Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fartus

Well, I think I'm about done with this piece of shit.

After putting several days into this mod, which by the way was very promising and fun at first, I've realized that it's crippled by the community. This would be the second time that I've had issues with "hackers" and basically being teleported into a kill coral and having my items stolen. The concept of the game is great, the game itself? Well, aside from being the most buggy thing on the planet using hands down the worst engine of all time is great. The problem you say? Well, the problem is the miserable fucking community that inhabits it. I'm simply tired of running into hackers and assholes in this game. So to the trash bin with this garbage pile.

• Like 1

After putting several days into this mod

then keeps talking....

then keeps talking....

You're right, I probably should have dedicated months to this to come to the same conclusion that countless others have come to. Also, thank you for being a shining example of what I was talking about ;)

• Like 1

wah wah wahhhhh

Ooof, coming from someone who likes a shitty bands and smokes weed.....

u mad?

I agree, most of the community is a piece of trash.

Haxors and douche bags..

But not everyone on of them are assholes looking for attention.

Why not join a clan? Start a base, horde vehicles and even shoot noobs at the shoreline!

Trust me mate! it's worth it :P

Edited by Tfortacos
  • Like 1

I agree, most of the community is a piece of trash.

Haxors and douche bags..

But not everyone on of them are assholes looking for attention.

Why not join a clan? Start a base, horde vehicles and even shoot noobs at the shoreline!

Trust me mate! it's worth it :P

While I'd be totally into that idea, my experience thus far has been dealing with very upset Russian children and I don't think I've run into an actual clan as of yet. Suggest one and I'll play.

While I'd be totally into that idea, my experience thus far has been dealing with very upset Russian children and I don't think I've run into an actual clan as of yet. Suggest one and I'll play.

Ah....so the game gets rescued from the trash bin so easily? All that self righteous indignation and shouting from the rooftop for nothing? I knew your thread was a waste of time, but I had no idea you would go right ahead and prove it...

• Like 1

Ah....so the game gets rescued from the trash bin so easily? All that self righteous indignation and shouting from the rooftop for nothing? I knew your thread was a waste of time, but I had no idea you would go right ahead and prove it...

Hey, check this guy out, he came back to get his impotent two cents in that really no one cared about while being equally hypocritical and soap-boxing like a true basement dwelling virgin. Run along now child.

• Like 1

Make one. Get away from the coast. Don't play on russian servers. The TX servers are all very well administrated.

I strictly play on US servers and was in STARY when I was teleported to a sweet kill corral. In short, FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, its alpha so the bugs are to be expected to me at least. As for the hackers I have only had one instance where I was teleported by hackers...thankfully I was crawling everywhere at that time so loaded in prone and just laid there while everyone around me was shooting.

Ended up logging out still alive and moved to another server, never had another issue with hackers. Not sure if this matters but are you making sure the servers your using are fully protected and up to date on the builds? I have noticed a few servers that appear a bit lax on their security and do not have the battleEye enabled so perhaps this is what happened with you.

Now as for the community there are some asses but for the most part I think most are helpful, provided you are not acting like a arse youself when posting like many seem to do then wonder why no one helps them.

Anyway good luck on whatever game you move on to ....think your missing out but its your call!

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, its alpha so the bugs are to be expected to me at least. As for the hackers I have only had one instance where I was teleported by hackers...thankfully I was crawling everywhere at that time so loaded in prone and just laid there while everyone around me was shooting.

Ended up logging out still alive and moved to another server, never had another issue with hackers. Not sure if this matters but are you making sure the servers your using are fully protected and up to date on the builds? I have noticed a few servers that appear a bit lax on their security and do not have the battleEye enabled so perhaps this is what happened with you.

Now as for the community there are some asses but for the most part I think most are helpful, provided you are not acting like a arse youself when posting like many seem to do then wonder why no one helps them.

Anyway good luck on whatever game you move on to ....think your missing out but its your call!

