Sign in to follow this  
Captain America (DayZ)

Sniping in Heli-crash sites

Well, I just got shot with two other people with me at a heli crash site. This isn't a QQ thread. In fact, before then I shot two people from far away while one of them was running. My friends and I found a heli-crash site and we bolted for it. We hadn't thought it through and got shot while taking out the zombies. The sniper killed us. We know full well that they are just killing for kills. Never looting. I was wondering why people do this? I know it seems shitty to kill two people but there were gunshots so I put em down with headshots. They never disconnected, I'd like to thank them. But why do people kill others at these sites with a sniper to not even actually loot.

• Like 1

They do it for fun.

Why for fun? The idea is to survive. Killing others for no reason was not the point of this game. Sometimes it would just be better to remove sniping from the game. It would make others have to actually work to survive.

• Like 1

That is how they want to play the game, they enjoy your deaths and the act of killing knowing that in this game that when you die you are not just another tick on their kill count but you have to start from scratch. A chopper is a great place for them to guarantee that they will be making people start all over again with little need to risk alerting too many individuals like in Cherno or Elektro. Plus many players will see a chopper and throw caution to the wind for the most part wanting to get in and out fast. At least they had some honor when they were outplayed but another persons survival can be another's sport.

Well yeah, but it ruins the game for pretty much everybody who comes withing any range of you. The idea was to survive

You also gotta survive from people. stop your QQing

And removing snipers is just stupid, Maybe if you played smart you wouldn't of died

I kill anyone i see, but i also loot their body's, And how do you know they didn't loot your body?

Surviving isn't challenging. Sniping is.

You will get bored when you afk in a bush eating pigs and drinking lakes.

So, you will snipe under a tree just for (some) fun, since there is no penalty to this.

Is this a playstyle? I don't think so.

Why for fun? The idea is to survive. Killing others for no reason was not the point of this game. Sometimes it would just be better to remove sniping from the game. It would make others have to actually work to survive.

survive against what?

the zombies who get melted by LMGS

the hunger/thirst that we have tons of supplies for in our vehicles?

i realize youve never made it to end game, but once you do; you know there is nothing to do other than hunt people.

only thing i play for now is to see how high i can get my murders/bandits before i die.

for some reason on the 40-50 person server i play on i cant find anybody anymore, but im up to 14-0 while my buddy is at 37-1 (hes at like 29 zombie kills)

• Like 1

Sniping is hard on a server with no name plating. Anywhere else and its only a few PageUps or Downs to make a shot with no effort other than watching the blood spill out from your direct hit.

• Like 1

Thats how they survive they kill you take your shit and now they're still surviving, and you're not look who's playing the game wrong.

• Like 2

You also gotta survive from people. stop your QQing

And removing snipers is just stupid, Maybe if you played smart you wouldn't of died

I kill anyone i see, but i also loot their body's, And how do you know they didn't loot your body?

Because the shot was so far you barely heard it. I'm not QQing, I'm just wondering why?

You will get bored when you afk in a bush eating pigs and drinking lakes.

So, you will snipe under a tree just for (some) fun, since there is no penalty to this.

Is this a playstyle? I don't think so.

Sniping isn't exactly a challenge when people are just sitting there shooting things down or when lying down looting. It's easy to just measure the distance then put the crosshairs in the right place and shoot.

• Like 1

Thats how they survive they kill you take your shit and now they're still surviving, and you're not look who's playing the game wrong.

They don't need to kill, they want to kill.

• Like 3

How does a survival game have END GAME? And as far as surviving no being challenging try MOVING you camping nerd. THAT is challenging. when not moving you are not being challenged so im confused?

How does a survival game have END GAME? And as far as surviving no being challenging try MOVING you camping nerd. THAT is challenging. when not moving you are not being challenged so im confused?

End Game, having the items you deem best in the game.

example: A Sniper with AS50, Ghille suit, Range Finder, GPS.

That can easily be defined as end game in DayZ, he has some of the best equipment that can be found and survival is trivial to this player in the games current state.

End Game, having the items you deem best in the game.

example: A Sniper with AS50, Ghille suit, Range Finder, GPS.

That can easily be defined as end game in DayZ, he has some of the best equipment that can be found and survival is trivial to this player in the games current state.

End game implies that you are almost done or done with the game and are near the end. What you are talking about is high level'd gear that this guy obviously found because he's got more experience. I admit he had the drop on us. But to just say that all there really is to do is kill people is lazy and really, you can't defend that. Shooting people for no reason but to kill them is not dependable, it's simply somebody who was bored with the idea. Instead of continuing to survive and going around finding better stuff, they just sit there and ruin people's days. I know you ruin somebody's day when killing them but when you are doing it because it's of self defense or for the loot it's more defensible than just killing to kill. I know we hadn't scouted it out, all I wanted to know is why do people do this? You don't need to be jerk about it and say it's QQ when I just want to know.

I don't they are bored or lazy at all, they simply enjoy the act of murder knowing that is causing someone else grief. But they went and found the crash site, they picked the best spot to catch people approaching the location and they picked the right moment to take the shot and get the kill. As I have said before for some people it is about the survival and the tense player encounters, while others it is about setting up the kill.

When was this? On 195 I stumbled on a crash site and shot 2 people one female one male who had a as50. I had a CZ 550 with 2 clips.

lol exact same thing happened to me op, and we had just picked up a cco and saw not 5 minutes earlier but, you got to just move on

When you get to endgame, there is more to do than just kill people. Becoming a medic is equally as challenging because it requires you to run across a map and meet up with a stranger, hoping they don't ambush you.

It always leads to some excitement.

I'd like to meet strangers as well, except I prefer to do it through a scope from 600 meters away. Much more fun than sniping in the editor.

Oh, and I don't loot since there isn't any loot in the game which I don't have yet, so no point in looting either.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero

Because the shot was so far you barely heard it. I'm not QQing, I'm just wondering why?

Sniping isn't exactly a challenge when people are just sitting there shooting things down or when lying down looting. It's easy to just measure the distance then put the crosshairs in the right place and shoot.

how bout you ask tha wiz for more beans why you complain some more. Dont go to the places with good loot and you wont ever be shot, Probably. Having said that it is fun to shoot people.

Player Killers are the players who are too scared to face the challenge of helping strangers, they just get paranoid from being near a stranger.

I for myself was forced to kill 3 survivors who were too scared to approach me without shooting first. The peaceful approach needs to come from both sides ofc.

If you think that killing people is a "challenge", then you sir are heavily mistaken.

The real challenge in this game is to help strangers survive while they have the ability to kill you.

Edited by obvious.hacker
  • Like 3