Sign in to follow this  
ian2buckz

Do you see a DayzHosting.Com Server LOCKED? VIEW!

If anyone is locking their server to cheat and get gear. They will get burnt out and quit playing anyways. If they want to ruin the game for themselves let em.

I agree I have seen way too many locked server/ admins kicking. Would be nice to see a huge black list. If you want to cheat create your own hive/database. If you can't follow the rules, don't use the main Hive. The main Hive is a privilege not a right.

Either that, or they will die and repeat.

Sounds like you would know?

HostAltitude didn't even reset the server when it was purchased. Incidentally your car in Starry along with the other 2 hordes of vehicles and multiple camping tents were found and destroyed (so they could properly respawn for all players).

So is the pot calling the kettle black?

Additionally did I mention it would be SUPERLATIVE if HostAltitude would actually reset their servers when a new admin purchased them. This kind of customer service is akin to getting a half eaten pizza in what was supposed to be a fresh box. (Fair warning to all)

Let's break this down so everyone has a realistic idea of what is actually happening here.

> Ian2buckz refunds server 1345.

> Server 1345 is purchased by a new owner.

> The server is brought online during a major patch weekend.

> Over the course of the weekend the server is reset multiple times.

> The server is occasionally locked and unlocked (I played multiple times this past weekend).

> The owners discover that the server was not properly reset (Nice one HostAltitude!).

> Despite being in violation of the rules the owner decided to keep it locked until they can manually reset it, so everyone could have a fresh chance to play.

> Spend hours looking for the cars.

> Discover they are ALL horded (minus 1 PBX) in 2 different mega camps.

> Destroy vehicles (manually resetting server).

> Server unlocked today with all vehicles (including helicopters :D) properly respawned and available for all.

> ian2buckz gets butthurt and sends email to HostAltitude.

> HostAltitude never informing the server Admin of the complaint responds to ian2buckz stating they are suspending the server (Nice one AGAIN HostAltitude).

> This misinformed thread is created.

> What could have been a nice FRESH server is destroyed by some random impatient moron.

To the players who like to report everyone and everything. Do you realize why people host servers? It's not so they can sit around and pander to your every whim. They are providing a free service a community of what appears like generally ungrateful jerks.

As proven in this thread. The OP made zero effort to contact the server admin who has already posted in this thread (it's not me, check signatures). Instead he would rather run like a little wimp to the hosting company and cry.

Last time my friends and I try and support the community by giving players a fresh start. I guess next we can just take all the vehicles for ourselves.

Actually my friends and I were all kicked from the server, prior to me reporting. Go read the ToS

> never had tent

> only had a motorcycle

Edited by ian2buckz

Well... useally a server owner has a job, so he can afford the server. Due to his job he will not have the time to play 24h a day like all those without a job. And you are going to tell those ppl, what they are allowed to do? You must be kidding.

Actually here is what you, as server admin, are allowed to do:

1) Pay for the server!

2) Edit the server discription!

THATS IT!

Edited by Yshido

Well... useally a server owner has a job, so he can afford the server. Due to his job he will not have the time to play 24h a day like all those without a job. And you are going to tell those ppl, what they are allowed to do? You must be kidding.

Yes, when you are using something that is not yours!

1. The Hive is not included in your purchase of a server. It is separate and not a right.

2. There is a terms of service

3. By violating that TOS you risk getting a server host's server IP black listed.

If you can not follow simple fair rules, do what those clowns are doing and create your own database. So you can play with yourself, with all the gear in the world.

As for your giant misguided words you just added. Makes you look more dumb then I thought you were already.

Edited by Iceman28001

Considering I've seen multiple servers locked for 5+ hours and then even kicking people from the game when the server is unlocked, for most servers is a yes. I honestly think all servers should make a post in the server forums saying why their server is locked and how long it will be locked. If they don't make the post then they get blacklisted. I think that sounds fair.

You realise that maintenance can sometimes take up to a few hours, right? I once spent 7 hours fixing my server after a physical server crash pretty much broke everything it could break. At the end of it, you know what I got? A bunch of people bitching because they made a camp on my server and then couldn't access their equipment because the server was down. Not even a thank you for just spending 7 hours in which I could have done something for my own enjoyment, but instead spent trying to ensure their continued enjoyment.

