TouRzx

Zombies never die... hear me out

ok hear me out.... just say i shoot a zombie they will pass out or some shit, they will fall down to the for idk lets say 10 mins for now... unless u shoot them in the head, but everytime u "make them pass out" they will get weaker and weaker untill eventually they die...

anyway seemed like a good idea to me

• Like 1

Zombies sometimes do fall down when they are shoot and then crawl towards you

I understand the suggestion, but what I don't get is the point. What's the point if the zombie is unconscious for 10 minutes? Most likely you'll be out of the area by then, and they'll just shamble around aimlessly again. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I am legitimately confused as to what this would accomplish.

I understand the suggestion, but what I don't get is the point. What's the point if the zombie is unconscious for 10 minutes? Most likely you'll be out of the area by then, and they'll just shamble around aimlessly again. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I am legitimately confused as to what this would accomplish.

because it would be alot easier to get around and a soughta trap for other players that are hunting u or just strolling

I think what he means is, unless you get a headshot, zombies only go unconscious when you shoot them.

Example: You expend you clip into a zombies chest and the entrance of an apartment. You proceed to continue inside the apartment for supplies. When you exit, the zombie you had taken down is climbing to its feet and notices you, beginning to attack.

and a bit more realistic, if zombies are "undead"

Would it help servers by not having to respawn zombies all the time?

Why would a zombie pass out?

good point as i said "lets just say past out for now" until i think of something better

Why would a zombie pass out?

I agree... zombies do not feel pain and just lose the ability to pursue it's victim, unless shot at the "control panel".

In the other hand... zombies are a fairy tale.

Like I said before, I get the premise I just don't get what it would accomplish. Put bluntly, it seems like an overly complicated and useless mechanic.

I agree... zombies do not feel pain and just lose the ability to pursue it's victim, unless shot at the "control panel".

In the other hand... zombies are a fairy tale.

"lets just say past out for now"

thats bullshit. have you imagined what happns to a body if you unload into it, lets say for instance, 50 buckshots? or few mags of .50cal BMG?

cuz thats goin to happen with them with you system. probably not, and i doubt that something would`ve left after that. and you want thats bits of ash to stand back after 10 min? damn...

That would depend on the mod's "Lore". I read somewhere they are not undead, but infected living people, more like Left 4 Dead. I have to confirm that of course.

thats bullshit. have you imagined what happns to a body if you unload into it, lets say for instance, 50 buckshots? or few mags of .50cal BMG?

cuz thats goin to happen with them with you system. probably not, and i doubt that something would`ve left after that. and you want thats bits of ash to stand back after 10 min? damn...

yeh well it wont be like that for every gun, likesure i can imagine the body being fucked up after being shot with a shotgun or sniper but like a makarov or a 1911

Unload a full AK-74 clip into zombie

doesn't die just passes out....

hahaha kbro

yeh well its more comlex then that, its not just gonna be simple, it would depend on where tehy got shot and how they got shot and what they got shot with

yeh well its more comlex then that, its not just gonna be simple, it would depend on where tehy got shot and how they got shot and what they got shot with

why make such unimportant thing such complex? you shoot it and it just dies, and never stands up.

why make such unimportant thing such complex? you shoot it and it just dies, and never stands up.

cause it adds more of a realist component of shot 3 bullets dies

cause it adds more of a realist component of shot 3 bullets dies

i mean it adds more of a realistic component, then just shoot 3 bullets dies

It is my understanding that the zombies featured in DayZ are afflicted by some sort of disease or infection and are not corpses rising up from the dead. With this in mind, it is hard to justify why what supposedly is just a diseased human should be able to take more damage and abuse than an able-bodied person. The enemies and environments within DayZ are supposed to be at least a little realistic in their own respects, and I feel that if the zombies become extremely hard to destroy (more so than what would be expected from a diseased human) it would detract from the overall experience, immersion, and realism. Personally, I think we should keep as far away as possible from the sort of 'supernatural' zombie you've suggested and stick with what they currently are: people with a disease that makes them aggressive, irrational (or, at least a less intelligent), and hungry for us non-infected individuals (as evident by the eating animation that the zombies use when they attack the unconscious).

they. are. not. Zombies.

Zombies don't run, can't climb fkin ladders and don't punch you

And they can't open fuckin doors.

They.

are.

INFECTED.

learn the difference...

EDIT:

to the halfwit who posted before me: they are not as sturdy as a normal human, they have around 4000 blood, aka 1/3 of a normal human.

Edited by Euryale

they. are. not. Zombies.

Zombies don't run, can't climb fkin ladders and don't punch you

And they can't open fuckin doors.

They.

are.

INFECTED.

learn the difference...

EDIT:

to the halfwit who posted before me: they are not as sturdy as a normal human, they have around 4000 blood, aka 1/3 of a normal human.

I'm not implying that they are or should be as strong as normal humans. I'm not sure if I didn't word myself correctly or if you misinterpreted, but I'm AGAINST zombies being anywhere near as strong as normal humans, and am not saying they currently are. I was referring back to the original post which states that the zombies would fall unconscious several times after receiving a sufficient amount of damage before eventually succumbing to death.

I apply the word 'zombie' to the infected because:

A. I thought that the 'Z' in DayZ implied that it had to do with zombies.

B. Because there is little information as to what the effects of the infection are (besides the effects already apparent right now) or the origins of it, for all we know it could kill and then subsequently reanimate the host. Euryale, Because these people could have been killed and brought back by the disease, they could be textbook definitions of zombies.

I'm sorry that you think that your idea of what a zombie may be is universal. Who says that the zombies HAVE to be slow, or can't accomplish simple tasks like ascending a ladder?

EDITS: Spelling and some other errors.

Edited by Arkodus

You named this thread zombies never die. And then you proceeded to say "unless you shoot them a bunch or in the head". What?

Wouldn't work because if you down a zombie in a doorway you will have to sit there all day trying to kill it to get over its body