Sabulva

1.7.2.4 Huge Graphic Bugs unplayable

Try the following.

While in game hold shift and hit the - sign on your numpad.

you won't get a text prompt, but regardless:

Type flush, hit enter.

This should fix it.

WOW Dude - This really helps!!!!!

Why isn`t this an official advice since many players have problems with artifacts?

Great Thanks!

I don't have a screenshot ready, but is this the bug where you get single-colored polygons dance wildly around on the screen? Cause that's what I'm getting on certain spots in DayZ. I'll try the Shift+"-" and "flush" <enter> next time when I see this.

Come on people, there is a whole Stickie about this.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49740-graphical-bugs/#entry475793

I still do not understand why people make a Thread without using the SEARCH function.

If I have a problem I look in the tech help or Troubleshooting sections of a Forum.

Why o why do people not do it on these Forums ?

Pfff...

Yeah it's really bad at the moment but hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Apparently it's caused primarily by the latest ARMA2 Patch but exaberated by elements in DayZ.

There are some temporary fixes but thinging permenant at the moment.

Mostly it's a case of just reboot the client and pray it stays bug free for more than 20 minutes =/

WOW Dude - This really helps!!!!!

Why isn`t this an official advice since many players have problems with artifacts?

Great Thanks!

Helps at least for some time. Makes the restart obsolet. Fact is this appeared after the last patch!!

I don't have a screenshot ready, but is this the bug where you get single-colored polygons dance wildly around on the screen? Cause that's what I'm getting on certain spots in DayZ. I'll try the Shift+"-" and "flush" <enter> next time when I see this.

Yes it is.

What I have seen is it is mostly caused by the Private Military Contract DLC. I don't know why; but I had my uninstalled since I was getting some weird errors from it with some other mods I had with it, and I haven't received the artifacting since. Now this isn't me saying go out and buy the PMC DLC. I would wait until this issue is solved because for one I think it is kinda stupid that with the light version you don't even get full HD character textures.

What I have seen is it is mostly caused by the Private Military Contract DLC. I don't know why; but I had my uninstalled since I was getting some weird errors from it with some other mods I had with it, and I haven't received the artifacting since. Now this isn't me saying go out and buy the PMC DLC. I would wait until this issue is solved because for one I think it is kinda stupid that with the light version you don't even get full HD character textures.

Not true.

I have all ArmA DLC since their release day.

I was at NWAF with a friend, he did not have the artifacts, but I did. No idea why this is, he was in game longer. When this happened to me in Stary, I changed my graphics settings then change them back, and that fixed it. At the NWAF it did nothing.

There has been a horrible graphical bug for a few versions (started after 1.7.1.5), it is the next patch notes as fixed.

AMD graphics cards seem to be the ones which were or still are affected.

Not just Radeons, I have GTX 580s, and the bug. I tried Shift+"-" and then typed in "flush", and it did flush the engine. However, this did not yield any positive results. Maybe I'll have to revert to an older ArmA II Beta then..

The artifacts seem to occur, at least for me, after running the game for more than an hour.

Can people suffering from this problem try and note how long they've been running the game, and how much system memory the game is taking up.

Same for me. After some hours playing and being in the area of the NW airfield, it started with minor artifacts. After some minutes the graphics were a total mess, unplayable. I was horribly scared because i was sure that my GTX570 is overheating and now is going to die. I had already changed my fan profile and kept the temp below 60 degrees with the fan running at 90%. I must say reading about it in the forums saved my day !

Some days ago i turned on Vsync and triple buffer for a better picture and less tearing. So this is the first thing i'll turn off again.

You mean this?

Fps have been improving a lot in the last few updates but artifacts are back. They used to be caused by barb-wire fencing I thought?

My machine runs DayZ pretty well mostly I get 50-75 fps but yeah, hope this gets fixed soon.

I'll try the flush command.

http://youtu.be/ydF7lY-qxHo

Specs

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - SP1

Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz @ 3.20GHz (I know, right? lol)

ATI Radeon HD 5850 (Catalyst 12.6) (Stock Speed )

4GB DDR2 (yeah but they are fast as hell)

120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD (holy shit PC boots in <12 sec now)

yea...i have this bug...i think it will somehow cause my death so i decided to stop playing for a bit till new patch

it is hard to play with those weird graphical lines and patches on the screen when looking at diff angle

yea...i have this bug...i think it will somehow cause my death so i decided to stop playing for a bit till new patch

it is hard to play with those weird graphical lines and patches on the screen when looking at diff angle

Seriously? It's an alpha man. Who cares if you die? Your gear is only temporary and given to you so that you can test it and figure out how everything works.

You are a bug-tester so take off your pansy-panties and go fulfill your damn duty as a zombie killing hatchet weaving guinea pig.

If you get killed you move on and try something new. Quit worrying about your gear or the game will not be fun for you.

All you have to do is change your Video settings either one up or down and the distortion is gone. It takes 10 seconds.

I have a GeForce GTX570 Phantom 3, with a GB of GDDR5 RAM and after an hour of playing I see spikey mountains across my screen. So I have to keep turning to try to see what's behind the mountain of fragmented screen. My cooling system means it's shouldn't over heat. I don't like not being able to see where I'm walking. Zombies and snipers being the main reason but even without them, it's a pain.

Demon, I'm glad that worked for you but I have tried a variety of settings and it hasn't helped. I hope your suggestion can help some of the people here. :thumbsup:

Alpo, yes but it's right in front of my face, like five metres away, so I can't walk without bumping into things.

Edited by Sula

I have tried flush and beta downgrading (had to give up Sixlauncher for that), all to no avail though. I'm gonna try and play around with the graphics settings...

I have this even right after starting to play (not just after an hour or so), so far all airfields and some towns plus Chernogorsk are heavily affected.... So all the interesting places are partially or completely off limits now, as I just can't see anything anymore. :(

Edit: I just tried it at an airfield, and changing the graphics options actually does something. While it didn't get rid of the problem entirely, setting "Object Detail" lower in the advanced video properties made the problem less and less prominent with every notch down. Also, reducing shadow quality did a similar thing.

However, behaviour is not entirely deterministic I would say, lol. I changed terrain quality from very high to normal or something and then the entire screen was garbled. Changing it back didn't help, I had to change the object detail again to kind of fix it. Well, yeah.

At least with my current settings, affected areas seem to be playable, as those polygons just pop up every now and then, but they don't block my entire vision that badly anymore. Better than nothing I'd say.

Edited by GrandAdmiralThrawn

This bug really sucks. I stoie a truck full of guns and was heading to pick up a friend when that damn bug filled up the entire screen suddenly and I crashed into a ruined car and blew up.