Kaffarov37

Da fack happend to the M1911

Before 1.7.2.4 the M1911 took 1 shot to the head and body to kill a zombie. Now it takes 1 shot to the head and like 4 to the body. I don't think anyone is going to aim for the head, because of the way how the zombies move. I haven't tried the revolver yet. They both use .45 ACP rounds so I am guessing the revolver got a Nerf too.

Perhaps its cus of the ammo glitch? Who knows. Saw Arma players were raging and reddit was mad too.

Yes many weapons got a damage reduction. You're actually spot on with the 4 shots because I believe it takes 4500 damage to kill a zombie center mass and that's how much damage 4 shots adds up to.

DayZ forum team can't figure out how to use the search function. Surprising. It got nerfed in the update and there's been 100 threads on the same topic.

Edited by unitus77
  • Like 1

Almost all weapons were nerfed. The M1911 and Revolver requires 4 body shots to down a zombie. The Makarow, M9, and other similar caliber handguns require around 8.

It was not 1.7.2.4 that changed the damage model. It was the Beta 1.62 patch from Bohemia. They made some mistakes in earlier development which made some weapons too powerful and this change to account for "air drag" on projectiles has inadvertantly caused changes to the days mod as well.

It was not 1.7.2.4 that changed the damage model. It was the Beta 1.62 patch from Bohemia. They made some mistakes in earlier development which made some weapons too powerful and this change to account for "air drag" on projectiles has inadvertantly caused changes to the days mod as well.

Alright, from the sound of it DayZ is not responsible for the nerf.

Pick up a makarov. You're going to be doing headshots now anyways

I was doing headshots to begin with. Even when the revolver took 2 body shots. Why spend 2 bullets when only 1 is necessary?

The latest beta patch nerfed a lot of weapons in Arma 2. BIS adjusted things for their game that do not necessarily translate well for Day Z. You can unload a makarov magazine into a player and have him still be standing there, albeit bleeding out and unhappy.

I was doing headshots to begin with. Even when the revolver took 2 body shots. Why spend 2 bullets when only 1 is necessary?

So you were using a slower weapon that holds less rounds to do the exact same thing?

I'll use the makarov

The latest beta patch nerfed a lot of weapons in Arma 2. BIS adjusted things for their game that do not necessarily translate well for Day Z. You can unload a makarov magazine into a player and have him still be standing there, albeit bleeding out and unhappy.

That has always been the case, the Makarov is a very weak gun compared to the .45.

That has always been the case, the Makarov is a very weak gun compared to the .45.

But its still a gun :/

G17 and PDW are now top tier sidearms.

QFT, but I always used a G17 because of the noise reduction.

I recommend this weapons chart to determined what weapons you wanna use.

I am glad to see my MK48 was untouched.

Source - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47838-i-made-an-updated-weapon-chart-on-gdocs/

But its still a gun :/

A gun known for being weak in real life too. The 9mm round is known to have less stopping power than the .45 ACP round.

Not just .45s, though. Check out the notes, the AKs got nerfed, all 9mm pistols and even the Makarov a little, plus the MP5 is about neutered now. At this point, for fighting zombies, you're often best served with an axe or the 1866 even after you find military gear.

A gun known for being weak in real life too. The 9mm round is known to have less stopping power than the .45 ACP round.

100% false. The difference between a 45ACP and 9mm in a fight is negligible.

There is very little difference between the two when shooting at humans without obstructions in the way.

Edited by Saltpork

I say bring it on. People keep saying that this is a pvp game because zombies are too easy. Let's see how they like it now.

QFT, but I always used a G17 because of the noise reduction.

I recommend this weapons chart to determined what weapons you wanna use.

I am glad to see my MK48 was untouched.

Source - http://dayzmod.com/f...chart-on-gdocs/

I'm kinda torn on it. PDW can use m9, g17, pdw and mp5 rounds but the g17 comes with a flashlight which is amazing when you're doing night raids

Yeah, I love that flashlight, as long as nobody's looking at me. My beef with it, though, is that the ArmA lighting math often turns my light into a little circle on the wall. When I use a flashlight in real life, I can hit the ceiling and cover the whole room. In a DayZ building, I have point my 5-inch circle of light right at something to see it.

For the record, I originally typed, "When I use a fleshlight..." which made this a truly hilarious post.

Edited by Beez