Sign in to follow this  
Jachim

Thunderdome'd?

Sounds to me like a bunch of servers this patch have been hit repeatedly with a hacked Northwest Airfrield deathmatch thing. Someone hacks in a bunch of shit at NWAF and teleports everyone there to fight each other. It even lists the hacking website involved.

Can't wait for standalone. =/ Wonder if they'll use the Arma 3 engine, and if so I hope it's better at script protection.

• Like 2

Haha yeah, I want the thunderdome thing to happen to me sometime soon, it sounds.. fun.

and a very awesome experience

Edited by Tfortacos

just became the victim of this. If had not been on a fresh spawn character I would be pissed. Stuff like this will make me quit playing eventually.

• Like 2

Just got ThunderDomed. Grabbed an FAL thermal and an AS50, Snipped a hacker faggot watching from the towers and dipped out with dome dope shit.

Haha yeah, I want the thunderdome thing to happen to me sometime soon, it sounds.. fun.

and a very awesome experience

I was put in, ran to the crate and grabbed the best close range gun I could think of - the M14 AIM - and I just killed everyone there before they even had a chance to get a gun.

I was put in, ran to the crate and grabbed the best close range gun I could think of - the M14 AIM - and I just killed everyone there before they even had a chance to get a gun.

Taking anything out of a hacked crate will get you a global ban, even if you didn't spawn the crate.

If you are "Thunderdome'd" as its been named here, I suggest just dying, or immediately disconnecting from the server. BE's logging doesn't really make much distinction between who spawned the crate, and who has used it.

It's quite annoying. The only good thing that comes out of it is that when you reconnect to a different server, you spawn in the NW Airfield. But that can be bad as well.

Taking anything out of a hacked crate will get you a global ban, even if you didn't spawn the crate.

You know, for a hacker. It would be so easy just to spawn a bunch of crates at loot locations and get a bunch of pubs global banned for just playing the game. I mean, how are you supposed to know it's a hacked crate?

Edited by Craig_VG

If you are "Thunderdome'd" as its been named here, I suggest just dying, or immediately disconnecting from the server. BE's logging doesn't really make much distinction between who spawned the crate, and who has used it.

cool story bro, needs more dragons

NmCEih.jpg

KxOruh.jpg

dmPZZh.jpg

7UqkVh.jpg

0WkbZh.jpg

VJKvGh.jpg

evMhJ.jpg

We all loaded up our shit full. No bans, no warning, and we're able to take it to any Hive server.

• Like 1

You won't get banned for picking up a hacked weapon but your account does get flagged, what happens with flagged accounts is unknown at this point I believe.

My server's been hit with this too. Leaving it down. Bleh.

http://imgur.com/a/sX73O

I play on your server and was in when this happened. It's a shame because i've been playing on it regularly for a while now and never had any problems. Are you going to quit?

Edited by leavethemountaindew

Why not people tell some server names so we can also gear up ? :(

Really? Why are there people who think this is actually a good thing?

This happened to a few good medics I know earlier today, lost lots of supplies.

I guess whoever shot them won't have a medic when they need one now.

Your wrong, picking up hacked weapons will NOT, NOT NOT get you a GLOBAL ban, but if an admin were to notice you would be banned from that particular server.

Feeding cheaters (not hackers, hackers are those who write the scripts) is like feeding trolls. There's no good thing in it.

Glad that albatros guy got banned.

Edit @applejuice: i wouldn't be too sure of that.

Edited by Tex Willer

When this happened on my server, a handful of us were already hunting at the NW Airfield, when one of us went insane yelling "OMG a huge giant wall just went up in front of me!" and before anyone could say "hacker" half a dozen of us disco'd.

Curious, we went back in a few minutes later to be greeted by the Thunderdome message. By disco'ing we didn't get teleported, and instead roamed around outside, hearing some poor souls duke it out and trying to figure out how to get inside. Couldn't take down the wall - two of us blew ourselves up with hand grenades (but managed to rescue each other), tried m203s and satchel charges, all to no avail. Went up on the towers to peek inside at the carnage. Then somebody got the bright idea to ghost inside, which is when we found out that this had happened to many other servers. Some people finally found their way inside to make reports. I got distracted and ended up dying a humiliating death to a band of zombies by the fire station. :(

Oh, look, someone that thinks BE global bans happen instantly.

Nevermind what I said, get on with your bad self there. Enjoy your stuff and have a great day :D

The SG server has one going right now, pulled out before anything bad happened.....I think it would be pretty cool to have a thunderdome...maybe with larger and more ferocious zeds or dogs,,,,or bears....then humans!