Igor (DayZ)

Stop trying to make DayZ...

It's really annoying, all these suggestions I see. Stop trying to transform DayZ into an alternative for Left 4 Dead. I see all these dumb suggestions:

-Boss battles when entering certain landmarks

-Join Factions (medical, etc)....

-Zombie waves

-Servers can disable PvP

-Trains pick you up and transport you (wtf)

-All survivors spawn in one area to make groups easier

-Safe Zone of zombies

-Skins upgrade when more zombie kills

-Trade Market..

The list goes on. I mean seriously, stop thinking like this is some fantasy bullshit and start thing real for once. Most of you are still in that fantasy zombie-killing mentality.

That is all.

• Like 31

people can post any kind of suggestion they want, yes alot of them are "odd" or "dumb" but oh well

• Like 6

Agreed, I've heard some people I know suggest this too and I'm flabbergasted as to why you'd want these kinds of things added to DayZ (especially the removal of PvP, the most exciting part of the game).

Adding more tools to give players power over the world is what I would like. I like this game because it's the players that make the gameplay, the game only provides the tools necessary to do so.

I mean they can suggest it all they want, everyone has a right to their opinion, but I just hope that these particular suggestions are never added to DayZ. If people want a Left 4 Dead style game, it already exists!

Edited by JaTochNietDan
  • Like 3

Why should we stop trying? It's the purpose of the game to develop into a true post-zombi apocalypse. Stop trying to keep it from becoming that and start thinking, instead.

As long as there is no stupified mechanism at work, and it actually means making an effort to reach goals, as establishing a trade market, I find it a valid idea. The medics have already helped hundreds of people in the game - and they weren't invented by Rocket, but by the community.

• Like 1

people can post any kind of suggestion they want, yes alot of them are "odd" or "dumb" but oh well

But people need to finally realize that this is a Zombie Apocalypse simulator.. Since this is the first (correct me if I'm wrong), people cannot think reality - they all think like this is made for stupid unreal shit in the future.

you know there really needs to be more to do in this game and if they dont add some more goals or things to construct this game is gonna get really boring really fast

Why should we stop trying? It's the purpose of the game to develop into a true post-zombi apocalypse. Stop trying to keep it from becoming that and start thinking, instead.

As long as there is no stupified mechanism at work, and it actually means making an effort to reach goals, as establishing a trade market, I find it a valid idea. The medics have already helped hundreds of people in the game - and they weren't invented by Rocket, but by the community.

With safe zones and crap all dayz will be is a poor imatation of a plethora of other games in the genre, except one with worse graphics and poor netcode.

Even with these things, dayz can still be special if rocket stays true to his vision.

Here's a wild idea. Stop thinking the game is yours. Stop stereotyping it with the use of the the only other zombie game you can think of. True some of the above dont fit DayZ, but some are being implemented in the longrun and the train idea doesnt sound half bad aslong as you have to fix it up yourself. All in all you are right. But you go the complete wrong way about it by posting here.in a rant.

• Like 3

I bet it breaks your heart to know rocket wants to add factions into the game eventually.

Honestly a lot of the suggestions you shot down are things rocket wants, but just player driven, not scripted in.

But people need to finally realize that this is a Zombie Apocalypse simulator.. Since this is the first (correct me if I'm wrong), people cannot think reality - they all think like this is made for stupid unreal shit in the future.

thats kinda a stupid statement like how dare someone suggest some weird fantasy idea to make the game unrealistic lol there are fuckin zombies in the game for Christ sake how bout they remove the zombies and you just get to run around looting and killing people that would be a better idea?

• Like 1

you know there really needs to be more to do in this game and if they dont add some more goals or things to construct this game is gonna get really boring really fast

end game content is still being developed.. stuff like building underground, spawning with groups, dogs, and more will be added

I wish people formed an trade area in servers, no one would be allowed to have guns in hands there.

This place is chosen completely by the players of the server, it would be marked in the map, fenced so there would be only one entrance and it was guarded so bandits and such would keep away killing players.

Probably wouldn't ever work because the game is full of douches.

end game content is still being developed.. stuff like building underground, spawning with groups, dogs, and more will be added

i think by the time all this stuff is implemented WAR Z will have already been out for a a few months there are things i dont like about war z but alot of the idea seem really cool so i will see which game is better suited for me

I wish people formed an trade area in servers, no one would be allowed to have guns in hands there.

