Sign in to follow this  
Carl's Sr.

Im scared... but not of the Zombies

Solution:

Put fucktons of zombies in the cities, because that's realistic in a zombie apocalypse.

Could eliminate player sniping if they knew that 30 zombies would come at they ass.

Also, it would add to scare or realism factor of the game.

I suggest this isn't implemented till D.I. (Dumbass intellect) is removed from the zombies, because no one wants 25 zombies telporting on they ass, because they let off an accidental round.

Also, don't be mean, and attack me for putting up my opinions (I'm just trying to help the game like yall)

• Like 1

It would be cool if there was new zombies that are more dangerous, but it needs to stay realistic, don't go left 4 dead on us.

that was my 100th post, APPRECIATE IT

Edited by CHOSENMARINE

It would be cool if there was new zombies that are more dangerous, but it needs to stay realistic, don't go left 4 dead on us.

that was my 100th post, APPRECIATE IT

i think i have to go left 4 dead on you all, this is a zombie survival game (barely) and there is nothing more realistic than a zombie apocolypse, a tank would be good because it gives players something to fear about going up north, other than snipers camping with dmr's or as50's and while most of you dont share my idea for adding a tank, many agree that the zombies are no threat to anyone but newer players.

the reason i have to "go left 4 dead" on you guys is because either way i put it if i suggest a special type of zombie (that isnt a regular zombie) some other guy would say, "oh like left 4 dead?" my point being that you cant really suggest a more advanced zombie without it being refered to as that game

and while suggesting special infected zombies may be a bit "unrealistic" they would add a greater challenge to the game

and once again lets not forget how realistic a zombie apocolypse is

i think i have to go left 4 dead on you all, this is a zombie survival game (barely) and there is nothing more realistic than a zombie apocolypse, a tank would be good because it gives players something to fear about going up north, other than snipers camping with dmr's or as50's and while most of you dont share my idea for adding a tank, many agree that the zombies are no threat to anyone but newer players.

the reason i have to "go left 4 dead" on you guys is because either way i put it if i suggest a special type of zombie (that isnt a regular zombie) some other guy would say, "oh like left 4 dead?" my point being that you cant really suggest a more advanced zombie without it being refered to as that game

and while suggesting special infected zombies may be a bit "unrealistic" they would add a greater challenge to the game

and once again lets not forget how realistic a zombie apocolypse is

No please no. Special infected aren't in the spirit of this mod. This isn't some mutating virus like Resident Evil or anything. Left 4 Dead is a linear shooter, the special infected are the added obstacle to make it interesting and challenging.

In DayZ the added challenge is the fact of perma-death, survival needs, and players posing a very huge threat. Zombie numbers just need to increase to make decisions more costly (if you shoot that guy, 30 zombies are gonna be on your ass). But that should not happen until standalone is achieved, Zombie AI and animations are fixed up, and sneaking around is much more plausible.

In DayZ the added challenge is the fact of perma-death, survival needs, and players posing a very huge threat. Zombie numbers just need to increase to make decisions more costly (if you shoot that guy, 30 zombies are gonna be on your ass). But that should not happen until standalone is achieved, Zombie AI and animations are fixed up, and sneaking around is much more plausible.

no because zombie numbers mean nothing, 50 zombies can be chasing you for that matter and all you would have to do is go through a barn and they would get stuck trying to walk through it, and even death means nothing when all you have to do is find a lee enfield and you can one hit almost anything with the ammo being as common as tin cans

NO SPECIAL ZOMBIES , that shit is SOOOOOOOO lame.

and why would that be? are the normal zombies to much for you to handle?

thats an excellent idea, even these types of variety in zombies provide a decent challenge

if you guys want special zombies play left for dead. the main focus of DayZ is SURVIVAL HORROR, not some silly monster movie plot line.

no because zombie numbers mean nothing, 50 zombies can be chasing you for that matter and all you would have to do is go through a barn and they would get stuck trying to walk through it, and even death means nothing when all you have to do is find a lee enfield and you can one hit almost anything with the ammo being as common as tin cans

You didn't actually read his post did you?

He was saying that this should not happen until after zombie AI is fixed, where running through a barn isn't a plausable method of losing zombies.

If there are a number of zombies after you, reload time and ammo capacity will play a large factor in whether you can take them out and come out unscathed.

and why would that be? are the normal zombies to much for you to handle?

