Sign in to follow this  
Zhufor

I'm a moron. Globally Banned for a momentarily lapse in thought.

Let the title overshadow most of this so that I can avoid some flames OK?

OK, now that that's out of the way...

A few weeks ago one of my "friends" asked me on steam to come and join their server to play. She then told me that she needed my player ID so that "her" server could recognize my location. I didn't quite understand why she would need that, but I trusted her, She had never given me a reason not to. She directed me into the registry to find said "player ID" I gave it to her and all was well. We played for a while.

The next day she messages me saying that a bunch of people were banned the night before. I of course respond with "so what?". She tells me that i'm one of those people. I kind of wigged out a little and went to look. sure enough i had the dreaded message "battleye: Global Ban etc. etc." I asked her how she knew about it and after some coercion she finally told me she had stolen my CD key and used it to hack on a few servers. When i reported her and told her to enjoy her ban she told me I was a chump and that the "Player ID" was actually my CD key (you all probably knew that). I of course sent an email to Battleye, they haven't responded at all. My report to steam didn't go through because I didn't screenshot it. (another dumbass move)

Can someone please help me out? The whole thing was completely stupid on my part, and i guess i deserve to suffer, but i put good money into that game and I really love this mod. My friends are pissed at me because they want to play, but they don't want to leave my character at the tent. This has been a huge mess and i just want to fix it and get back to playing.

So you're saying...

• Either YOU hacked and got banned
  • You gave your CD Key to someone who hacks and they got it banned

You're just the hacker with a lame excuse.

• Like 1

You're screwed. Doesn't matter if you did it or gave your key away to use.

You'll be buying a new copy to play. Good lesson in who your friends are.

Tell your friends to play on, the character they are waiting on is dead forever....

You're only chance is to hope that battleye has some passion. Remember they can check the ip to make sure you are speaking the thruth.

Good! I hope they can check my IP. I didn't know they could do that. If that's the case then I shouldn't have any problems, provided they ever get to me on this.

You're screwed. Doesn't matter if you did it or gave your key away to use.

You'll be buying a new copy to play. Good lesson in who your friends are.

Tell your friends to play on, the character they are waiting on is dead forever....

I hope it doesn't end up that way. I bought a new CD key in the hopes that I could use it, but apparently not, and then the steam sale came up and the entire game became cheaper than the key i bought. figures right?

On a side note here, for those of you with the negative ass remarks, why don't you take your attitude elsewhere? I've gotten enough of that up to this point thanks.

Edited by Zhufor

I dont think you'll find anyone willing to unban you because at the end of the day, you are the one that handed away your "id" to someone else, no one made u do it or stole it. The fact that someone may have taken advantage of your gullability to get said ID is nigh on unproveable. I think the person you should really be speaking to is your friend. Or are they more of an aquaintance than friend?

Well the part where they don't want to leave your player at the tent is of no importance because your player is only accessable to other player interaction or in-game interaction when you log into the server and because your globally banned by BattleEye you can't join any servers. But if its any consolation you should be able to join a none protected server (without BattleEye) but there are a lot of hackers on those servers. Other than messaging BattleEye, Steam or Bohemia with full details theres little they can do without proof and they have a zero-tolerence to hacking so the chances of getting your CD-Key unbanned are nil. The only way you can play on BattleEye protected servers again is if you buy a new CD-Key, but if you bought it on steam you'll have to make a new steam account and buy the game again through steam or simply buy a CD copy of the game.

Hope I helped.

CRUSADER

• Like 1

I dont think you'll find anyone willing to unban you because at the end of the day, you are the one that handed away your "id" to someone else, no one made u do it or stole it. The fact that someone may have taken advantage of your gullability to get said ID is nigh on unproveable. I think the person you should really be speaking to is your friend. Or are they more of an aquaintance than friend?

