TibzFox (DayZ)

DayZ New Helicopter Spawn Points. Write yours here!

Me and my friend found two crashes in mogilevka, yes there were two crashed choppers in the same town, and in lees than an hour we found one inside stary sobor.

Even after repairing everything, including ALL windows, it still goes down fast. 2 trips from NorthWest to Cherno will drain the tank. Oh well, just fill the chopper's gear with jerry's. Anyway, posting my first chopping kill soon!

You have to fix everything on the chopper for fuel not to leak. 10+ windscreen glass and 6+ scrap metal parts and of course the other parts.

Clearly you've never seen a heli yet, at most there is 4 pieces of glass to fix also even with scrap metal in your inventory you cannot get ANY repair options whatsoever

Before you needed to use several scrap metal to repair the hull, now it spawns in always green

There are more than 4 windows to fix - I got an option for at least 10. Also, there are 4 things you need to fix with scrap metal. However, it will still leak after everything is fixed I believe.

Try fixing all 10, when you repair one it does like 3 windows you'll see how it works.

Yeah i'm fully repaired and still a freakin fuel leak!

We found ours on Skalisty Island.

Took us a few hours of work, even having some supplies prepped, but we finally got her up in the air and completely fixed. (fuel leak issue as well)

You have to repair every piece of glass and everything else for the fuel to stop leaking.

It also seems that once the fuel leak is fixed once, it will stay fixed as long as the chopper isn't completely destroyed. The first time we took of in it the pilot got a strong bit of desynch (bad timing or what) and the helicopter did a crash landing so to speak. Thankfully not killing it, but damaging it almost back to where we started. Everything but the hull, missles and a couple weapons were red again. But we noticed even with things still damaged, she wasn't leaking fuel.

We got her all repped up now, except for a few windshields but she is most definitely not leaking fuel. We were airborne for over half an hour and hardly dented a full tank.

so confirmed that you need to repair the windscreen glass? and you used 4 scrap metals also?

1.Hull

2.Rear Rotor

3.Missiles

4. Instruments

5. Engine Parts

6. Main Rotor

and how many pieces of glass?

Found one on fire today, it had a fully geared survivor body with it and the forest was on fire

• Like 1

It takes a team with multiple people a while to repair it. Even if you are organized, which we were. Took us about 2 hours. To get her fixed fully and refueled.

Found one on fire today, it had a fully geared survivor body with it and the forest was on fire

haha which server was that on?

• Like 1

find one, we repair it, flying off coast of berizino, pilots game crashes, we cant switch into pilots seat to save it from crashing. I PUT TWO DAMN GHILLIE SUITS IN THAT THING AHHH THE PAIN

• Like 1

I saw 2 choppers spawn at the Power Plant in Electro yesterday, Like literally saw them spawn. I was the only one there, went inside the firehouse, come back out 30 seconds later and boom 2 helis sitting right by the door, both at full health and fuel. I took one and flew around for about 45 minutes, then landed it up north and logged out..........BUT FORGOT TO CLICK SAVE VEHICLE FML

There are more than 4 windows to fix - I got an option for at least 10. Also, there are 4 things you need to fix with scrap metal. However, it will still leak after everything is fixed I believe.

Accomplished full repair stopped leaking.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034738494/screenshot/578962749312955723?tab=public

Edited by Kelfryn

Can anyone else confirm that fixing ALL of the window glass will stop the leak?

Confirmed!

Oh my oh my, can't wait to blow up some flying heli's with the m107 :D

:Edit: I can confirm working choppers on the rooftop of the hospital in cherno.

Edited by ollo

so confirmed that you need to repair the windscreen glass? and you used 4 scrap metals also?

1.Hull

2.Rear Rotor

3.Missiles

4. Instruments

5. Engine Parts

6. Main Rotor

and how many pieces of glass?

WTF Missles? LMFAO!

After some trouble i finally found some spare parts, took it with me for the long trip to the island which i previously had scouted..

But that fucker refused to be repaired? i even tried another server but i could not get the repair broken shit to come up.

Is there a difference in heli repairing vs car?

Wasted afuckinglot of time collecting this stuff and getting it out there lol, i'd hate to fail now when i'm so close