"special" zombies would make this game more unoriginal and generic. Almost as if Rocket would be saying "Hey I'm unoriginal and can't think for myself, what did L4D do?"

I would prefer zombies being beefed up and having their numbers increased, as opposed to putting in unrealistic "special" zombies.

if you guys want special zombies play left for dead. the main focus of DayZ is SURVIVAL HORROR, not some silly monster movie plot line.

left 4 dead doesnt have the rpg element this game has, if you have something against people suggesting new elements to this game you shouldnt be on this forum, as far as survival horror goes zombies mean nothing... REALLY, so if you think this game is survival horror than so is counter strike and COD

"special" zombies would make this game more unoriginal and generic. Almost as if Rocket would be saying "Hey I'm unoriginal and can't think for myself, what did L4D do?"

I would prefer zombies being beefed up and having their numbers increased, as opposed to putting in unrealistic "special" zombies.

unoriginal and generic? show me any game like dayz

and what do you mean by "unrealistic special infected"? are you saying that the regular infected are realistic? i have yet to see anything like them in real life, but thats just me

left 4 dead doesnt have the rpg element this game has, if you have something against people suggesting new elements to this game you shouldnt be on this forum, as far as survival horror goes zombies mean nothing... REALLY, so if you think this game is survival horror than so is counter strike and COD

im thinking you think you know what the term SURVIVAL HORROR means, but im not sure you know what that means. and this really isnt RPG because there are no roles for people to play. its a different genre all together. the suggestions that mean the most are what increase the tension overall and not what turns this game into a circus

im thinking you think you know what the term SURVIVAL HORROR means, but im not sure you know what that means. and this really isnt RPG because there are no roles for people to play. its a different genre all together. the suggestions that mean the most are what increase the tension overall and not what turns this game into a circus

maybe i dont know what survival horror means, would you please explain what it means to me then? im pretty sure im confused as i find no horror in the gameplay, and yes you play the role of a survivor in a zombie apocalypse, that is a role after all, assuming you own a dictionary, i dont see how adding newer types of zombies would turn the game into a circus, playing this game with only one easy npc enemy would be like playing through a super mario game where all you did was stomp goomba's (assuming you are familiar with super mario and know what a goomba is) so why not add some new blood to the enemy list and make it a challenge for those who dont hang out by the coast looking for a makarov all day?

Edited by Carl's Sr.

unoriginal and generic? show me any game like dayz

and what do you mean by "unrealistic special infected"? are you saying that the regular infected are realistic? i have yet to see anything like them in real life, but thats just me

I seem to recall several instances in Florida recently that had to do with actual people consuming flesh off of other living people.

It isn't that far fetched to think that some kind of mental illness or disease could cause people to revert to more primal/aggressive instincts.

Whereas zombies that are 4 times the size of a normal person, run as fast as a car, or hit like a truck aren't plausable.

I like your argument though, acting as if games with unnatural aspects shouldn't have realism spread throughout those aspects.

While we're at it, let's give everybody the chance to find a "donkey-pegasus" in the wild. and with 4 pieces of scrap metal they can put battle armor on it and ride it around and crash through buildings. YYYeeeeeaaaaaaah

maybe i dont know what survival horror means, would you please explain what it means to me then? im pretty sure im confused as i find no horror in the gameplay, and yes you play the role of a survivor in a zombie apocalypse, that is a role after all, assuming you own a dictionary, i dont see how adding newer types of zombies would turn the game into a circus, playing this game with only one easy npc enemy would be like playing through a super mario game where all you did was stomp goomba's (assuming you are familiar with super mario and know what a goomba is) so why not add some new blood to the enemy list and make it a challenge for those who dont hang out by the coast looking for a makarov all day?

Survival is a no brainer. hunting, sneaking, finding clean water, shelter, heat....

Horror means fear, dread, being scared of something to the point you dont want it near you and go out of your way to keep it that way.

adding new zombie types would turn it into a circus because its totally unrealistic. Rocket's brother is into virology. there is no virus that causes a person to balloon and throw cars or puke acid or crawl on walls.

RPG means you play a fixed roll. healer, tank, dps, CC... these things. you are everything in this game. its sad the term RPG has been dumped down to mean anything one can do in CoD.

im also aware of who mario was before he became super

they can make the current zombies harder by making it head shots only and increasing their numbers, and improve pathing so dont slow down in buildings. Line of sight still works as is though.

