davidecibel

Is it safe to updated to 1.7.2.4 yet?

I heard a lot of people are having issues, but most servers made the switch by now.

Whay do you reckon, should I update? or wait for some fixes or something? Is it possible to rollback to 1.7.2.3 easily?

• Like 1

The only big issue people have come with the damage nerf for the AK74 variants and sidearms which come from the latest Arma2 patch. And for that Rocket is thinking about a solution afaik.

1.7.2.4 is fine IMO.

do it!

actually i think the game runs smoother now

temperature is gone from debug and you better be a headshot master with a pistol now or you will run out of ammo quick

It's not fine, at all.

Just search around the threads reporting about MAJOR graphic bugs (artifacts), happening to a lot of people.

I would stick to 1.7.2.3 for a while, unless you really want to update.

My favorite servers did a roll back to the previous version until they release a new hotfix, i'm just lazy to do the same, i'll just wait for a fix so i can play again.

Can't even bandage myself with this new patch. Asked around here and couldn't get an answer. Reverted back and can now play again.

I'd give it a while. When all servers update that's when you'll know it's safe.

Hmm I experienced artifacts on my .3 today (berezino) and the gun nerf is an Arma thing, not DayZ... dunno about the bandage problem though. I'll still wait a little bit i guess

Yeah I just had a nice stroll around the NW airfield that was made much more difficult by the near constant graphical artifacts in my way.

Yeah same here massive graphical errors resulting in now unplayable state.

Does it look like the textures are beeing torn apart and you have a weird colored sky? It only happened to me when i went back to the coast. So far it was ok inland.

You will have to update to the latest patch because they want all the servers updated within the next day or so because they will not allow heli spawns to commence until all the servers have.

Vipeax

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hey everyone,

many of the changes in 1.7.2.4 include changes in the way the game communicates with the Hive. These changes require every server to be running the latest version of both the mod & the Hive component, run with BattlEye enabled, as well as a recent beta build (>= 95389).

To make sure every server is in sync with the recent developments, we are required to disable older versions of the Hive extension from being functional in the near future, which, at this point, is estimated to occure in about 36 hours from the creation of this thread (subject to change). Tomorrow morning there will be a final wording regarding this subject.

The re-introduction of Helicopters is directly affiliated to this change and thus they will not be functional till previous versions of both DayZ as well as the Hive component have deflated, as the changes of the recent patch are mandatory to make them functional.

Further testing also showed a small bug in the Hive component, for which we will be releasing a second update for on the server side (0.7.2), which has been made available in the regular distrubtion areas for hosters.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Vehicles with ID's above 1 million didn't syncronize.

* [FIXED] First object in the database not being loaded.

Again I'd like to remind all hosters that running a build that is >= 95389 is required, BattlEye has to be enabled for your server to be fully functional and it is very import that you update your Hive component to the latest version within the next 36 hours.

This was posted in this thread -------> http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48598-server-side-hotfix-072-helicopter-status-and-server-info/

It means you will have to update today I think.

Also the graphical glitch can be fixed by holding shift double tapping the minus on the numpad twice then typing flush. It doesn't always work and it doesn't work for all players but it has removed the glitch temporarily for me.

Nope, not safe. Game is unplayable not only because of gfx issues but because of very poor performance every since 1.62 core update. :( :( :( :(