Sign in to follow this  
stinger656

Cars

In the new update are cars just spawning randomly or do you need to find parts and repair or build one?

Find car, its broken.

Find parts, fix car.

Car will save whenever you put gear in/out and or when everyone gets out of a vehicle.

Also same for helicopters.

Remember: people will kill you for your can of beans. What do you think they will do for a working helicopter?

Remember: people will kill you for your can of beans. What do you think they will do for a working helicopter?

Unless you've added some new mechanic I'm not aware of they'll probably still just kill you :p

Mag.

Car will save whenever you put gear in/out and or when everyone gets out of a vehicle.

So cars saves like characters in the database but like tents are saved on specific servers?

So cars saves like characters in the database but like tents are saved on specific servers?

I hope so :D

Find car' date=' its broken.

Find parts, fix car.

[/quote']

Vehicle with all of our stuff in it disappeared after a server restart on US3. All gear and vehicle gone.

Is that to be expected right now or should we make sure to keep everything in tents?

Just on a tangent but surely I can't be the only one who longs for a fuel hungry APC :D!

I don't need one with pew pew laz0zs or cannons but a really rare APC like the UN Medic one just to protect you from incoming rounds would be fantastic.

Of course I don't think you should be immune so maybe mines or a few very rare RPGs should be added eh?

Just the thought of having an APC in this game makes me giddy though!

I have a few questions and concerns with how the vehicles spawn/work in the new update.

1. Is it a script that spawns them in random locations?

2. I noticed after a few of us searched the north immediately after the patch and searched all the "hot" spots and there are no vehicles in the north are of the map. Also I noticed several "new" players finding boats and cars and even a helicopter down near cherno/elektro which they immediately tried to fly and crashed due to no tail rotor.

Why place all the vehicle spawns down south where they are less likely to be used correctly due to newer players getting their hands on them and destroying them?

Why shouldn't new players be able to have some fun? You seem to be suggesting not putting any vehicles near the coastline at all.

Josh' pid='5038' dateline='1335757492']

Yes' date=' cars are back and are somewhat more abundant than before. But, still kind of broken. 2 bandits can't get in the same car/boat.

[/quote']

the 2 bandit thing is really annoying for our group of 2 bandits and a normal. :(

What I'm suggesting is the same as weapons, essentially you get the better stuff farther inland.

Two bandit issue is a bug, I will fix that.

Also, vehicle saving has been reworked for 1.5.3 so that it more efficient and in line with character saving. Currently it can take up to 10 minutes before a vehicle will have a chance at saving. This is addressed in 1.5.3

Two bandit issue is a bug' date=' I will fix that.

Also, vehicle saving has been reworked for 1.5.3 so that it more efficient and in line with character saving. Currently it can take up to 10 minutes before a vehicle will have a chance at saving. This is addressed in 1.5.3

[/quote']

I'd spent 3 hours running up stuff and repairing a land rover, what triggers the save state for a vehicle? Do you have to actually move it? Adding items and doing repairs as well as hopping into it and starting engine didn't seem to.

Two bandit issue is a bug' date=' I will fix that.

[/quote']

That's good, no more teleporting back 5km after a server restart!

Also, as BigValco said earlier, a bunch of us searched a ton of towns in the north (ie Stary, Novy, Gvodzno, air-fields etc) and we couldn't find any vehicles. Are the spawns always near the coast now, or was that just bad luck? Additionally, will destroyed vehicles respawn?

Can u lock vehicle in anyway or just try to hide it as good as u can and hope that no one steals it while u are offline?

What is the meaning if the Fuel box is red? Fuel tank problem? I had the red box but full fuel and the car worked just fine.

If someone make tutorial on cars, that would be great. SO far i dont know even what to look for

2. I noticed after a few of us searched the north immediately after the patch and searched all the "hot" spots and there are no vehicles in the north are of the map. Also I noticed several "new" players finding boats and cars and even a helicopter down near cherno/elektro which they immediately tried to fly and crashed due to no tail rotor.

Why place all the vehicle spawns down south where they are less likely to be used correctly due to newer players getting their hands on them and destroying them?

I like that the heli is in cherno. It's a cluster fuck city that means no one can really get the heli without having a group of guys protecting the helicopter while it's being repaired.

That's a good thing since there is no need for a single guy to have a whole helicopter to himself.

Our vehicle disappeared again when server crashed with 6 of us in it. Back traced the vehicle a ways from the route we took, nadda. Went to its spawn point, nadda.