Sign in to follow this  
Maz12

FPS performance terrible!

So this game has been running quite slow on Fps lately like really slow 10-17 fps quite rediculus and is getting on my nervs, i can play battlefield 3 and get better frames -.- here are my specs

AMD athlon 2 x4 645 processor (4cpus) ~3.1ghz

4GB ram

windows 7-64bit

directx 11

ATI radeon HD 5670 1gb ddr5 drivers are up to date

1tb harddrive

can anyone help me idk why my frames are soo low... is it my gpu? the game is almost unplayable

Your computer is a potato.

/thread

yet i can run BF3 full graphics and get 60 fps

mature answers please -.-

Lol that's def. not a potato. Try some of this:

1 (really good): http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28160-guide-how-to-set-up-your-graphics-properly/

2 (pretty good): http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38865-how-to-increase-fpssmooth-out-the-game/

3 turn antialiasing off and turn on PPAA settings to FXAA (sharp filter) on whatever setting.

More technical specs on the hard drive please. A slow hard drive can equal low FPS in ARMA II. Your GPU is a little dated but it shouldn't cause an unplayable game.

Let me ask you this: Have you lowered all the graphic settings in game? Does that fix the FPS issue? If it doesn't fix the issue than it is likely not a GPU issue.

ive tried tweaks and lowering settings but nothing still the same

Sorry to say, but your graphics card is shit!!!! OK period!!!! <_<

No really its fucking crap!!!! :o

Go play angry birds, it will be fine!!! :D

Now I will be nice, because i am really, its just fucking stupid questions piss me off, ok! ;)

Advise!! Your pc is not too bad spec get an ATI 6850 about £100 or $125, oh fuck I dunno where ever you live. But you know what i am saying!

What rez do you play at also is very important?

lol

amd athlon 2x core at 2.5 ghz

8800gt gpu

4 gigs of ddr2 ram

get 40-50 fps on medium

Some servers just run like shit

Sorry to say, but your graphics card is shit!!!! OK period!!!! <_<

No really its fucking crap!!!! :o

Go play angry birds, it will be fine!!! :D

Now I will be nice, because i am really, its just fucking stupid questions piss me off, ok! ;)

Advise!! Your pc is not too bad spec get an ATI 6850 about £100 or $125, oh fuck I dunno where ever you live. But you know what i am saying!

What rez do you play at also is very important?

GPU barely matters in arma. It doesn't store its data in VRAM, so it doesnt get processed by the gpu (for the most part). In arma, CPU and Hard drive matters more than GPU

• Like 1

lol

8800gt gpu

4 gigs of ddr2 ram

get 40-50 fps on medium

Also this. Some servers DO run like shit ;)

lol

8800gt gpu

4 gigs of ddr2 ram

get 40-50 fps on medium

What resolution brains>? <_<

GPU barely matters in arma. It doesn't store its data in VRAM, so it doesnt get processed by the gpu (for the most part). In arma, CPU and Hard drive matters more than GPU

Depends on resolution! Does it not?

I am going edit and explain!!!

High resolution = more gpu less cpu

Low resolution = less gpu more cpu

OK!!

Edited by Itchy

get an SSD. turn ALL your graphics settings to the lowest, then work back up to an acceptable frame rate. with 4GB of ram, make sure you're killing all your background processes when you play: don't skype, don't leave your browser open to half a gazillion webpages. find out what the system tray is and close anything there that you don't need running either, like say printer software.

hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

Most of the FPS drops are due to servers, keep trying some servers. There are also guides around DayZ forums showing working and incredible ways to improve your fps by large amounts.

its probably my gpu ive been meaning to upgrade it but on a budget so get off my nuts ppl

my rez is 1152-864

its probably my gpu ive been meaning to upgrade it but on a budget so get off my nuts ppl

my rez is 1152-864

ITS NOT UR FUCKIN GPU! Jesus. ArmA 2 is NOT LIKE OTHER MODERN GAMES! It doesn't use the GPU as much as most other games do. In ArmA, your cpu and HARD DRIVE (especially this) are what matter. Your problems are most likely to do with the server you're playing on being running for and extended period of time without a restart. If you get on a server with good performance that just restarted, you'll probably get 60 FPS in small towns. I have a i5 3570K, gtx 670, and a SSD and I STILL don't get 60 FPS in big cities and I often find myself at only 20-30 FPS on a crappy server.

yet i can run BF3 full graphics and get 60 fps

mature answers please -.-

Hahaha, BF3 with max settings on a 5670 and 60FPS? Pics or it didn't happen.

get an SSD. turn ALL your graphics settings to the lowest, then work back up to an acceptable frame rate. with 4GB of ram, make sure you're killing all your background processes when you play: don't skype, don't leave your browser open to half a gazillion webpages. find out what the system tray is and close anything there that you don't need running either, like say printer software.

hope that helps a little.

Yeah, like SSD improve framerates, rotfl.

I'm just trying to help.

I have a beast of a computer, so trying to figure out how other people are getting bad fps is mostly 'treating the symptoms' from my perspective. yes I have an SSD and a 7970, running on win7 ultimate with 16GB ram and a i7-2600k overclocked. I do not see low fps anywhere, anywhere when I play, so it is hard for me to buy that "this is mostly a server issue at this point". what, my computer is somehow getting data from the server that yours isn't because the server has a problem but my PC is so über that it just makes it up? doesn't mesh.

instead, I'm looking for client side issues that might be more realistic for this gentleman who has asked for the community's assistance and input. one possibility that I've tried to address is starved framebuffering to his video card, caused by excessive paging to his hard drive: something that both reducing addressed (used) memory and faster disk access [sSD] would alleviate. it would also make his system as a whole more responsive, and others who see similar symptoms on their own PCs could emulate to positive effect. it's just a theory, but also a relatively cheap fix that has no downsides aside from small monetary cost.

but whatever d00d, ROFLCOPTER you sux0rz *insert useless post* instead.

Please, dont think that your PC performance running that console tripe BF3 means anything. Your computer must SUCK if you have problems and thats that. I play on a laptop and it's freaking sweet. A laptop ffs.. so your computer must SUCK. answer? get a better one