Xiroth

I've murdered 110 people, I'm still alive, and i'm coming for your beans...

You have to ruin someone else's fun to an extent in any FPS.

The difference between DayZ and BF3 is that killing people is the objective in BF3. It is a sport. You are competing against each other. If you want to make the argument that killing someone in BF3 is ruining their fun, then, essentially, everyone is trying to ruin everyone else's fun who isn't on their team. And everyone who is playing the game has consented to this.

There's nothing wrong with ruining someone else's fun when they're trying to ruin yours. It's like...self-enjoyment-defense.

I would equate needlessly murdering people in DayZ to teamkilling in BF3.

The objective in BF3 is to kill your opponents, but (in hardcore mode, at least) you can kill your teammates. This isn't what you're supposed to do, yet you have the option to do it.

The objective in DayZ (to my knowledge, at least) is to survive, but you can kill people that aren't a threat to you. This isn't what you're supposed to do, yet you have the option to do it.

Yes, it's a sandbox game. You can do whatever you want. That doesn't mean you should kill people, though, and it certainly doesn't mean it's okay.

The fact that you can do something is not an excuse for doing it.

Edited by Outlawled
  • Like 1

105 murders, 5 bandit kills... me smell freshspawn slaughtering

If 15% of the population have murdered someone else, you'd expect him to have an average of 15 bandit kills if each person who has murdered has only killed 1 person. Of course, seeing as he has over a 100 kills, I think you can clearly see why he doesn't have 15 bandit kills. It's just a pity that you're too dumb to comprehend that.

The difference between DayZ and BF3 is that killing people is the objective in BF3. It is a sport. You are competing against each other. If you want to make the argument that killing someone in BF3 is ruining their fun, then, essentially, everyone is trying to ruin everyone else's fun who isn't on their team at all times. And everyone who is playing the game has consented to this.

There's nothing wrong with ruining someone else's fun when they're trying to ruin yours. It's like...self-enjoyment-defense.

The objective in BF3 is to kill your opponents, but (in hardcore mode, at least) you can kill your teammates. This isn't what you're supposed to do, yet you have the option to do it.

The objective in DayZ (to my knowledge, at least) is to survive, but you can kill people that aren't a threat to you. This isn't what you're supposed to do, yet you have the option to do it.

Yes, it's a sandbox game. You can do whatever you want. That doesn't mean you should kill people, though, and it certainly doesn't mean it's okay.

Okay, you survive and then what? This isn't a MMO whereby you kill harder mobs as time passes and it doesn't have an objective for you to find a cure or rebuild the world. Your ideals for this game would make it just like the Sims, except with less character progression and more zombies.

Edited by Ceddya

So much jelly and hate im getting sick!

If 15% of the population have murdered someone else, you'd expect him to have an average of 15 bandit kills if each person who has murdered has only killed 1 person. Of course, seeing as he has over a 100 kills, I think you can clearly see why he doesn't have 15 bandit kills. It's just a pity that you're too dumb to comprehend that.

butthurt much?3 posts all in this fred, geez

and wat dafuq you`re talking about where do you got those numbers from.

explains nothing but thx for the try

The crosshair... omg people..

Must be a big deal since you created an account to whine about people not seeing something about the crosshair. Great job!

The crosshair is an as50, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Yeah, the red "X" which is slightly out of lines totally belongs to as50 crosshair.. :)

edit: @Sgt Abraham Ford

(Yeah it can be photoshopped though)

Edited by stefeman

The amount of butthurt is strong in this thread.

Xiroth, haters gonna hate, awesome job with those kills. That really is an achievement.

I am sort of new to this bandit deal, but I suppose I'm doing okay, we run a squad on our server too. We run a larger squad than you but it's generally less functional, only a few of us have the tactical mind to work together.

My character is 8 days old and I'm working with an AS50 and M249, just got the SAW yesterday but had the AS50 for days and FINALLY got my very first kill with it yesterday, 500m shot, nothing special, but gah it was awesome! Chalks me up to 6 murders and 1 bandit kill, but I've been playin it safe a lot.

Again, awesome job!

• Like 1

To my knowledge, there isn't a set of rules in Day Z. There is no objective. You are simply given a set of starting items and a hunger/thirst. You set your OWN objectives.

