I have seen a lot of posts around about the need for a sustainable endgame and I thought I would pitch in my idea. I was thinking that zombie dungeons would be added to the game. These dungeons in my mind would be a lot like a left 4 dead level that could only be performed by players with high end gear. The loot from such runs would make the dungeon worth taking plus it would bring groups together to actually fight ZOMBIES!

I just want to hear what you guys think and bear in mind that this idea is very open for revision. :)

Try giving us some cool back-story to at least persuade us why this thing would be put in the game next time. It just seems weird to implement such of thing for no reason :/

You haven't explained your idea and how it might work in a game like Day Z.

The way I see it there should be high-value places that are really hard to get in and out of, like hospitals and military bases, that are swarming with zombies and have many corridors and floors to negotiate before reaching the best loot. This is something I think is missing from Day Z you don't really have to commit to get the good loot, it's too easy to find. You should have to go through an ordeal to get the best stuff, it should take at least ten minutes to get in and out of these prime locations.

you know, this might not be a bad idea. Just more suicide-run loot locations, like the northwest airfield and such.

I say hell no, because that will be the only thing that people will do. They won't even play the game for what it is now. The only thing people will be thinking of is "end game", and that will be the only goal. SCREW having fun rushing into a barn with your best friend to grab a Winchester and fend off the infected that followed you. SCREW looting residential houses for necessary loot like food. SCREW going anywhere up north, because you'll just get an office in front of the dungeon that will give you guns and ammo (it'd be inevitable). No one is going to want to go anywhere because there's going to be people with "end game" gear just taking people out even more than there are now. I do NOT want a dungeon, what, is it going to be the mad scientist who released the infection and has a castle north of Berezino?

Maybe not dungeons, but instanced buildings. You know, the non interable kind. They have hard zombies in them but good loot. Also, you shouldn't use the term dungeon because it scares ignorant, closed-minded fucktards :)

Maybe not dungeons, but instanced buildings. You know, the non interable kind. They have hard zombies in them but good loot. Also, you shouldn't use the term dungeon because it scares ignorant, closed-minded fucktards :)

How about instead we make the map a little bigger, add a few more military bases and large cities. Then we make zombie spawns higher in big cities and military areas; possibly making military zombies more difficult as well.

That way, you have to work to get high grade loot instead of raiding NW airfield on a server with nobody on it

I've been to the dungeons in DayZ. It was the NWAF. It had leet loot, and lots of zombies, and some crazy snipers.

Every time I venture back to Cherno for medical supplies, which is pretty top tier loot, it's like running a dungeon....

I value your idea, and I agree that zed could be stepped up, but I'm not liking the whole instanced for better loot thing, because I fear, as was mentioned above, people would merely camp there and farm that, and we already do that with zones of this map. There needs to always be the element of other players killing you, or at least being able to interact with for loot, otherwise it's far too easy.

Dungeon, instance, same crap man. I've played enough MMO's to know how they go. This is not the right function for this game, you'd be making an entirely new mod after a mod. An ArmA II instance mod where you fight zombies. People shouldn't have to go into dungeons to get the best loot. I enjoy the fact that if I'm careful and patient, I can make my way to a military base and get equipment, but once you make it so that there is a function like an instance just like World of Warcraft where the instances are the only place to get great gear.. Then the magic of the game is lost. Is there anything else to WoW besides crushing through instance after instance to get the gear needed for PvP? No. No one likes the stupid quests that make you kill X amount of X to get X.