I understand that. Like i said, I'm a moron. I was just hoping. I was completely unaware that it was my CD key. I should have done some research first. She had been a friend of mine that i gamed with for the past year or so, we talked quite a bit. One day she just decided it would be cool to screw me over. It is my fault in the end though. i understand that as well.

Well the part where they don't want to leave your player at the tent is of no importance because your player is only accessable to other player interaction or in-game interaction when you log into the server and because your globally banned by BattleEye you can't join any servers. But if its any consolation you should be able to join a none protected server (without BattleEye) but there are a lot of hackers on those servers. Other than messaging BattleEye, Steam or Bohemia with full details theres little they can do without proof and they have a zero-tolerence to hacking so the chances of getting your CD-Key unbanned are nil. The only way you can play on BattleEye protected servers again is if you buy a new CD-Key, but if you bought it on steam you'll have to make a new steam account and buy the game again through steam or simply buy a CD copy of the game.

Hope I helped.

CRUSADER

I have already emailed all those that could do anything about it. Like i've said, i'm just hoping this might help me out.

As far as i know battleeye bans are by guid and not playerid, and if your guid doesn't match your playerid you can't enter a server, so we have two options

1- You hacked and invented this story but failed on it

2- Somehow she got your GUID and faked your GUID and your PlayerID, i'm not sure if they also make CD-Key checks.

No one can ban you with your playerID, it's used to add you on clans etc, you can give it to other people without problems.

Again, She told me it was my player ID, unbeknownst to me it was my CD key. AGAIN, i'm a moron. I've kicked my own ass about this enough, I don't need help.

I don't know how she used my key, I have no idea how that works. apparently thats what went down though. I love survival games, especially zombie games. I enjoy the challenge. Hacking is a waste of time, especially when you spent 50 bucks on the game in the first place.

Again, She told me it was my player ID, unbeknownst to me it was my CD key. AGAIN, i'm a moron. I've kicked my own ass about this enough, I don't need help.

I don't know how she used my key, I have no idea how that works. apparently thats what went down though. I love survival games, especially zombie games. I enjoy the challenge. Hacking is a waste of time, especially when you spent 50 bucks on the game in the first place.

8 posts total...4 are in this thread. You have to at least understand that NO ONE here can nor will help you. Me thinks u read the thread about hackers duping Player IDs then used it as a basis for this story. Plus we all know there are no girls on the internet. Just Guys In Real Life.

So you're saying...

• Either YOU hacked and got banned
  • You gave your CD Key to someone who hacks and they got it banned

You're just the hacker with a lame excuse.

Hes new to the game and it isn't unheard of for this to happen give him some slack.

8 posts total...4 are in this thread. You have to at least understand that NO ONE here can nor will help you. Me thinks u read the thread about hackers duping Player IDs then used it as a basis for this story. Plus we all know there are no girls on the internet. Just Guys In Real Life.

Man, who cares how many posts i have? seriously?

Also, if I could prove this to you I would. Your not going to believe anything I say and that's fine. this is the only avenue I have left unless battleye decides to respond to my e-mail, so here I am.

Also, I know nothing of this thread that your talking about. I don't generally hang around on these forums.

PEBCAK

enough said.

real funny. How many times am i going to have to say that i've given myself enough shit for this, and that i don't need help? seriously. You guys can lay off any time.

I totally believe this story

canttellifsarcasm.jpg

What's stopping you using your new key btw?

I'm not quite sure how. I can't do it in steam.

Also, I'm not sure if i got the right one. I have a key for ARMA 2, and one for OA.

Edited by Zhufor

LOL THIS IS HILARIOUS! SOUNDS LIKE EVERY HACKERS STORY! I DIDINT HACK PLEASE UNBAN ME LOLOOLL!

Edited by eternalFive

LOL THIS IS HILARIOUS!

well look who it is. Yeah, this is so funny. I don't even know what to say to you.

Just be happy I didn't have a screenshot of our conversation or you would be out of a steam account. that's all it would have taken.

Edited by Zhufor