This whole middle-ages witch trials thing the DayZ community has got going needs to stop. Stop making admins' lives more difficult than it should be. I know there are admins out there who abuse their power and I think they're assholes, but jesus christ, move to another server. The amount of admins who get falsely accused of utter bullshit is staggering. Every second community member wants to see if he can get a server shut down. It's pretty much reached the point where admins are too scared to skip reading these forums for more than a few hours because they need to continuously check if people are accusing them of anything. I've received three emails accusing me of admin abuse in the last two weeks alone, and you know what the funniest part is? I haven't even played the game in a month because I'm at university with a shitty netbook.

So rather than running here like a tattle-tale, make a note of a server you think is run by an abusive admin, and never play on it. If everyone does this and nobody ends up playing on the abusive admin's server, how long do you think is that admin going to continue paying for a server few/no people play on?

• Like 2

Actually here is what you, as server admin, are allowed to do:

1) Pay for the server!

2) Edit the server discription!

THATS IT!

Noone is saying that, but if people want access to the original hive, they also have to follow the rules of that.

And not everyone in here, not owning a server, is 24h gaming nerds.

This is akin to modding a ps3, and then get mad when the guy behind the desk wont take it back because the warranty doesn't cover stupid.

Actually my friends and I were all kicked from the server, prior to me reporting. Go read the ToS

> never had tent

> only had a motorcycle

Please tell me you're not this short sighted.

Once we found out the server was not properly reset, we kicked players who were not part of our maintenance team and locked the server. The server has now been manually reset and is open for everyone to play on.

Had the server been properly reset upon acquisition we would have had it unlocked from the start.

If you're looking for someone to pissed at go complain to HostAltitude for giving us a non reset server and not responding to our ticket in 3 days. (ITS STILL OPEN BTW)

I'm actually fairly appalled that everyone is still trying to argue what admins can or can't do.

FFS we were trying to give the community a fresh server to play on.

Edited by Ist
  • Like 2

This.

Do people even consider timing with major patches? God forbid someone locks their server until all the patch day(s) woes are sorted out. I would bet $100 the OP made zero attempts to contact the server admin. I just played on the server this morning with no problems... What a bunch of entitled little kids.

Perhaps if there was better protection against the RAMPANT hackers, server jumping, and other general douchebaggery admins might not feel required to lock their servers.

It's embarassing a DayZ forum mod would support this kind of misinformed accusation.

:thumbsup: Before anyone goes any further, they need to read: http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/ :thumbsup:

If there is something wrong with the patch, you shut it down. You do NOT lock it. NOTHING can be fixed while it is locked. If theres a problem you close it down. There are no rules saying you cannot close your own server down. Hope that is clear enough to you half brain celled idiots. This kind of thing is used to farm loot and vehicles before other players get a chance and is absolute bullshit. We all play one way and thats that. Those who violate the trust of dayz face the consequences.

Once we found out the server was not properly reset, we kicked players who were not part of our maintenance team and locked the server. The server has now been manually reset and is open for everyone to play on.

Had the server been properly reset upon acquisition we would have had it unlocked from the start.

If you're looking for someone to pissed at go complain to HostAltitude for giving us a non reset server and not responding to our ticket in 3 days. (ITS STILL OPEN BTW)

I'm actually fairly appalled that everyone is still trying to argue what admins can or can't do.

FFS we were trying to give the community a fresh server to play on.

So you kick us more than once, yet don't use global chat to explain prior to kicking? I see. Oh, and you need a maintenance team IN GAME to fix something via CP? I see. Right.... Shut the server down, don't lock it for "maintenance" because that's bull.

Edited by ian2buckz

You realise that maintenance can sometimes take up to a few hours, right? I once spent 7 hours fixing my server after a physical server crash pretty much broke everything it could break. At the end of it, you know what I got? A bunch of people bitching because they made a camp on my server and then couldn't access their equipment because the server was down. Not even a thank you for just spending 7 hours in which I could have done something for my own enjoyment, but instead spent trying to ensure their continued enjoyment.

