than others... Take care of it.

But just because you got a gun faster than some other guy than randomly spawned in a 26km square area... Defaulting to "kill or be killed" doesn't make sense.

Nor does relying on someone saying friendly, the only time that that tactic is required is when there is an EQUALLY intelligent threat. Human wars, alien invasion, etc...

People demanding others to state whether they're "friendly" is just an excuse to feel tactical and empowered; it's not actually realistic.

So yea, the "hard asses" in DayZ are ruining it, because the threat is the zombies, not the other players. But people got in the habit of killing someone for a can of beans so now it's rationalized that it's "survival of the fittest"... Which is complete bull.

That is to say, this is why I find it hard to actually enjoy DayZ... The controls are already clunky, worrying about if someone who found a gun before me is smart enough to realize I'm smarter than a zombie, shows that survival is hard because somewhere at the end of Idiocracy there was a zombie outbreak...

Edited by whydoyouwork

First of all you are not saying shit in this video......second DayZ gets boring because of ................raid NWA, stash in tent, die, regear rinse and repeat........

Easily fixed by not exploiting tents, I have to wonder what you guys on this forum would be like in a game of D&D or pathfinder, you'd probably start the game with maxed characters and only fight weak monsters that always drop the best items and then complain the games to easy and boreing.

I'm not sure if you know this, but the game is built for realism. That's the whole point of the engine. So, why would the mod be any different? It's pretty clear that the idea is to keep things as close to being authentic and real as one can in a game about a zombie apocolypse. So, please enlighten me. In realistic situation, how does one automatically identify a bandit? How does one punish someone suspected of being a bandit? What if they're not?

The concept that there are no safe zones in this game is laughable. Why don't you make one, if you want one so bad? Get some likeminded individuals together and defend a spot. Make it safe for people who don't want to engage in PvP. This is not the type of game where you're entitled to something, so why not just work for it?

Oh boy.... were to even begin, this game is not built for realism if it was eating and bandageing wouldn't be instant, bullets would have to be extracted, loot would not randomly spawn in multiple times a day, etc. if guns killing people in one or two hits and friendly fire are "realism" I have to say thats pretty poor realism. How does one identify ANYBODY? we all use the same player model and so there is ZERO ability for the community to know which characters KOS, lastly its impossible to make safe zones because of sniper rifles that can kill 1km away and expoits like ghosting, ALT-F4, etc if players actually had the ability to make safe zones trust me they would have. (perfect example is the traders, that place was a fortress but that didn't stop the ghosters from exploiting in and killing people.)

Edited by neo2157