mgsloth

Optional PVP

Exactly, dude. Exactly.

And by quoting you made me I notice I got a typo in "there more" Fixed it. Lol

so the OP wants a happy danger free post apocalyptic zombie world in which he and all his friends can hold hands and... blah

even heard the song kumbaia while thinking about it.

protip: make friends and go out in real life perhaps?

ps.: even so, i would be ok if you werent able to hop into pvp servers with your character.

Edited by white

Banditry is important to those that enjoy that aspect of the game. It's also important to make a dilute social statement, but thats beside the point.

so the OP wants a happy danger free post apocalyptic zombie world in which he and all his friends can hold hands and... blah

ps.: even so, i would be ok if you werent able to hop into pvp servers with your character.

I'm assuming this is in the standalone version when the zombies are a major threat. Thus it would be a 'I'm really might be eaten by zombies if I don't find people fast' zombie world.

I'd believe that a PvE server would encourage people to be more cooperative with each other. Also, I find your pro tip strangely ironic. I wonder if you do too.

Meh, it's an option which would function mainly on the idea that there are two seperate accounts for the PvE servers and the PvP servers.

I don't feel like reading all of these posts, I think a couple have already said it. If you're going to have a PvE only server, that has the same items you can get, then you have to separate the PvE and PvP servers. People will go to PvE servers and find their loot and then log back over to PvP to kill people if it weren't separate.

Taking off i would say no... but i think i joined a server that had a message saying "No unprovoked PvP".. which is basicly saying no PvP... (i don't remember which server)

I mean it wouldn't hurt having No-PvP servers but then there wouldnt be much else to do rather than killing/running away from zombies and finding supplies

In the current state, there wouldn't be much of a game left if a PvE server was created. But in future, when the standalone comes out, who is anyone to say what others find interesting or not?

You would find the game getting very boring, very fast, trust me.

You might. I might. Others might not. There's nothing forcing you to play, there would be little negative effects on PvP servers assuming the accounts are kept seperate. If people want to play a game in a way that you consider boring and doesn't affect you personally, just don't play on the PvE servers. People aren't going to trust the opions of another until they've tried it. Expecially if the medium of communication is as anonymous as the internet. Give it a trial run, and if there is enough support for it in the standalone, then leave it there.

It's appealing to a wider audience while not alienating the original fan base. Or something like that in marketing terms.

As long as it is optional and characters can't be transfered from one type to the other, there is no reason to be against it.

If people you aren't going to listen want to sing Kumbaya, you get no right to stop them.

I however wouldn't play on such a server. I like PVP. I just don't lke snipers. I do hope sniper removal is another server option.

I would like to suggest that player versus player (pvp) be an option for server admins just like difficulty or 3rd person.

Why? some people just don't like it and would rather conquer the game just with the zombie aspect.

go play in traffic.

go play in traffic.

If you wont see them nor will you play on those servers why do you hate them so much?

You just don't want them to have fun their way? Do they have to play your way for some reason?

What is wrong with people these days that forget about what freedom is.

I didn't suggest to use the rifle for something else. I meant that it seems that bandits never use anything but a sniper rifle.

lowest-risk approach. if you try to be a bandit with a shotgun, there's a decent chance that you wind up losing the shootout.

lowest-risk approach. if you try to be a bandit with a shotgun, there's a decent chance that you wind up losing the shootout.

I will have to state the sarcasm more clearly.

What I meant is "grow a pair and get into a real gunfight"

The Dev team have already made it clear, on multiple occasions, that PVP is a core part of the game, so you're going to have to find something else to do.

even heard the song kumbaia while thinking about it.

haha, bashing someone for making a suggestion of ideas of a game is rediculas.