See the thing is....the concept of the game is really cool. I mean, on paper is sounds fairly boring but it is pretty interesting when playing. The engine being a wonky pile of trash can be tolerated just under the pretense that the MOD itself is interesting. However, the hacking and miserable community is just...ugh. To be fair, I have run into people who were fun to run around with and were sociable people but I would say that's at around 40/60. 40% being people who enjoy playing the game and aren't server hopping for gear.

Hey, check this guy out, he came back to get his impotent two cents in that really no one cared about while being equally hypocritical and soap-boxing like a true basement dwelling virgin. Run along now child.

Well as far as insults go, I'll give it a 7.

But seriously, one moment you are declaring that your game is "off to the trash bin" and the very next you are ready to play again. If that's the case, I'm really happy for you. By all means keep playing the game, it's what we all do after the frustration wears off. But for the love of god, next time you feel the urge to announce your raging exit from the game...just...don't.

Every single one of us will one day give up on this game, for better or worse, but we really don't all need to announce it in the forum. Agreed?

See the thing is....the concept of the game is really cool. I mean, on paper is sounds fairly boring but it is pretty interesting when playing. The engine being a wonky pile of trash can be tolerated just under the pretense that the MOD itself is interesting. However, the hacking and miserable community is just...ugh. To be fair, I have run into people who were fun to run around with and were sociable people but I would say that's at around 40/60. 40% being people who enjoy playing the game and aren't server hopping for gear.

Do you HONESTLY believe that >40% of gamers, playing any game on any continent, are more altruistic than those playing Dayz? I think this is a severe misconception. If the internet teaches you anything, it should be that 80% of the people on it don't give a shit about anything but themselves and will do whatever they feel like doing.

Other games have the same, or worse hacking issues. Even COD has ridiculous hacking and griefing issues. I remember within a few hours of Black Ops coming out there were already people with endgame weapons. It's just how things work on the internet man. Get over it.

My best suggestion to you is to leave Dayz for awhile. Go do something you enjoy and give it a shot once it's had some more time to debug. You'll probably enjoy it a lot more than you are slogging it out as an alpha tester.

Edited by sudZ!

Well as far as insults go, I'll give it a 7.

But seriously, one moment you are declaring that your game is "off to the trash bin" and the very next you are ready to play again. If that's the case, I'm really happy for you. By all means keep playing the game, it's what we all do after the frustration wears off. But for the love of god, next time you feel the urge to announce your raging exit from the game...just...don't.

Every single one of us will one day give up on this game, for better or worse, but we really don't all need to announce it in the forum. Agreed?

You're doing that thing again....that whole forming of sentences that are really stupid thing. Hold on, *open assed farts on your face* There, I told you to run along man-child extraordinaire.

Do you HONESTLY believe that >40% of gamers, playing any game on any continent, are more altruistic than those playing Dayz? I think this is a severe misconception. If the internet teaches you anything, it should be that 80% of the people on it don't give a shit about anything but themselves and will do whatever they feel like doing.

Other games have the same, or worse hacking issues. Even COD has ridiculous hacking and griefing issues. I remember within a few hours of Black Ops coming out there were already people with endgame weapons. It's just how things work on the internet man. Get over it.

My best suggestion to you is to leave Dayz for awhile. Go do something you enjoy and give it a shot once it's had some more time to debug. You'll probably enjoy it a lot more than you are slogging it out as an alpha tester.

There is a certain suspension of disbelief in this crowd, eh? Now, let me spell it out for you. The hacking is game breaking, I mean at no point have I ever seen a game where "hacking" constitutes having a player on a server basically behave like a tear faced admin. That is game breaking, I hate to tell you this but it is. While I'm sure tons of other people have romped around and eating their beans in peace from various dorkus marlorkus', I've just been running into a community of dudes who attack and DC before death. The climate is prime for trolldicks to be trolldicks.

I'd shoot you on sight too. You're full of the downs.

I know you're a floppy headed Canadian but there has to be a better way for you to get attention, right? Go be an attention starved, arm flailing retard elsewhere.

• Like 1