I seem to recall several instances in Florida recently that had to do with actual people consuming flesh off of other living people.

It isn't that far fetched to think that some kind of mental illness or disease could cause people to revert to more primal/aggressive instincts.

Whereas zombies that are 4 times the size of a normal person, run as fast as a car, or hit like a truck aren't plausable.

I like your argument though, acting as if games with unnatural aspects shouldn't have realism spread throughout those aspects.

While we're at it, let's give everybody the chance to find a "donkey-pegasus" in the wild. and with 4 pieces of scrap metal they can put battle armor on it and ride it around and crash through buildings. YYYeeeeeaaaaaaah

yeah youre right that one incident with a crazy man lead to the whole zombie outbreak in Florida, oh how could i forget such a thing?

oh no i have no problem with the realism, i like that you have to eat and drink when you need to, you just have a problem with the unnatural aspects and making the game a challenge, but listen if the zombies in the game are to tough for you, the next time you spawn in just go out in the middle of the forest and wait, theres almost a 0% chance of death, maybe you can make it past day 2

Survival is a no brainer. hunting, sneaking, finding clean water, shelter, heat....

Horror means fear, dread, being scared of something to the point you dont want it near you and go out of your way to keep it that way.

adding new zombie types would turn it into a circus because its totally unrealistic. Rocket's brother is into virology. there is no virus that causes a person to balloon and throw cars or puke acid or crawl on walls.

RPG means you play a fixed roll. healer, tank, dps, CC... these things. you are everything in this game. its sad the term RPG has been dumped down to mean anything one can do in CoD.

im also aware of who mario was before he became super

they can make the current zombies harder by making it head shots only and increasing their numbers, and improve pathing so dont slow down in buildings. Line of sight still works as is though.

while i agree there is a survival aspect of this game, there is really no horror in it as far as zombies go, all the horror in this game can be found in any other shooter pvp game, so we can just say its a survival shooter game why not?

and im not saying that he should adopt all the special infected from l4d, im suggesting that there should be stronger zombies like the tank (no boomers/spitter/and all the other crap) have you ever seen those buff guys irl that are almost 100% muscle? theres nothing fake about that except for all the steroids they eat

yes and in this game your fixed role is a survivor which happens to fall among all those roles

and if you knew who mario was than you would agree that the game becomes more challenging as you progressed from worlds 1-8 am i correct? harder monster, platforms etc, why not add harder zombies in this game? like buff zombies, fast, and fat zombies (not ones that vomit) is it to much to ask for a challenge rather than cater to the noobs?

and yeah i agree with your solution as well about fixing the pathing and increasing their numbers (which would only work if they can run in/through buildings), the headshots might make it a bit to extreme but i could still handle it

are you srsly trying to compare jumping on mushroom men to dayz

EDIT: you know what makes people scared of Zombies really, its the fear or being eaten alive. its the greatest fear of any man or woman... EVER

Edited by Dimes123

are you srsly trying to compare jumping on mushroom men to dayz

EDIT: you know what makes people scared of Zombies really, its the fear or being eaten alive. its the greatest fear of any man or woman... EVER

did you not get the comparison i made? let me break it down so even you can understand it, mario gets harder as you go to higher levels, dayZ stays at the same difficulty regardless of where in the map you are and when and what time you decide to do things, do you now understand why i brought up mario or are you gonna keep playing dumb?

are you kidding me? fear of being eaten alive? in this game the animation for that is so terrible i can sit back and watch it all day, there is nothing scary about the zombies at all, if youre scared of them my advice is dont go into towns or areas they spawn

Edited by Carl's Sr.

thats part of the point, you cant be afraid of what makes the zombie a good monster. there has to be other ways of making the scary but believable.

yeah youre right that one incident with a crazy man lead to the whole zombie outbreak in Florida, oh how could i forget such a thing?

oh no i have no problem with the realism, i like that you have to eat and drink when you need to, you just have a problem with the unnatural aspects and making the game a challenge, but listen if the zombies in the game are to tough for you, the next time you spawn in just go out in the middle of the forest and wait, theres almost a 0% chance of death, maybe you can make it past day 2

Yea, that one incident, right?

