drpastah

Snipers are OP?

Anyone else think that snipers are OP? It's so hard to fight against a sniper if you don't have a sniper as well, and it makes it hard to even find out where they can be at times. Also if you're being shot at, you'll have to be really lucky to get to cover fast enough. Generally, I don't see any methods of dealing with snipers really.

I somewhat agree, and it used to be worse when their secondary was op. Now it's a lot harder to die to the handguns so that helps.

well, dont go to places where snipers tend to be, or check sniper spots before using routes the sniper doesn't cover

snipers are powerfull, but once they shoot you, they reveal their position and can be tracked down by teammates or yourself, if its a bad sniper (which tend to be an awfull lot in dayZ)

if you get them unprepared and in close combat, they have one shot to get you, or they have a DMR and you're basically in danger the whole time

basically, search places snipers tend to be at, or run and hope its a nooby sniper

• Like 1

Welcome to a gun game. Were not supposed to be easy to spot. But those of you that run out in the open are easy targets...

In my opinion 50Cal. Snipers are OP, other than that I think they are pretty ok. Should just remove M107 and AS50 and it would be fine. I have played a lot with my AS50 and it's just so easy to kill people you don't even need to be good at shooting, doesn't matter if you just hit the arm or legs...

• Like 1

Ther is no such thing as there are no classes, skills or other things to muck about with.

No such thing as OP, just levels of how hard your ass will get kicked if you let someone get the drop on you.

• Like 2

Stupid geared players run past me and they lose the back of their skull for such stupidity... Love ghillie suits! ADD MORE VARATIONS! (There may be more DayZ Maps in ArmA 3 that are 300km2+!!! just my thought) I love my SVD Camo too. Snipers make the game fun, keeps you on your toes and alert and as a sniper you kill a geared player you get the jig and it FEELS SOOOO EFFING GOOD!!

if you die to a sniper as infantry, you're a bad infantryman.

if you die to infantry as a sniper, you're a bad marksman.

:D

• Like 3

In my opinion 50Cal. Snipers are OP, other than that I think they are pretty ok. Should just remove M107 and AS50 and it would be fine. I have played a lot with my AS50 and it's just so easy to kill people you don't even need to be good at shooting, doesn't matter if you just hit the arm or legs...

That's me, I also have a SVD.

if you die to a sniper as infantry, you're a bad infantryman.

if you die to infantry as a sniper, you're a bad marksman.

:D

So true, it's more the first one in my situations. First tip to making a sniper come out of his hole is if you heard a whiz or a snap (Snap being SUPER CLOSE Whiz for being close ) you shouldn't go prone EVER you'll just die the sniper already knows where you are. What you do is shoot where you think his position is and he'll get scared and move thinking he's gunna get shot if you shoot in the right place. If you have a squad and you're moving in a vehicle and one guy gets hit I usually hop out and shoot as much as I can in the spot I think he is in and he'll most definetly move thinking the whole squad knows his location. (I may make a DayZ Guide for countering snipers mmmm.)

Edited by Venzire
  • Like 1

I just find it annoying how most of the weapons got nerfed except for snipers.

• Like 2

Don't make yourself an easy target. Use cover and concealment. Be aware of when you stop, and where you stop. Up in those firehouse towers? If you're not in a good spot you're going to be sniped. Don't run in a straight line--the more unpredictable you are, the less likely they'll get the lead on you.

There are so many wanna-be long range riflemen it's rather amusing. Just because you can sit in a bush in a wookie suit doesn't make you a sniper. I've been hit by a sniper once in my whole gaming experience, and I gave him silent props on the You Are Dead screen because he had hit me on the move with a very short window of exposure. He took the gamble, timed his shot and won.

Isn't this the point of a sniper? Beeing hard to detect and be able to take out people from a long range. There's nothing really what should be edited on snipers.

I play a sniper too, and I have to say I dont have difficulties tacking out people it's harder for me to survive zombies. I have a Glock, AS 50 and a LS 85. So when I shoot the AS 50 close to a Zed spawn, there will be a minimum of 3 Zed's chasing me, it's pointless to use the scope of the LS 85 so I either have to hipfire or use the glock. both of it isn't that easy, hehe

Sniping is too easy.