You're not better than someone else because you're not a bandit. You simply have a different set of objectives that you've given yourself.

I don't care if the OP sits there and kills newly spawned players. If that's his personal objective, then that's his objective. I've said this a couple times, but Day Z might not be the game for you. I'm not judging you, per se, but when you complain that bandits are doing something they aren't 'supposed' to do, while Rocket (He made the mod btw) said taking banditry out of the game would essentially break the game (paraphrasing), well, I think you're supposed to play something else.

Grats, you made DayZ experience extremly more enjoyable -.-

Yeah, the red "X" which is slightly out of lines totally belongs to as50 crosshair :)

No wonder the servers are full of multi-hackers when players are this dumb.. people who did not realize this made me so pissed i had to register in order to post this.

edit: @Sgt Abraham Ford

(Yeah it can be photoshopped though)

I see nothing wrong with that crosshair. That is a normal AS50 crosshair, AFAIK. If you have proof that says otherwise, please present it. I'd love to know if there is something wrong with my AS50 as well. Screenshots below.

wd5pa.jpgZB4Qw.jpg

Edited by Squirreli

Looked quite suspicious to me..

Wierd, since as when i search, things like this comes up

450px-AS50.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I guess it's a new update then? or you have something to explain :P

In any case, havent gotten one in my hands for a quite while now, so i wouldn't know for sure.

Edited by stefeman

There's nothing wrong with it? It is indeed an AS50.... Do you know why I use it? Because its 100% disconnect proof if you hit your target.

My previous best was just over 30 and I was mainly using assault rifles. About 50% of people I shot, or shot at disconnected.... The AS50 and M107 are the only two that stop this happening.

Looked quite suspicious to me..

Wierd, since as when i search, things like this comes up

450px-AS50.jpg

I guess it's a new update then? or you have something to explain :P

In any case, havent gotten one in my hands for a quite while now, so i wouldn't know for sure.

The a-bit-offset red cross is visible in your topmost image also. Not in the videos though. Strange. Maybe the crosshair differs a bit with different detail levels or resolutions, or maybe with ammo used? AS50 does eat both it's own and M107 ammo. My screencap was with M107 ammo. Dunno. Strange.

Edited by Squirreli

Yeah, strange indeed..

Asked from my friend, and he claimed that he did not have such thing 2 weeks ago.

Edited by stefeman

To my knowledge, there isn't a set of rules in Day Z. There is no objective. You are simply given a set of starting items and a hunger/thirst. You set your OWN objectives.

You're not better than someone else because you're not a bandit. You simply have a different set of objectives that you've given yourself.

I don't care if the OP sits there and kills newly spawned players. If that's his personal objective, then that's his objective. I've said this a couple times, but Day Z might not be the game for you. I'm not judging you, per se, but when you complain that bandits are doing something they aren't 'supposed' to do, while Rocket (He made the mod btw) said taking banditry out of the game would essentially break the game (paraphrasing), well, I think you're supposed to play something else.

At it's core, DayZ is a survival game. The only objective the game gives you is to survive. You can do whatever you want while you're surviving, but your main goal is still just surviving.

So you don't need to kill anyone unless they're a direct threat to your person.

The point I'm making is that killing people in DayZ, much like in real life, is fucked up. To a lesser degree, yes, but it's still fucked up.

I realize you don't care if the OP sits on a hill and kills newly spawned players, what I'm saying is that that's the problem. You don't care about anyone else's enjoyment. You are a cunt.

I'm not saying they need to get rid of bandits, I'm not saying you guys have to stop killing everyone because it's against the rules, I'm saying that you are all cunts.

That's all I ever wanted to get across.

You are a cunt.

You are a cunt now, and you will forever be a cunt.

Because if you need someone to explain to you why it's wrong to do something at the expense of another human being, you are a lost cause.

I never said anything about bandits in my other post, by the way.

Getting 100 murders and then posting a screenshot of your "achievement" is not being a bandit.

Banditry is killing someone for their food/water/gear or just plain robbing them (because you don't actually need to kill someone to rob them).

And I don't hate you assholes, either. If it wasn't for you, I'd have no one to hunt. See, I'm not an asshole. I don't kill people that are minding their own business trying to play the game. I kill cunts who don't understand that their actions affect other people.

• Like 7