This whole middle-ages witch trials thing the DayZ community has got going needs to stop. Stop making admins' lives more difficult than it should be. I know there are admins out there who abuse their power and I think they're assholes, but jesus christ, move to another server. The amount of admins who get falsely accused of utter bullshit is staggering. Every second community member wants to see if he can get a server shut down. It's pretty much reached the point where admins are too scared to skip reading these forums for more than a few hours because they need to continuously check if people are accusing them of anything. I've received three emails accusing me of admin abuse in the last two weeks alone, and you know what the funniest part is? I haven't even played the game in a month because I'm at university with a shitty netbook.

So rather than running here like a tattle-tale, make a note of a server you think is run by an abusive admin, and never play on it. If everyone does this and nobody ends up playing on the abusive admin's server, how long do you think is that admin going to continue paying for a server few/no people play on?

So making a post on the forums that you're locking your server is difficult? It shouldn't take more than a minute and, if you say what you are doing, maybe the people won't try to burn you.

Edited by Charlizard

Once we found out the server was not properly reset, we kicked players who were not part of our maintenance team and locked the server.

Really?

Wow, you just ruined any argument you had right there.

Wow...

Edited by Iceman28001

Stop complaining.

The server is up and open.

You have you're reasons as to why it as locked.

Deal with it and move on.

So making a post on the forums that you're locking your server is difficult? It shouldn't take more than a minute and, if you say what you are doing, maybe the people won't try to burn you.

Yes, actually. I don't have the time (or the inclination) to come here and spam this forum with threads every time I need to lock the server, like when my server's time was kept going out of sync a month back and required me to edit files and timezones and keep restarting the server to see if my latest try has fixed it or not. If someone wants to find out why my server is locked, they can send me a PM on the forum or go to our server's official forum and ask there. If things reach the point where maintenance actually requires us to lock a server, you can bet we've probably go our hands pretty full.

Either way, I'm out of this thread. Just place yourself in a legitimate admin's shoes for a bit, and think how utterly frustrating it has to be trying to keep a server well-maintained and running properly for a community who's just looking for a reason to get you blacklisted, then you'll know how a lot of us feel.

• Like 1

Honestly, what's the problem with SHUTTING down a server, not locking it?

Either way, I'm out of this thread. Just place yourself in a legitimate admin's shoes for a bit, and think how utterly frustrating it has to be trying to keep a server well-maintained and running properly for a community who's just looking for a reason to get you blacklisted, then you'll know how a lot of us feel.

You know, I was typing out a long though out response to your "legitimate shoes" bit, then as I tried to find reason in what you do. I can not safely put my mind in the shoes of a moron.

You know, I was typing out a long though out response to your "legitimate shoes" bit, then as I tried to find reason in what you do. I can not safely put my mind in the shoes of a moron.

If the response you came up with in the end was to insult me, then I don't think your 'long though out' response would have held much ground anyway. :)

• Like 1

Also, just FYI, I am on hold with DayZhosting.com to get a DayZ server. I plan to tell people when and if I do anything with the server.

Let's get all the servers removed.

This is a man I can get behind.

Also, just FYI, I am on hold with DayZhosting.com to get a DayZ server. I plan to tell people when and if I do anything with the server.

Then you can also agree that the only maintenance is done in CP!

If the response you came up with in the end was to insult me, then I don't think your 'long though out' response would have held much ground anyway. :)

Oh my goodness I forgot a T. Aren't we grabbing at straws. You are backed into a corner and scurrying out of the thread. You'll get blacklisted eventually hopefully like the rest of the roaches.

EDIT! Forgot a T on at. Would not want to get called out on that or anything. You are sad sad little man.

Edited by Iceman28001

Then you can also agree that the only maintenance is done in CP!

Most of it, but like Zoop said, I have seen other servers with the time messed up. You can't really tell if the time is fixed without being in-game, and if its not fixed you will restart the server on other players if it's not locked.

Edited by Charlizard

Since I have been maintaining my servers...I havent locked it or changed anything...I dont see the need, never have. I dont see why people do it. It is some of the dumbest excuses, like testing. Honestly, its the shit bag Server admins that can comply with the simple rules and have this self entitlement crap.

If you cant follow TOS, or dont like them, THEN DONT HOST A SERVER.

Simple as that.

• Like 3