Needs to be turned into this

thats way too hard

and you really think it would stop DMR snipers with their "spray and pray" sniping?

also, since 1000 meters is the max range visible in dayZ, .50 calibers would still be easy to aim with

Sniping is too easy.

A little more tuned down. Players in DayZ most of the time will get confused on this but in my perspective I'd love this!!

Oh I have to disagree hard with you at this moment. Why? Simply because once you start shooting at someone, the person instantly disconnects. Even if the AS 50 is a one shot kill I place atleast 2 shots in the boddy just to confirm the kill.

Oh I LOVE spray and pray DMR "snipers". Keep shooting love, I'm coming to you!

thats way too hard

and you really think it would stop DMR snipers with their "spray and pray" sniping?

also, since 1000 meters is the max range visible in dayZ, .50 calibers would still be easy to aim with

I don't necessarily think sniping should be THAT complex, but it would be nice if snipers had to rely on a spotter for range/elevation as most real snipers do. The bullet drop in this game is great...except that most of the time people aren't far enough apart that bullet drop actually comes into play.

Stupid geared players run past me and they lose the back of their skull for such stupidity... Love ghillie suits! ADD MORE VARATIONS! (There may be more DayZ Maps in ArmA 3 that are 300km2+!!! just my thought) I love my SVD Camo too. Snipers make the game fun, keeps you on your toes and alert and as a sniper you kill a geared player you get the jig and it FEELS SOOOO EFFING GOOD!!

IMO, the ghille suits in this game are the most un-realistic aspect of the game. I've actually worn a ghille suit and sure, if a helicopter flew overhead, I would be pretty invisible if I stayed still. But a person walking 10 feet in front of you is probably still going to see that weird sized lump laying under a tree...

Anyway, just adding my 2 cents.

Maybe they should make the sniper rifls way rarer than normal M4s or M16s, but nerfing sniping would either

1)Make the sniper rifles pointless

2)Take way too much coding for bullet paths

or 3)Remove the danger the airfields etc. actually pose at the moment

However, making sniper rifles rarer would only work if the hell of an exploit called duping would finally get fixed, right now everyone i know runs around with a f***ing L85 with thermal vision...

That's me, I also have a SVD.

I love the SVD it's a really good sniper rifle but also pretty rare so it's perfectly fine.

I just don't like the AS50 and M107, I've played a lot with them because they are just so easy to use but I feel like that is not the point of the game and seems pretty boring after a while. But I feel like removing the Rangefinder would also be a good idea, it would still be possible to guess the range if you know how to do it but would take way more skill. Of course the SVD would be the most badass rifle but I think that's fair as it is really rare. :D

Oh I have to disagree hard with you at this moment. Why? Simply because once you start shooting at someone, the person instantly disconnects. Even if the AS 50 is a one shot kill I place atleast 2 shots in the boddy just to confirm the kill.

Well I mainly shoot them in the chest :D

But other than that disconnecting and bug-using is always an issue, and with every gun in the game, that's not a valid point in a balance discussion i think...

Sniping is too easy.

I agree sniping is not an easy thing to do, most people would miss in real life and those that use the 50 calls would never pick them up because would you want to carry a weapon that weighs 20 pounds or more and not including the ammo.

The sniper rifles are op because they require no skill to use, which as anyone that's done range shooting knows it does take skill.

Also sniping is something you are suppose to hate and yet respect because I believe it's considered on of the hardest and most stressful jobs in military.

Edited by TheCenturion

thats way too hard

Why shouldn't it be harder, it's way to easy now?

A lot of the "the game is way to easy" snipers, would be challenged. I would respect those who choose to snipe. As it is now there are way to many who use them IMO.

And let them spray with the DMR. When the bugs are fixed they'll run out ammo with that tactic.

Edited by CLewis

Kids need to quit bitching. I've used 50 cals before, and "arm and legs" aren't a 1hit KO. (@ whoever said they were...) I think the system is just fine.. Making sniper rifles 2 hit K.O or any other significant change like that would be horribly unrealistic, imo.

Edited by rag123