This place is chosen completely by the players of the server, it would be marked in the map, fenced so there would be only one entrance and it was guarded so bandits and such would keep away killing players.

Probably wouldn't ever work because the game is full of douches.

that exists.

Edited by Dankine

that exists.

Does it really? I thought there would always be douches coming and killing the players or hackers nuking the area or some shit.

I bet it breaks your heart to know rocket wants to add factions into the game eventually.

Honestly a lot of the suggestions you shot down are things rocket wants, but just player driven, not scripted in.

Well then if it's implemented, a good percent of us have an alternative to switch this Fall...

thats kinda a stupid statement like how dare someone suggest some weird fantasy idea to make the game unrealistic lol there are fuckin zombies in the game for Christ sake how bout they remove the zombies and you just get to run around looting and killing people that would be a better idea?

I understand what you're saying since zombies aren't real themselves but Rocket, and community, considers the mod as a simulator. Simulator = real. As badly as the mod is now (olympic running zombies), let's not make it any worse.

Edited by Igor

People can "suggest" what ever they want, the mod is in Alpha. But its up to Rocket to decide what DayZ is or will be regardless of what anyone thinks including you.

Nobody said "safe zones and crap". Everything will have to be player-created.If someone happens to make a safe zone out of five vehicles, some toilet paper and a brick and manages to maintain it - well , then they have beaten the game, imho. Because the easiest way to play Dayz at the moment is Bandit style, gun first, ask later and farm other players for items.

If that is what you want to do in the future, you will find yourself staring at your kill counts only and wonder if you can beat that other guy that has over 500 kills. I am at that point and find myself utterly bored with this being the only option.

Nobody wants rules or scripted events. Everybody wants a vivid and realistic world. Even though zombies aren't realistic they are a great scenario to start the "what if" imaginiation of players. What if I could do that? Then how would I do it? And who would benefit from it, who would I make suffer? The only consequence at the moment is that you're dead after a bullet to the head. There are far more and deeper aspects, I'd like to see explored.

If you just want to keep running and gunning, well that's your choice and you can still do that, anyway.

Edited by S3V3N

Nobody said "safe zones and crap". Everything will have to be player-created.If someone happens to make a safe zone out of five vehicles, some toilet paper and a brick and manages to maintain it - well , then they have beaten the game, imho. Because the easiest way to play Dayz at the moment is Bandit style, gun first, ask later and farm other players for items.

If that is what you want to do in the future, you will find yourself staring at your kill counts only and wonder if you can beat that other guy that has over 500 kills. I am at that point and find myself utterly bored with this being the only option.

Nobody wants rules or scripted events. Everybody wants a vivid and realistic world. Even though zombies aren't realistic they are a great scenario to start the "what if" imaginiation of players. What if I could do that? Then how would I do it? And who would benefit from it, who would I make suffer? The only consequence at the moment is that you're dead after a bullet to the head. There are far more and deeper aspects, I'd like to see explored.

If you just want to keep running and gunning, well that's your choice and you can still do that, anyway.

Well zombies can walk/run through just about any object so goodluck with that.

Nobody said "safe zones and crap". - ok

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50903-non-pvp-servers/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49796-safe-zone/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44037-trains

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34355-new-zombiesinfected/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21003-zombies-hotspots/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28423-survivor-trading-camp

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48131-factions-just-a-matter-of-time

need i say more...?

And you're pro-realism which is what I established in the first place....?

I can definitely see factions in a real life post apocalyptic event.

I can definitely see factions in a real life post apocalyptic event.

Last I read we get cool armbands to use as an indicator of our faction.

A "good percentage of us" have something to switch to in the fall?

Bye.

Yes. If you couldn't tell what I was referring about - maybe this will clear up your confusion....:

warz.jpg

Only if bullshit factions and boss battles are implemented....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WarZ is your savior.

I never said anything about boss battles but factions and underground structures are planned.

If you read anything at all about rocket you'd understand where this game is going.

You're making Yourself look bad. Just do some research on the game before you come here threatening to leave.

Well, boss battles are rubbish, but a lot of the threads you refered me to were either heavy WIP (and need to be read first), or didn't even get replies. I just believe there should be more than one way to play this game, without having to Skype or TS. It should all happen ingame. And for that you need better tools and more stuff to do.

Otherwise it's the same as every other Deathmatch on a much larger map. Also, I think zombies should be a threat that needs players to unite against, instead of laughing at them as you sneak by.

• Like 1