Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuyCalledReptile

Notebooks. Bandit confirmed kill logs.

I would like a notebook that every character has to fill up the last tool slot.

The notebook would have no positive or negative effects but will be a replacement for the murders and bandit kills in the Debug Monitor.

Whenever you kill someone and study their corpse it confirms your kills and writes their name down in the notebook.

Just a small suggestion.

I'd like to be able to see who've I've killed.

• Like 13

Nametags would be nice, this way you can know their names. Instead of taking the nametags, you took their name and put it in your notebook.

Snipers did this in WWII. Where they kept logs of people they killed and if another sniper or solider killed them, it was common to find logs of sniper kills of individuals and know how badass the person you killed was.

I also like the suggestion they have to CHECK the body, this prevents coastal campers from racking up scores or names.

Have some beans. :beans:

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 3

I indeed do like this idea a lot, would make people move to collect their kills after a bit of time cause the body would disappear (fifteen minutes right?).

I indeed do like this idea a lot, would make people move to collect their kills after a bit of time cause the body would disappear (fifteen minutes right?).

Supposedly, Yes. Ive run back to a body though well over a half an hour and collected my loot.

Bodies don't disappear unless a server restarts.

this would be cool imagine getting shot one day then 4 days later you kill someone and read his log and read that he killed you 4 days ago and all the other people. or you could studdy their body and read a og. just a very basic log. this person killed this person on this day

only issue with that is would make more people want to kill you even if you had just spawned in. but it is a nice idea

Im down for this!

I need one of these to be honest :)

I'd prefer it if examining the body only gives you their name, then you can write whatever you want in your little note book, make up kills if you like. Nothing should be certain in this game, everything should rely on trust. If someone was lying about their kills it would soon come out and make a mockery of them.

Yeah agree with Yoko. maybe if the log was seen by you and bount to your character. people can examin a body and see who shot him however. This means people can kill 100 people and have their own useless count that no one else can see except the owner of that character

Make this log book loot able with entries of where and when killed whom.

if you did that then the servers would be full of notebooks. if there is a grave stone or something when the body is hidden that would be cool but it would be reset on player reset. Thats why if when you examin the player you kill you could see his whole log and if he kiled you

if you did that then the servers would be full of notebooks. if there is a grave stone or something when the body is hidden that would be cool but it would be reset on player reset. Thats why if when you examin the player you kill you could see his whole log and if he kiled you

Servers with notebooks would only be full of them if a lot of people were dying. Which doesn't matter? That's like arguing to take tin cans out because they are everywhere.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

everythingthing is reset on server resets except tents and wire and sandbags.

If I kileld you yesterday your body would not be there anymore or your notebook today. then if you kileld me today and it showed on my body that I killed you yesterday you would be like yessss I got that fucker. If the notebooks are kept on the players body it would be best.

think if the notebooks got saved on the server and 100 people were killed every day on that server thats 3000 notebooks a month. thats alot and will slow the servers

Servers with notebooks would only be full of them if a lot of people were dying. Which doesn't matter? That's like arguing to take tin cans out because they are everywhere.

its increasing server load having to track the items

just remove the counter altogether to many ppl sitting in churno with enfields trying to rack up the biggest badd ass score by shooting unarmed's anyway

its increasing server load having to track the items

just remove the counter altogether to many ppl sitting in churno with enfields trying to rack up the biggest badd ass score by shooting unarmed's anyway

It already tracks a number of things and they want to put in more. So you are suggesting they don't do anything at all?

they have to have something but having counters where everyone can see them like when you press I will make people want to be better. If your counter is personal I dont see a problem

This would be perfect.

Aswell I think it should add Zombie kills.

And taking away the day's in the bottom right at login, And adding it to the journal. =D

Just some crude roman numerals.

Someone really just draw something up! ^_^

A rough beaten leather cover, And worn pages.

Would be horrible if it was clean cut. P=

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

I bump for this. The idea seem's great, and would be a waste of a good idea if not tryed out :)

I came here from dogtags theard about that same suggestion. And personally I more like this one. Is specific and it's nice to see who you killed and have something like this notebook. Also, if some1 kill you he can be able to see how much ppl u killed.

This would be perfect.

Aswell I think it should add Zombie kills.

And taking away the day's in the bottom right at login, And adding it to the journal. =D

Just some crude roman numerals.

Someone really just draw something up! ^_^

A rough beaten leather cover, And worn pages.

Would be horrible if it was clean cut. P=

Love this idea, especially the days part. Could be tally marks instead of roman numerals - like a prisoner counting the days left to release on his cell wall. =D

The dogtag idea is great too as a slick mechanic for keeping track of pks. Although, not all survivors are soldiers...