5/16: McArthur High School HazMat Situation

Students, Teachers Decontaminated After Breaking Out In Rash

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/mcarthur-high-school-contamination_n_1521764.html

5/19: No confirmation on chemical at Fort Lauderdale International Airport

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/terminal-2-evacuated-at-fort-lauderdale-airport-in-hazmat-scare

5/21: Police: Man bites woman in Westchester http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/westchester/newsnow/x639948018/Police-Man-bites-woman-in-Westchester

5/23: I-285 reopens after hazmat incident

http://www.wesh.com/r/31112110/detail.html

5/23: Man Bites Cousin’s Nose Off

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Man-Bites-Cousins-Nose-Off-153100125.html

5/24: Second Broward school reports mystery rash http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/24/2815003/second-broward-school-reports.html

5/25: Hazmat Called After Kids Exposed To Pesticide On Bus: Hazmat, EMS Respond To Lake County, FL School

http://www.wesh.com/r/31112110/detail.html

5/25: ‘Disoriented’ passenger subdued on flight in Miami http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/25/passenger-restrained-on-flight-to-miami-arrested/

5/26: Naked Man Allegedly Eating Victim’s Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/26/naked-man-eating-victims-face-killed-miami_n_1548359.html

5/26: Florida Doctor Spits Blood at Highway Patrolmen After DUI Arrest http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-doctor-spits-blood-troopers-face-dui-arrest/story?id=16436402

I could see how you'd be off by at least a factor of 10

And as I've already stated, the outbreak could quite easily be caused by a viral outbreak of sorts.

Reverting humans to more primal animals and increasing aggression.

There are several logical theories about how a "zombie apocalypse" could come about.

As for the issue of toughness, I have no problem with zombies being toughened; in fact I would embrace that change with open arms.

When you start to make zombies into creatures with overgrown bodies and unrealistic qualities of strength or speed, that's when I feel you're going too far.

If Rocket were to fix the AI, it would be a great idea to make them hit harder(harder than a normal person would, but not beyond human limitation) and to give them larger numbers. I would also like to see them out in forests, the idea of roaming hordes sounds quite interesting.

Your responses are quite entertaining though, attempting to belittle those who have oppinions differing from your own.

Makes me feel quite nostalgic

• Like 1

thats part of the point, you cant be afraid of what makes the zombie a good monster. there has to be other ways of making the scary but believable.

but my point is that they aren't scary nor even a challenge at the moment, they dont spawn in the forests, they dont spawn outsides of towns, theyre all one shot deaths with ak's or m4a1's and until recently m1911s and revolvers (which are common spawns at balota airfield/tents and elektro firehouse), as long as they do next to nothing damage, and dont spawn anywhere other than towns theres still no real challenge, thats why buff/fat zombies might add the fear that these ones dont, the buff zombies can hit harders, the fat ones can take more bullets

the normals ones dont add any fear to the game, the only fear comes from other players at the moment

Yea, that one incident, right?

5/16: McArthur High School HazMat Situation

Students, Teachers Decontaminated After Breaking Out In Rash

http://www.huffingto..._n_1521764.html

5/19: No confirmation on chemical at Fort Lauderdale International Airport

http://www.wptv.com/...in-hazmat-scare

5/21: Police: Man bites woman in Westchester http://www.mysuburba...-in-Westchester

5/23: I-285 reopens after hazmat incident

http://www.wesh.com/...110/detail.html

5/23: Man Bites Cousin’s Nose Off

http://www.nbcsandie...-153100125.html

5/24: Second Broward school reports mystery rash http://www.miamihera...ol-reports.html

5/25: Hazmat Called After Kids Exposed To Pesticide On Bus: Hazmat, EMS Respond To Lake County, FL School

http://www.wesh.com/...110/detail.html

5/25: ‘Disoriented’ passenger subdued on flight in Miami http://www.foxnews.c...miami-arrested/

5/26: Naked Man Allegedly Eating Victim’s Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police

http://www.huffingto..._n_1548359.html

5/26: Florida Doctor Spits Blood at Highway Patrolmen After DUI Arrest http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=16436402

I could see how you'd be off by at least a factor of 10

And as I've already stated, the outbreak could quite easily be caused by a viral outbreak of sorts.

Reverting humans to more primal animals and increasing aggression.

There are several logical theories about how a "zombie apocalypse" could come about.