I am actually a bandit and love the fact that I can take out other players. I am just trying to bring up a point that some people (and I have met many) yes, whinning or crying or whatever you call someone who doesnt share your exact views. would like the option of it just being a zombie survival. you have to remember that there are a large amount of people who can't last very long with just the zombies, no matter how long they play or learn the game. having a pvp or pve option kind of makes the games have different levels. once you are ready, then you hop on a pvp server. I think for most people here, they are just thinking of the loot part as in if there was no pvp they would get all the good loot too easily. that I think is a yes and a no. there has to be a way around that and i agree with 100%. my opriginal post is not to make it easy for people, just to open it up for different levels of players some how. this game is still in alpha and suggestions are bieng taken, so it's just a suggestion. better all these things worked out now then later only to find out 80% of the alpha players were hopeing or epecting that some sort of vpe would be in place and never play again.

that is a good version of koombaya though ; )

Edited by mgsloth

I don't see why they would hamstring themselves by limiting the choices that their consumers have available. More variety means a larger fan base and, generally, a more content fan base. I suppose it really depends on your definition of sandbox.

I understand that meeting people who you don't know and are likely to kill you is a thrill and a social statement at the same time, but that doesn't mean that it should get in the way of accesability to a wider audience. I honestly believe that with the option of creating a PvE server would lead to more people joining and more people staying. In turn, it means more revenue. It all depends on how popular those PvE servers would be.

I don't see why they would hamstring themselves by limiting the choices that their consumers have available. More variety means a larger fan base and, generally, a more content fan base. I suppose it really depends on your definition of sandbox.

I understand that meeting people who you don't know and are likely to kill you is a thrill and a social statement at the same time, but that doesn't mean that it should get in the way of accesability to a wider audience. I honestly believe that with the option of creating a PvE server would lead to more people joining and more people staying. In turn, it means more revenue. It all depends on how popular those PvE servers would be.

I don't go on to Hello Kitty Online forums maoning that I wan't PVP and proper gore effects.

One condition is that you can't hop into PvP servers with your PvE character.

this at least.

then if you want a ''training'' server it's ok. for sure this won't help you when bleeding under fire, with just your makarov, and as50 and nvg in your pve account

PVP is a crucial part of Day Z, as much as you don't like banditry, I can't see something like this ever happening.

There is track record on every games that had only pvp servers, and then later changed to pvp on one side and pve on the other:

-PvE side became virtually danger free, which DOES please a lot of gamers but also remove any sense of risk and adventure.

-PvP side became a hellhole FFA Deathmatch, because why else would you be there?

And if you think DayZ is a DM fest now, you haven't seen what would inevitably happen then.

It's one of these cases where less is more, force players to think on their feet instead of giving them the option to opt out of everything they don't like so they can have their cake and eat it too.

What gives DayZ it's uniqueness is not having zombies and cans of beans, it has been done and done again. DayZ is the only harsh and ruthless game i've seen in a long time.

Path of least resistance, you give players the option to finish a game in normal or easy mode, they will usually pick easy.

Unless they want to put it on youtube.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

while I agree wth some of the things you say Lady, I could argue just the opposite. the game has already dif varriations. ( 3rd person, recruit, reg and expert.)

you did however bring something to the table and that is the fact if there was indeed a pvp and a pve.the pvp would just be reallybad.. not that it's not getting there already.

the one thing about sugestions is that it all depends on who is reading them and who likes what.

it's not up for you or me to decide , it's numbers. so far I think it's been 50/50 on yes for it.

just think what rocket must go through , trying to take all conciderations and make the best decision for the mod community.....

while I agree wth some of the things you say Lady, I could argue just the opposite. the game has already dif varriations. ( 3rd person, recruit, reg and expert.)

you did however bring something to the table and that is the fact if there was indeed a pvp and a pve.the pvp would just be reallybad.. not that it's not getting there already.

the one thing about sugestions is that it all depends on who is reading them and who likes what.

it's not up for you or me to decide , it's numbers. so far I think it's been 50/50 on yes for it.

just think what rocket must go through , trying to take all conciderations and make the best decision for the mod community.....

And the best decision is not changing a CORE part of the game. Again why do people bitch. If you don't want to deal with PvP go to low populated servers and go to towns that are not hot zones.

Fucking hell.

Rocket himself said multiple times, he will never make PvP not mandatory, it will always be a death match, because, why not?

So what about those of us who dont want to fight people, and would rather band together in this game? Those of us who like and love this game, in every aspect, but the banditry system?

Then you don't love this game.