As for the issue of toughness, I have no problem with zombies being toughened; in fact I would embrace that change with open arms.

When you start to make zombies into creatures with overgrown bodies and unrealistic qualities of strength or speed, that's when I feel you're going too far.

If Rocket were to fix the AI, it would be a great idea to make them hit harder(harder than a normal person would, but not beyond human limitation) and to give them larger numbers. I would also like to see them out in forests, the idea of roaming hordes sounds quite interesting.

Your responses are quite entertaining though, attempting to belittle those who have oppinions differing from your own.

Makes me feel quite nostalgic

wow... thats all sorts of weird...

im just saying that zombies should be tougher and you come in with all this?

but just a heads up, there has not yet been a zombies outbreak or apocalypse, just because a man bites another person it doesnt mean theyre a zombie, just because people develop rashes (which exposure to many chemicals including pesticides) cause it doesnt mean they are turning into zombies,

and did you know their are chemicals and even bacteria that increase human senses and strength as well, so how come when you belittle my idea and call it "unrealistic" to make zombies stronger by comparing the idea to a "donkey-pegasus" in the wild, its ok?

Edited by Carl's Sr.

Carl poses a good point, there should be zombie types added to the game. He's not necessarily saying a tank right out of L4D, but for instance a stronger individual who is faster and stronger. This thread has been blown a bit out of whack, and if you ever want your voice heard... Enough with the shots at each other. Suggestions are often looked the other way from as soon as a bickering comes out. The idea of faster zombies is good as well, but I think we are forgetting this mod is still in very early alpha. The sheer fact it works this well right now is a pretty good accomplishment as is.

More zombies, less bullets, less guns, different varieties of loot. All things that should and I'm almost positive are being added to the game. But as said previously the glitches and kinks need to be worked out. I don't know how much everyone knows about scripting and program writing, but it's not as easy as just putting a character type in and running it. All the glitches in the game now are due to gaps in coding. Those need to be fixed before more elaborate things can be added or the mod could very possibly break. One problem at a time folks.

As of now I feel a slight problem aside from the zombies being "balls-to-the-floor-dumb" is the fact that you can acquire pretty good weaponry and ammo without having to work very hard. One of my favorite aspects of the game is the fact that you find something cool and want to keep it. You are cautious and can end up losing it upon death. Players are the only factor to a seasoned day-z player that can interrupt your success. Zombies are glorified bullet sponges to stop this from being Arma II with food and water. I truly enjoy this mod, and it is going far quickly, but certain things must be fixed first.

These suggestions are heeded when spoken of in civilized and ready terms. I like the ideas posted here, I do not like the fighting, and I'm sure that we can share our ideals without having to insult one another's intelligence. I know we are all very much capable of such things. I like the posts your are all making aside from the shots. It's good to have your thoughts out there so they can be built and added on. The game needs new content or it will die off like most game mods. The thing that sets this apart from the rest is for now, there are new things being added.

P.S. sorry for any misspellings, bit late for me to be typing a lot.

Edited by Psycho360
  • Like 1

wow... thats all sorts of weird...

im just saying that zombies should be tougher and you come in with all this?

but just a heads up, there has not yet been a zombies outbreak or apocalypse, just because a man bites another person it doesnt mean theyre a zombie, just because people develop rashes (which exposure to many chemicals including pesticides) cause it doesnt mean they are turning into zombies,

and did you know their are chemicals and even bacteria that increase human senses and strength as well, so how come when you belittle my idea and call it "unrealistic" to make zombies stronger by comparing the idea to a "donkey-pegasus" in the wild, its ok?

That was a response to you saying that zombies are unrealistic, when the possibility of an infection that produces zombie-like qualities is very plausable.

If you would have actually read my post, you'd have seen that I have no problems with making zombies stronger in fact I believe i said "it would be a great idea to make them hit harder(harder than a normal person would, but not beyond human limitation)"

Normal people have a part of their brain that keeps them from using their full strength(to keep the muscles and bones from being strained), and quite a few people are born with a defect in this part of their brain due to many kind of disorders, and I'm sure theres bacteria that cause this too, but these people aren't bypassing human limitation.

Your idea to add zombies in the style of L4D is bad, but as I stated zombies should be made tougher.

Tougher does not mean making them cartoonishly disproportionate, giving them the speed of a gazelle, or giving them more muscle mass.